Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z1820)
    What did people write about why the alveolus causes difficulty in exercise?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I put that with the disease, the alveolus has a much smaller surface area to volume ratio, therefore the rate of diffusion of carbon dioxide and oxygen is considerably less. Then I linked it to less oxygen being available for aerobic respiration, which in turn makes it difficult for exercise as less energy can be supplied to muscles for movement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mediaya)
    The one with the disease had a smaller surface area so less oxygen could be exchanged at once, meaning that the person could not respire fast and his cells would lack of oxygen for respiration. Nit sure if thats right, but i put that
    I put something like that

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hellokitty789)
    What did you guys put down for the questions about farmed cow meat vs cultured?
    For the environmental bit I put that cultured meat is better because cows release methane and take up space which is usually made by cutting down trees. For the other bit I put the cultured meat could be modified to contain nutrients needed by humans (not really sure about that one lol) and something else that I cant remember sorry!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyle03)
    I put that with the disease, the alveolus has a much smaller surface area to volume ratio, therefore the rate of diffusion of carbon dioxide and oxygen is considerably less. Then I linked it to less oxygen being available for aerobic respiration, which in turn makes it difficult for exercise as less energy can be supplied to muscles for movement.
    Thank you
    Do you have an approx prediction of how many marks it will be for an A*?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    there was a question about the blood and u had to describe the what each part does, i dont know if it was the first six marker or the second
    What was the other one?
    There was no six marker on the blood!

- One was on how plant ions, glucose and water get around a plant
    - Another one was on how the body regulates your temperature when you are cold

ReputationRep:
    the six marker was about blood - you had to talk about A B and C which were red blood cells, white blood cells and platelets. you had to talk about their structure and stuff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z1820)
    Thank you
    Do you have an approx prediction of how many marks it will be for an A*?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Usually around 40 for the prior exam papers so should stay around this area.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamhasana)

there was a question on plant ions ?????????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by schoolgsc)
    the six marker was about blood - you had to talk about A B and C which were red blood cells, white blood cells and platelets. you had to talk about their structure and stuff
    You mentioned plasma as well?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamhasana)

There was 2 different paper, they are really similar, only the six marker is different and the question about body temperature contol,. Everything else seems to be the same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyle03)
    You mentioned plasma as well?
    yeah and what it carried like CO2, glucose and urea. I don't know if I had to put that but I basically wrote everthing I know about the blood. I don't remember a question on plant ions though? don't know if that was just foundation? (I did higher)

ReputationRep:
    the easiest biology exam i have ever done!!!!!!
    1) osmosis, active transport
    A has gained in weight because there was a higher concentration of water(dilute) outside the bag so water entered the bag by osmosis.
    B is the one that changes the less because the concentration of sugar outside the bag(4.2) is nearly the same as the concentration of sugar inside the bad(5) so only small amount of water will enter the bag by osmosis and the net movement will then stop.

the six marker was okay I put:
    A was red blood cells, they have no nucleus and carry haemoglobin which combines with oxygen to make oxyheamogobin, they carry oxygen from the lung to the cells in the body and then oxyheamoglobin break into oxygen and heamoglobin for exchange
    B was white blood cell, produce antibodies to kill pathogens, and antitoxin to neutralise the toxin produced by harmful microorganisms
    C was platelets, they help the blood to clot at a wound to stop excessive bleeding and stop microorganism from entering.

last question on mycoprotein
    the fungus, fusarium is grown in a fermenter which is supplied with glucose syrup for food and respiration+oxygen for aerobic repirarion +nitrogen for growth and the production of amino acids
    air is filltered and sterilised so that unwanted microorganisms dot grow in the fermenter
    the fusarium is then harvested,purified and dried so that it can be used in food.

the 2 differences between the composition of blood in the vein and artery are:
    veins have deoxygenated blood whereas arteries have oxygenated blood
    veins have more carbon dioxide than arteries(because it has just come from the cell and exchanged oxygen for CO2 and are now going to the heart to go to the lungs to get rid of it in the alveoli)

i cant remember the question numbers and other questions so if u remember a question, tell me
    are u foundation???????? I had one on phloem and xylem and a decreased core temperature.... am i going crazy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Federerr)
    It was there
    I finished the paper really early and checked through it several times and I didn't see any such question either??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by babymarima)
    did you do aqa higher tier B3?
    I didnt have that... and i did higher tier B3

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=x_rizma_x;65638815]
    the easiest biology exam i have ever done!!!!!!
    1) osmosis, active transport

I thought osmosis was only the movement of water not sodium ions🤔Idk maybe im wrong but i wrote diffusion and active transport for that first question
    Osmosis is wrong it is diffusion

ReputationRep:
    same i put diffusion coz i swear osmosis is only for water

ReputationRep:
    On the B3 AQA higher paper, the six mark questions were to do with plants and body temperature. There was no six mark question on the composition of the blood.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Layla Oliveira)
    On the B3 AQA higher paper, the six mark questions were to do with plants and body temperature. There was no six mark question on the composition of the blood.
    There was, I did it .

ReputationRep:
    same i put diffusion and active transport

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by user2567)
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    your answer to first the six marker is wrong it was about ions water and sugar no the blood
    Good, I nearly **** myself thinking i left a page out

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.