Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

have you ever met someone with your name? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Nope, most people who meet me say they have never even heard my name before. The only time I have seen people have my name is on the internet, I think my names more common in America.

ReputationRep:
    M******a is a pretty rare name.

ReputationRep:
    i'm james and have met quite a few james

ReputationRep:
    One of my friends at school has the same name as me

ReputationRep:
    When I was applying for Student Finance the first time around they accused me of being fraudulent because there was already a girl with the same first and last name as me (I don't have a very common name) that was born on the same date and same year from Birmingham. I guess they thought I was applying twice using two different addresses.

I've always wanted to meet this other me. I've got her post from SF sometimes because they still get us confused.

Meet a lot of old ladies with my name. Have yet to meet someone under about 80...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indeterminate)
    A couple, yes. My name is surprisingly common :lol:
    Same

Nope never, my name is pretty rare -in France at least, but it's common in Japan-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    It's very rare that i meet another claire,i've only met 3 in my lifetime.
    Do you meet someone with your name often?
    I did come across a boy who had the same name :P which is weird :P because I'm a girl :P
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by FrenchUnicorn)
    Nope never, my name is pretty rare -in France at least, but it's common in Japan-
    おもしろいね 。。。

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Lots. So many that through most of high school and university we were referred to by our surnames. I think there were maybe 10 people with the same first name as me in my year at school. There are 19 people on my Facebook friends list (of just over 500 in total) with the same first name.

(Original post by Edminzodo)
    おもしろいね 。。。

Posted from TSR Mobile
    知っている :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ravioliyears)
    I have the same name as an Indian actress so whenever a relative sees me, they squeeze my cheeks and call me her full name :sigh:
    Same Only difference is mine is the same as a Sri lankan one.~.~ and there are people who sing a Hindi song which has my name in it at times too
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by FrenchUnicorn)
    知っている :mmm:
    すごい名前があって思
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.