LSE 2017 Applicants

University Navigation

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fbiemad)
    Yes you have a chance. What subjects and grades do you have?
    (If you dont want to share here, you can PM me and I "might" be able to help you out)

But for this course, grades alone dont do it. LSE doesnt interview students, so the hing they can use the most to differentiate students is the PS, so thats very important. Once again, a very strong PS can make up for slightly lower grades (basing it on very few offer holders I knew of from last year).
    Messaged you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Don Joiner)
    Messaged you

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hasnt came yet. Im guessing you are typing it now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phillies21)
    Whats LSE like for GCSE's?

I've got 2A's at AS (one is linear), got an A* in EPQ already and am predicted A*A*A*.

However, i only have 2A* 3A's 3B's at GCSE.

Does this seem like a problem to anyone? I know my a levels are fine but I have heard that they are very strict on GCSE's?
    You won't get in

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Are you sure? I know my GCSE's were bad but I have got the best possible AS level/A2 predictions and A* EPQ wont this make up for it?
    What course are you applying for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I live in London with my brother and sister studying in Universities in London. So I only applied to London Universities and Cambridge. So my family and I prefer that I stay in London with my brother and sister. (Also efficient in terms of costs)

Also, in 'World rankings' LSE is the best Economics University which is in the UK. I know different websites say different things.

Also, the course in LSE is BSc and the modules are more mathematical. In Cambridge its BA and I heard from a student that its half mathematical and half essay based. This is because Cambridge has compulsary courses on 'Economic History' and 'Political and Sociological Economics' which dont have maths in them. (This is a small reason though)
    Ahh, that makes sense tbh. Which college are you applying to at Cambridge? And yes, different websites say a multitude of things - but ultimately, if it's aesthetic appeals to you - then there's no place better I think Cambridge being a BA isn't too big a problem - a Cambridge Degree is a Cambridge Degree ;P

ReputationRep:
    Social anthropology (probably the least competitive course at LSE)
    Mate. clearly a bit of a troll. If you're predicted such high grades, I think it's quite a lot more unlikely that you don't get in. Why social anthropology?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gmahapatra)
    Which college are you applying to? ;P
    Havent decided yet. You?

ReputationRep:
    Havent decided yet. You?
    I'm beyond the point of caring, so just going to apply to Trin, hahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone applying for BMS or Stats and finance?

ReputationRep:
    At the moment I am doing MATHS, FURTHER MATHS, PHYSICS and CHEMISTRY at A2 but i am thinking of dropping chemistry. Do you think that will hurt my chances of getting an offer from LSE for MATHS WITH ECONOMICS?

GCSE: 1 A*, 5 A, 5 B and A in FMSQ maths
    AS: 4 A(maths 300ums, further maths 296 ums)
    Predicted A2: 4 A*

Thanks

I also plan to do STEP 1,2,3 this year

ReputationRep:
    Can you still get into LSC with decent GCSE results (mainly B's and 4 C's) but AAA in a levels?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I got a C in maths, additional science and English language but the rest of my subjects I got a B. Let's say I got AAA in AS, does that mean I can still go LSE?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tbatrm1)
    I got a C in maths, additional science and English language but the rest of my subjects I got a B. Let's say I got AAA in AS, does that mean I can still go LSE?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The C in Maths and English Language in particular will hurt your chances, it might be worth looking into retaking those

ReputationRep:
    I want to do the sociology course at LSE and the entry requirements are AAB and i'm predicted AAB, do I have a chance of getting in or do I have to have better grades than they want?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone submitted an application yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aasdasda)
    At the moment I am doing MATHS, FURTHER MATHS, PHYSICS and CHEMISTRY at A2 but i am thinking of dropping chemistry. Do you think that will hurt my chances of getting an offer from LSE for MATHS WITH ECONOMICS?

GCSE: 1 A*, 5 A, 5 B and A in FMSQ maths
    AS: 4 A(maths 300ums, further maths 296 ums)
    Predicted A2: 4 A*

Thanks

I also plan to do STEP 1,2,3 this year
    no

ReputationRep:
    I submitted my application about a week ago, and I haven't received any sort of confirmation email.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raph8el)
    I submitted my application about a week ago, and I haven't received any sort of confirmation email.
    It says on the LSE website that they receive their first applications from UCAS in late September, so you should get an email in a couple of weeks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e_bll78)
    I want to do the sociology course at LSE and the entry requirements are AAB and i'm predicted AAB, do I have a chance of getting in or do I have to have better grades than they want?
    If your prediction meets the minimum they want, it means that they will consider you. But the higher the prediction the better.

ReputationRep:
    Hello!I am looking for someone to transfer to my Urbanest Kings Cross tenancy. The room is 217.45 a week it is a single spacious private room, you share with two other lovely flatmates and have two bathroom and a kitchen. It is near Kings Cross and is only 20 minute train commute away from LSE!.If this sounds interesting to you than please reply ASAP

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 4, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.