Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hmrc operational delivery profession (surge and rapid response team) offers? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by agsss)
    I'm ready when they are lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Good idea, haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by #ladybird)
    Received an email today. Offered 3 start dates options; 25 Jul, 8 and 22 Aug.
    Thanks for this information, very invaluable. It would help others have an idea of their possible start dates. I like the idea of more than one start dates!

ReputationRep:
    Quick update guys just got an email saying pre employment checks have been completed.
    Won't be long before more confirmation starts pouring in.

ReputationRep:
    Awwwwww congrats!!! 😀👍

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by agsss)
    Awwwwww congrats!!! 😀👍

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanx agsss.
    My advice will be keep bugging hmrc with emails as they seem to be in chaos with the recruitment process.
    sent HD form 5 times before they finally decided to conduct pre employment checks.
    Sent one final form with an email stating my frustration and I was surprised the check was done with the result emailed to me all in the same day.
    Don't give up guys.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onomskky)
    Quick update guys just got an email saying pre employment checks have been completed.
    Won't be long before more confirmation starts pouring in.
    Good news, and congratulations. hope to hear soonest too! Thanks for the information

ReputationRep:
    Hi all, congratulations all round! I am starting on the 1st August in Croydon. Really looking forward to getting started and meeting you all :-) Just a heads up to anybody that is moving area for the role. I am moving to Croydon from Oxford for the job, and as part of the rental process the letting agents that I am going through, like many others, require an employer reference. SRRT will not provide such a reference until you have officially started the job. Thusly I have failed the letting reference process and lost out on the flat that I wanted. I have emailed Civil Service Resourcing to try and establish if they can provide such a reference. It seems like fairly basic request. If this affects anybody else let me know and I'll try and update you as to how I, eventually, navigate around this.Additionally the start dates that I was offered were the 18th July, 1st August and 15th August if that helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LordEddardSharpe)
    Hi all, congratulations all round! I am starting on the 1st August in Croydon. Really looking forward to getting started and meeting you all :-) Just a heads up to anybody that is moving area for the role. I am moving to Croydon from Oxford for the job, and as part of the rental process the letting agents that I am going through, like many others, require an employer reference. SRRT will not provide such a reference until you have officially started the job. Thusly I have failed the letting reference process and lost out on the flat that I wanted. I have emailed Civil Service Resourcing to try and establish if they can provide such a reference. It seems like fairly basic request. If this affects anybody else let me know and I'll try and update you as to how I, eventually, navigate around this.Additionally the start dates that I was offered were the 18th July, 1st August and 15th August if that helps.
    Great stuff, thanks for the information! seems like 3 options given when formal offers are made. Also, I am sure you will find that renting in London would be far expensive than Oxford. Also, what did the job title say and what was the salary? I applied for the London Croydon office too, and awaiting formalisation of the offer.

ReputationRep:
    Love the power of the internet, imagine how nerve racking it must have been before the web, people just waiting curiously and probably impatiently for a response.

I do have a quick question for those who have got their start dates. I just received my DBS certificate today. How long after getting that did you get your start date?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inglesant)
    Love the power of the internet, imagine how nerve racking it must have been before the web, people just waiting curiously and probably impatiently for a response.

I do have a quick question for those who have got their start dates. I just received my DBS certificate today. How long after getting that did you get your start date?

Thanks
    I think it takes about 2 weeks from receiving your dbs to getting the offer. That's just going from the info on this page.

ReputationRep:
    Aw man I hope it's quicker than that

ReputationRep:
    Got any email this morning asking for a start date confirmation.
    Was offered 18th of July, 1 August and 25th of August.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lere)
    Great stuff, thanks for the information! seems like 3 options given when formal offers are made. Also, I am sure you will find that renting in London would be far expensive than Oxford. Also, what did the job title say and what was the salary? I applied for the London Croydon office too, and awaiting formalisation of the offer.
    I think the formal title that has been referred to in correspondence is Operational Delivery Profession Administrative Officer. Seems a tad verbose... In respect to salary or other general information regarding the post I have no idea. They will send a contract for me to sign in the next few weeks. Sorry that's not particularly helpful! I was hoping to know the details by now tbh. Furthermore, from my experience the process of receiving my DBS to being given a choice of start date took about a week, and from there another week and a half to receive official confirmation of said start date. The process has definitely not been as smooth as I had envisaged, but then I am probably guilty of being a tad impatient! Hope that helps :-)

ReputationRep:
    Just called up on my Dbs form, was told they've just received my application and all the checks still to be done. So that means i can stop checking my emails for at least 2-3 weeks.... Everything seems to be so long. Oh well. Congrats to all of you guys who received the formal offers 😊👍

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the info, the starting dates seem to be random like, I thought the first people offered would be the more recent Monday's but that doesn't seem to be the case. I am still going to be impatiently checking emails every hour haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LordEddardSharpe)
    I think the formal title that has been referred to in correspondence is Operational Delivery Profession Administrative Officer. Seems a tad verbose... In respect to salary or other general information regarding the post I have no idea. They will send a contract for me to sign in the next few weeks. Sorry that's not particularly helpful! I was hoping to know the details by now tbh. Furthermore, from my experience the process of receiving my DBS to being given a choice of start date took about a week, and from there another week and a half to receive official confirmation of said start date. The process has definitely not been as smooth as I had envisaged, but then I am probably guilty of being a tad impatient! Hope that helps :-)
    Hey, thanks for the information. It does really help. Please do give this thread more information when you do start, re- the working times and what the day is like. I am still looking forward to receiving a formal offer and confirmation of a start date.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by agsss)
    Just called up on my Dbs form, was told they've just received my application and all the checks still to be done. So that means i can stop checking my emails for at least 2-3 weeks.... Everything seems to be so long. Oh well. Congrats to all of you guys who received the formal offers 😊👍

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey agss, still awaiting for dbs results too. Hopefully we would get something next week.

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I have received my formal offer for the Bolton office and have chosen the 22nd August as a start date! Congratulations to everyone that has gotten the job! What a long process! Feels like forever!
    Who here is starting in Bolton?
    Xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SarahHill11)
    Hi guys, I have received my formal offer for the Bolton office and have chosen the 22nd August as a start date! Congratulations to everyone that has gotten the job! What a long process! Feels like forever!
    Who here is starting in Bolton?
    Xx
    I am.

ReputationRep:
    Great! When are you starting? And I hope you don't mind me asking, how old are you? I'm pretty sure I'm going to be the old lady of the group! I'm 29! X

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 31, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.