Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Making it how much for a B?

ReputationRep:
    what were questions 12 and 21? thanks (the question btw not the answer)

ReputationRep:
    Test was easy and hopefully i got more than 95, 3H was definitely tougher and this was a good chance for people to bring their average up to get the A*

ReputationRep:
    Why do i remember getting a negtaive answer on one of the functions questions ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZoeN2)
    Making it how much for a B?
    Around 48 in each paper

ReputationRep:
    I really hope I have achieved a B grade!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abodee1)
    Why do i remember getting a negtaive answer on one of the functions questions ?
    i did too

ReputationRep:
    The probability question didn't say without replacement etc. That was a pretty easy question but the wording messed me about.

ReputationRep:
    I got -4 and-1 for X ? Not 4 and 1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by izak)
    i did too
    ?
    That'll be because you put into your calculator -4^2, instead of (-4)^2. My calc is stupid, the first one is -16 and the second is 16.
    I think I got 7 but im not sure i cant tell if it was a or b etc lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GregorGilchrist)
    The probability question didn't say without replacement etc. That was a pretty easy question but the wording messed me about.
    Ye same, did you assume that they were replaced cause I did.... I made all of them /20

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annaperdy)
    It was deffo x = 4 or 1 because it was the gf(x) = -1

ReputationRep:
    No it was defo 1 and 4. You'll probs get most marks as ur working was correct, u may have forgot to change the -4 in the brackets to 4 outside.
    (x-4)(x-1)=0
    x = 4 or 1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucyg2000)
    It was deffo x = 4 or 1 because it was the gf(x) = -1
    How many marks do you think I'll lose?

ReputationRep:
    Ye same, did you assume that they were replaced cause I did.... I made all of them /20
    Ye man, so many people have done the same. Supposedly its common sense and i get that but the question didn't inform you! its was a lot of marks as well I'm pretty sure

ReputationRep:
    How many marks do you think I'll lose?
    note sure hopefully not too many depends on the method you used

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tilly2000)
    Good idea. :-) only 1 more exam to gi!
    Wow... you are lucky, Ive still got 7 to go...

On the topic of this exam - that was the easiest thing ever - maths is my worse subject and even I got 100%. I am so relieved i can finally say goodbye to maths forever.

(Original post by Milena1810)
    Not a clue. I think this paper was quite easy but the first was harder so maybe the boundaries will go up by 3 or 4 for each x
    More... I would estimate for that paper:
    A*=85
    A=67
    B=48
    C=31
    D=19
    E=10
    U=0

Oh and here is some working out for the questions I can remember from teh top of my head-
    The Q about gf(x)=-1
    g(f(x))=-1
    Therefore X^2 -10x = -1
    x^2=9
    x=3 or -3
    Therefore:
    2x-5=3or-3
    2x=8 or 2
    x=4 or 1

The question about the hexagon:
    sum of interior angles =120*6=720
    4x=720-the angles given
    4x=164
    x=41

Can anyone remember the surds questions? I remember having fun with them, but don't remember the q's and would love to have another go.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if they still reward marks if you carry on the question even though you got one wrong. (wrong answer carried forward)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GregorGilchrist)
    Does anyone know if they still reward marks if you carry on the question even though you got one wrong. (wrong answer carried forward)
    It depends on the examiner, but if you are talking about the probability one, as long as you have shown that you were figuring out the right suff, just used the wrong fractions, you'll likely get the ECF or will only lose 1 mark.

ReputationRep:
    Just noticed - 22a is wrong.
    It was 2q - 5p
    Because it was 1:4 in ratio, where 1 was equal to p, so the entire line was 1+5 = 5p

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.