The Student Room Group

AQA Mathematics MD01 Decision 1 – Friday 24th June [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

can anyone remember the breakdown of marks for question 7?
Original post by Uzair142
Atleast I'm not the only one with £500

Good haha I don't remember how many marks it was worth but I think there will be a method mark for subbing whatever values of x and y you got into the objective function. How did you find the rest of the paper? :smile:
Probably be about 62 for an A
Loved that exam :biggrin:, however D2 might just be hell after this :redface:

I am thinking high grade boundaries - maybe even 67/75 for an A (this has happened before in FP1, I think a similar thing might happen for D1).
Original post by Dapperblook22

I am thinking high grade boundaries - maybe even 67/75 for an A (this has happened before in FP1, I think a similar thing might happen for D1).

67 wow haha! I'll be surprised if it is but yeah it was quite an easy paper so definitely above 60
Original post by melodyisamarvel
Good haha I don't remember how many marks it was worth but I think there will be a method mark for subbing whatever values of x and y you got into the objective function. How did you find the rest of the paper? :smile:

Content wise I knew the stuff but i made quite a few stupid mistakes. Overall coulda gone better but wasn't bad considering i touched it for the first time Yesterday. And yourself?
Original post by Uzair142
Content wise I knew the stuff but i made quite a few stupid mistakes. Overall coulda gone better but wasn't bad considering i touched it for the first time Yesterday. And yourself?

Yeah same I found the whole paper quite decent but dropped quite a few silly marks.

67? Na man, I'd say 64 max looool 67 would be ridiculous

Think I got about 67 out of 75 and hoping thats high 80s or around 90 UMS :frown:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Chickenslayer69
67? Na man, I'd say 64 max looool 67 would be ridiculous

Think I got about 67 out of 75 and hoping thats high 80s or around 90 UMS :frown:

I also think it is ridiculous, as did everyone else when it actually happened :tongue:
Original post by CookieMuncher03
I got 48 for the first prims with 6 points (P, Q, R, S, T, U)
for the 7b prims I got 74
7c I got 67
can someone confirm these?

I got 48 and 51 :smile:
Reply 110
Original post by Busted838
it sure does... i typod it. in the exam i put £515

i dont know how people are getting x=24 y=8 its not the same objective line.

objective line was y=-(3/4)x

Objective line doesn't matter tho it's about the intersection between two f the condition lines
Reply 111
If I messed up on 15-20 marks anyone think that could be a B
I also think it is ridiculous, as did everyone else when it actually happened :tongue:

I found this to be a tad easier than June 2014 which was 61 for an A... doubt it'd be 6 marks higher. About 62 would be a reasonable guess.
Original post by Hjyu1
If I messed up on 15-20 marks anyone think that could be a B

If you lost 15 it would definitely be a B and probably just short of an A. If you lost 20 it would probably be about B boundary.
Reply 114
If you lost 15 it would definitely be a B and probably just short of an A. If you lost 20 it would probably be about B boundary.

I've gotten so used to further maths grade boundaries loosing 15-20 marks in one of the further exams normally means your ****ed
Original post by Hjyu1
I've gotten so used to further maths grade boundaries loosing 15-20 marks in one of the further exams normally means your ****ed

I know, blame everyone for being good at maths smh

on the plus side mechanics boundaries will be low :wink:
Reply 116
I know, blame everyone for being good at maths smh

on the plus side mechanics boundaries will be low :wink:

I'm guessing you done well in m1 lool I thought quite a nice exam despite what everyone was saying and are you sitting m2 Monday?
Original post by Hjyu1
I'm guessing you done well in m1 lool I thought quite a nice exam despite what everyone was saying and are you sitting m2 Monday?

Naa thought it was horrible LOL, think I got about 50 because of the bloody 10 marker lmao. And nah not doing m2
How did everyone do the last question? I couldn't figure out how to write the equations. Was so difficult compared to all the other graph theory questions :/
Original post by tajtsracc
iirc these were the inequalities:

y 5
x + y 32
2x + 3y 72
x 2y

Cheers. Wasn't it 2x≥y though?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending