Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Collombia)
    Well that ending was terrible.
    A sour ending to a game full of positives for England
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    What a waste of good chances and what a stupid goal against in injury time. What a good first halt time where England played good combinations and passings, but incapable of scoring the goal. That is a loss of two points, very bitter for a courage English team. This team was just unable to treat itself for playing offensive.

ReputationRep:
    Wales played better.

ReputationRep:
    Same old. If we do make it to knockouts we won't make it as the group leaders and will end up against a tough team then give a good fight but will still loose, probably on penalties.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Olie)
    Same old England, play well and have a promising game, but **** up in the end, almost laughably predictable, we really don't like to win opening games at tournaments and I could see the equaliser coming. And I can't stand all this 'so cruel' and 'they deserved to win' from the pundits, there's no excuse for dominating like that and not winning, only scoring one goal from a set piece ultimately isn't good enough.
    So right and put it in a nutshell. A team which is incapable of scoring has not deserved it to win. Scoring goals is still the main point in a football match, no matter how dominate and good a team played.

(Original post by JavaScriptMaster)
    Great now we're lagging behind Wales
    True. England is playing the next match against Wales, or am I wrong?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mauryan)
    Same old. If we do make it to knockouts we won't make it as the group leaders and will end up against a tough team then give a good fight but will still loose, probably on penalties.
    We have to win against Wales basically to stand a chance of coming top. Tall ask.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slaven)
    Just now the Rusians are beating the **** out of your BBC sucking cucks.
    https://twitter.com/dreamteamfc/stat...35472540585984
    Yeah, absolutely disgusting behaviour from the Russian fans.

ReputationRep:
    LOL What a farce. Roy trying to shut up shop after a pathetic 1-0 lead. England got exactly what they deserved.

ReputationRep:
    Sterling was complete and utter s*** don't know how he starts ahead of Townsend or dare I say Rashford. Dele Alli is the most overrated c**t ever, people think he's the next Gazza or something and the only reason he had a good PL season is because Kane is a beast, Alli's place is in the championship not a champions league chasing team and certainly not a Euro 2016 side.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Thought Rooney was brilliant playing further back. He sprayed passes and had a similar impact as in the FA Cup final, to be honest.

Sterling was poor, and England too naive. It was reminiscent of 2014 vs Italy. We lack game management and a ruthlessness.

We had chances, and until Dier's free-kick, I didn't think it would be our night. It was a shame none of our chances fell to Kane. Lallana could have had a couple, but we didn't do anywhere enough to win. Hart's positioning for the goal was terrible, too.

The question is now: how to approach Wales? Realistically, this Russia side will finish 4th. That's a worrying sign. We should treat the Wales game like a PL match. Bring in Wilshere and Henderson, in my opinion, and drop Lallana/Sterling.

ReputationRep:
    Reports that an English fan has been killed after being pushed in front of a train.

I wonder if it was the Russians

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TelAviv)
    Reports that an English fan has been killed after being pushed in front of a train.

I wonder if it was the Russians
    Source?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Thought Rooney was brilliant playing further back. He sprayed passes and had a similar impact as in the FA Cup final, to be honest.

Sterling was poor, and England too naive. It was reminiscent of 2014 vs Italy. We lack game management and a ruthlessness.

We had chances, and until Dier's free-kick, I didn't think it would be our night. It was a shame none of our chances fell to Kane. Lallana could have had a couple, but we didn't do anywhere enough to win. Hart's positioning for the goal was terrible, too.

The question is now: how to approach Wales? Realistically, this Russia side will finish 4th. That's a worrying sign. We should treat the Wales game like a PL match. Bring in Wilshere and Henderson, in my opinion, and drop Lallana/Sterling.
    I think the players are good enough, but they lack the mental edge and the ruthlessness tactically to close out a game... that all comes from the management.

We simply have too much firepower to need to sit back and defend a 1-0. That was Hodgson all over.

ReputationRep:
    England played really well in the first half yet they failed to take advantage of a poor Russian side. There was a great feel about the team then second half, went pear shaped. Rooney taken off unnecessarily (can see what Hodgson was thinking, bring Wilshere for 'control' but would have been better taking off Alli) and same defensive approach. Their goal was well taken by their defender. Nothing to be massively worried about though, England should get through with a draw on Thursday and beating Slovakia but latter vs Wales, they can cause a few alarms in the opposition's defence.

I'd be tempted to play Sturridge if he's going to play a striker in a game similiar to today. Kane was poor.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    Source?
    This rumour has been cleared up on Twitter by people from Marseille ... the train network shut down because a French woman attempted suicide on the line. Nothing to do with the football being in town.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slaven)
    Just now the Rusians are beating the **** out of your BBC sucking cucks.
    https://twitter.com/dreamteamfc/stat...35472540585984
    (Original post by Olie)
    Yeah, absolutely disgusting behaviour from the Russian fans.
    Disgusting bunch of *****. You guys drew calm down. You were never winning the game. We played better. Your huge country which is supposed to be amazing produced a last-minute draw against us, underdogs frankly!

Disgusting behaviour from the vodka folk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Irate Killah)
    Sterling was complete and utter s*** don't know how he starts ahead of Townsend or dare I say Rashford. Dele Alli is the most overrated c**t ever, people think he's the next Gazza or something and the only reason he had a good PL season is because Kane is a beast, Alli's place is in the championship not a champions league chasing team and certainly not a Euro 2016 side.
    Aids post

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ....Jeff458)
    Disgusting bunch of *****. You guys drew calm down. You were never winning the game. We played better. Your huge country which is supposed to be amazing produced a last-minute draw against us, underdogs frankly!

Disgusting behaviour from the vodka folk
    We really weren't underdogs

ReputationRep:
    hodgson messed it up at the end there with the changes. sterling was keeping them pinned back in their own third. if he was gonna make a change it should have been from the 60th min onwards, either sterling or rooney for vardy. bringing on milner and wilshere so late was pretty pointless. we needed a vardy to hassle their defence and close them down in addition to giving kane an extra bit of space/room to maneoruvre so he didn't keep getting offside. hated how deep we were sitting against them at times, especially when their ageing defence had the ball
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Same old story really. Couldn't take our chances and poor substitutions. The Russian backline was slower than the erosion of the UK coastline, game was crying out for a Rashford or Vardy, but instead we see James Milner. The ****? Rooney was outstanding and why he was taken off I don't know.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: June 12, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.