Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    Why what?
    "I don't blame (the PM for his response)"?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DMcGovern)
    "may" being the word to focus on there.

East Antrim? Are you mad?

That's a DUP stronghold - Sinn Féin, even the Alliance will get in before UKIP does, and they're useless.
    I agree that they will get in before UKIP does, but if UKIP manages to prevent the DUP from winning their third seat, UKIP can win a seat there. If UKIP had 117 more votes in stage 12 in the 2016 election, UKIP would have won a seat. Or, if I'm in charge of things, enough terrorists would be arrested so that there is no nationalist MLA elected in East Antrim.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    "I don't blame (the PM for his response)"?
    Ohhh, because since last Govt, I've thought the CC should be shut down anyway, as I don't feel there's enough, not structure necessarily and not rules, but guidelines of sort... Like, ultimately, any crises could be made, however ludicrous, and this is what, the second crises in a year..?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Unown Uzer)
    I agree that they will get in before UKIP does, but if UKIP manages to prevent the DUP from winning their third seat, UKIP can win a seat there. If UKIP had 117 more votes in stage 12 in the 2016 election, UKIP would have won a seat. Or, if I'm in charge of things, enough terrorists would be arrested so that there is no nationalist MLA elected in East Antrim.
    Whooaaa hold your horses.

When the Alliance are performing better than you in your most promising constituency, that's the day that you stand down.

The Alliance are only there to make up numbers, for feck's sake.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Ohhh, because since last Govt, I've thought the CC should be shut down anyway, as I don't feel there's enough, not structure necessarily and not rules, but guidelines of sort... Like, ultimately, any crises could be made, however ludicrous, and this is what, the second crises in a year..?
    Well considering we're only a month or so into the parliamentary term this is good progress so far. Last term we had a mini-crisis ourselves with TBM standing down and nobody knowing who should stand.

We've got a structure now anyway with a Constitution written up and implemented, that's why so little was done last term.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Life_peer)
    While the response may be plausible, it's certainly not probable, and if it were, it would only mean that there can be no peaceful solution to this lunacy and we need to exterminate the terrorists because we sure as heck wouldn't negotiate at this point. My main point is that the portion of the CC that is responsible for this (presumably just one person) is heavily biased, as is the whole mechanism of generating crises and developments.

Moreover, it's boring. I don't care one bit about mentally ill people going apeshit about how many days a flag is to be flown and most of my colleagues likely think the same given their lack of response… Hardly anyone outside the UK pays any attention to these issues because they're not worth the time.
    You kinda have to though, as PM.

ReputationRep:
    That;s because the vast majority of people really don't care...
    And yet you want us to remain part of the UK, when the mainland doesn't give two shits about us? NI in crisis, the UK should at LEAST care at little.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Hear hear! The game's got too hard for them so they claim it's biased and useless, then ignore it.
    Because explicitly saying "give away NI" definitely isn't biased at all...

If I were calling the shots I would be responding to stupid with stupid. Warships into the Irish sea, a strict curfew, summary on the spot execution for breakers, reunification of Ireland under Her Majesty.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)

If I were calling the shots I would be responding to stupid with stupid. Warships into the Irish sea, a strict curfew, summary on the spot execution for breakers, reunification of Ireland under Her Majesty.
    Feel free to draft a response. You are the Defence Secretary and we're dealing with violent terrorists, after all, so I'm giving you mandate to react to this crisis as you see fit. Enjoy!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Life_peer)
    Feel free to draft a response. You are the Defence Secretary and we're dealing with violent terrorists, after all, so I'm giving you mandate to react to this crisis as you see fit. Enjoy!
    Time to look up how much cavalry we have c:

The only thing stopping NI being turned into a nuclear wasteland is being downwind rather than upwind.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by That Bearded Man)
    And yet you want us to remain part of the UK, when the mainland doesn't give two shits about us? NI in crisis, the UK should at LEAST care at little.
    Exactly.

No it's not. It's one of several options. Hence why we said "options could include"

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Except the crisis is not stupid because that's what happened last time.
    It is your own fault for being too heavy handed - for example, we mentioned that police divisions were in only Catholic areas as a hint to warn you that it'd be a bad idea, yet you went ahead with this.

If you proceed to turn it into a ridiculous war game you will show everyone that you aren't up to it as a government - these are the same problems that the RL UK governments of 1969-2006 had to deal with, more so at the beginning.

Also your next response may affect the conditions in TSRland.

ReputationRep:
    Time to look up how much cavalry we have c:

The only thing stopping NI being turned into a nuclear wasteland is being downwind rather than upwind.
    Ha, and you call US terrorists.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Ha, and you call US terrorists.
    I can open a dictionary, and as if we needed more proof that the intention of the CC is to push a political agenda. Who are the CC members from each party, other than yourself and Airmed?

ReputationRep:
    I can open a dictionary, and as if we needed more proof that the intention of the CC is to push a political agenda. Who are the CC members from each party, other than yourself and Airmed?
    Well, I'm not, for a start.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Well, I'm not, for a start.
    Been easy to mix up you and Govern

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Myself
    Airmed
    nebelbon
    Little Toy Gun
    Tommy1boy
    cranbrook_aspie
    The Nat Lib guy
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Debate on this crisis is now over.

If the Government wish to produce a final response they should send it to me.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.