Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thutmose-III)
    Apparently it was a far-right lunatic who wanted to attack mosques and synagogues. Such people do exist; Breivik, for example.

What this instance does not overturn is the fact that fundamentalist Islam has substantially more resources, more willing followers and at present is a greater threat to our society.

I don't preclude the possibility of the emergence of neo-Fascist movements over the next couple of decades in Europe, it's possible they will be the main enemy 20 years from now. But for now, fundamentalist Islam is the main game and they are the ones who are causing the most mayhem and influencing our society the most
    Have to agree

I do expect to see an increase in the far right over the next 20 years (as I have seen an increase over the previous 10 years) and I have stated why we will see and increase

But yes as I said in a follow up post I may have lost the bet this time but odds are still going to be in my favor that the next attack will be Islamic inspired as will the the ones that follow

(for example today we have another Muslim being imprisoned for a terrorist attack on UK soil but it hardly gets a mention on this forum and the muslims telling me 'told you so it's not always muslims' will not make a mention of the attack either)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlphaWolfZ)
    the Jews have been part of France since WWII
    Jews have been a part of France since the 1st century AD. Jews were carried off as slaves from the Roman campaigns in Judaea, or went to Rome for work or as traders. From there, they spread throughout the empire.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm
    it is rather a telling statement isn't it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nexttimeigetvpn)
    "Only an idiot would think otherwise", this summarises the arrogant rhetoric of people like you. Get lost
    Immigration is out of a control. That is a fact. Denying it makes you an idiot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daniel9998)
    or an immigrant with a vested interest

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daniel9998)
    I am not saying it isn't, but saying that "anyone who thinks otherwise is an idiot" makes you the idiot. Sorry to burst your high bubble

ReputationRep:
    Apparently it was a far-right lunatic who wanted to attack mosques and synagogues.
    I wouldn't hurry to make conclusions.

French officials doubt Ukraine arrest linked to football bomb plot
    http://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-ukr...-idUKKCN0YT26Y
    "This young man is unknown to French intelligence services, and the judicial authorities for now are leaning towards a possible arms smuggling case," Thomas Pison, the state prosecutor for Nancy, said by telephone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by admonit)

"This young man is unknown to French intelligence services, and the judicial authorities for now are leaning towards a possible arms smuggling case," Thomas Pison, the state prosecutor for Nancy, said by telephone.
    The whole thing seems a bit odd, I'm inclined to give Ukrainian intelligence the benefit of the doubt as they have been following this creep and keeping him under surveillance for months.

They were planning to wait until after Euros 2016 to announce the arrest but it was leaked by the French press. There's something a bit odd about the whole thing, maybe the guy is a French CI or something. I don't know, but thus far what I've seen is the French authorities claiming they have no evidence for the proposition that he is an ultra-nationalist extremist but as I said, the Ukrainians are the ones on the ground. Also, it's been reported this guy wasn't known to French intelligence so if he isn't a CI of theirs then it seems they're not in a particularly good position to cast doubt on what the Ukrainians have said

Also, the two aren't necessarily mutually exclusive; people who move in extremist circles characteristically involve themselves in organised criminality to raise money for their organisations.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by admonit)

This.

It would not be the first time ukro-government stages false flag operations. It is tring to potrait itself as defender of the EU.

The far-right are peacefull people and are legalists in nature. Terrorattacks are not something caracteristic for them unlike for the islamo-left.

ReputationRep:
    Probably a leftist.

It is well known that leftists hate Jews.

Leftists are also pro-Islamic terrorism.

By bombing a mosque or any other Muslim location, the attacker could be hoping to spark revenge attacks by Muslims, and then starting a series of attacks between members if different faiths.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.