Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    This is when we find out the person who started the thread actually studies level 3 hair and beauty

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HopelessMedic)
    Which subjects have u taken tho?
    Exactly
    Probably art, photography etc 😂😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pi/2)
    Discombobulated can also be used as a noun you prune: Disconcert or confuse (someone): (as adj.discombobulated).

Obviously you are incapable of reading or mentally retarded.
    It's a past participle acting as an adjective...not a noun.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magnus Taylor)
    You're doomed mate
    If you say so
    Spoiler:
    Show

(Original post by Marshall Taylor)
    If you say so
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Eton mess

ReputationRep:
    How much revision did you do for the exams?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pi/2)
    Hi guys, as you can see from the thread title, I pretty much agree that the new a-level exams are too easy, I mean it's not our fault, but obviously the education secretary should change up the a-level playing field. Exam boards are asking ridiculously easy questions, and this is obviously unfair as previous years have sat daunting, but well set exams while we can just essentially sit "Mickey Mouse" exams. It honestly just defeats the purpose of calling these qualifications "A-Levels", the difficulty of these exams are incomparable with the difficulty of GCSE exams. The qualifications should be renamed to General Certificates of Secondary Education because it's honestly quid pro quo.

EDIT:
    For the record, I'm actually studying Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry.
    not everyone finds alevel easy you know i hope you fail yours

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magnus Taylor)
    Eton mess
    Do you remember when that ginger kid fell over during the Eton Open last year?

(Original post by Marshall Taylor)
    Do you remember when that ginger kid fell over during the Eton Open last year?
    Indeed I do, silly comp

ReputationRep:
    op does gender studies

ReputationRep:
    Please tell me your not lying because I'm starting my A levels next year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harun_farah)
    Please tell me your not lying because I'm starting my A levels next year
    I recommend you don't get involved in this thread as it's run by a ****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pi/2)
    Hi guys, as you can see from the thread title, I pretty much agree that the new a-level exams are too easy, I mean it's not our fault, but obviously the education secretary should change up the a-level playing field. Exam boards are asking ridiculously easy questions, and this is obviously unfair as previous years have sat daunting, but well set exams while we can just essentially sit "Mickey Mouse" exams. It honestly just defeats the purpose of calling these qualifications "A-Levels", the difficulty of these exams are incomparable with the difficulty of GCSE exams. The qualifications should be renamed to General Certificates of Secondary Education because it's honestly quid pro quo.

EDIT:
    For the record, I'm actually studying Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry.
    This has to be a troll, makes me want to chunder everywhere, what a stupid thing to say:curious:

ReputationRep:
    Making A-levels more difficult wouldn't be suitable with the general culture of the UK. Countries with harder qualifications have these because they usually push children to study and expect academic success from a very young age.

ReputationRep:
    I can guarantee you that most people disagree. But good for you though, just don't fall into a position where you'll have to eat your own words.

ReputationRep:
    Well, i felt like i had slammed my head against a brick wall when i started my A-levels, so......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pi/2)

EDIT:
    I'd prefer harder exams. Lower grade boundaries -> small mistakes don't matter as much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pi/2)
    Discombobulated can also be used as a noun you prune: Disconcert or confuse (someone): (as adj.discombobulated).

Obviously you are incapable of reading or mentally retarded.
    "I'm studying... Mathematics, Further Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry

I'm interested in... Mathematics, Further Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry and Rubik's Cubes

My study level is... A-level (A2)"
    Lol you're an A2 student............

ReputationRep:
    Wasn't this topic about how the new A level exams are easier because of them being in a new specification, which next year will be a one year old specification...?
    In the end this is still "Just A levels" after that theres still a degree to do and further, AND HARDER WORK.

Though for people difficult varies,some find it hard to study for 3 hrs a day some find it hard to study for 10 hrs a day some find it hard to study for three days straight, it all depends. Difficult content will always become easy when you have learned it , people at some point had struggled with their multiplication but some of you wouldn't say that now, what is actually different?

In my opinion an easy paper is a paper which asks you exactly what is on the specification and does not even attempt to mix many "multiple parts or different applications" into the exam (which my exams seemed like excluding maths which was on an older exam board). If you find this hard you have not learned the specification. If your struggling on these "multiple parts or different applications " its likely you have not made enough connections between the material, it is silly error day or exam panic.
    I'm sure if someone spent their entire 24 hrs in a day diligently revising an A level with access to information(good information) and good memorization techniques and the right content, they would actually finish it, Maybe even with an A/A*.

ReputationRep:
    Do you reckon A-Level exams will be easy for 2018 exams??

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.