Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tammypotato)
    http://www.uk-learning.net/showpost....4&postcount=69
    oh im famous! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    But it needs to be different from the main forum. Ok the Don should be scrapped, that was probably wrong. Some *****ing is bound to happen, whats to stop us subsribers bitcing on MSN?

We need a lot of perks for our £65 a year.
    I don't know :rolleyes: As I've said before lets just all play nice.

ReputationRep:
    why can ppl neg rep for txt talk and why us suscriber rep whoever we want?
    I personally don't give 2 hoots about rep whoring myself, if the gems mean that much to you then fine, I know mine were honestly earned. The problem however is that it does bother other members and therefore causes a problem. Rep was meant to be used as reward or punnishment, but it has been long abused. Really I no longer see the point in having it if it is going to be abused to this extent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kriztinae)
    oh im famous! :rolleyes:
    u wish

ReputationRep:
    The subs forum isn't going anywhere don't worry.

As posted in the subs forum: Whoring and Dons are not allowed at all, even more than before. If i see it it will be an instant neg rep.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    The subs forum isn't going anywhere don't worry.

As posted in the subs forum: Whoring and Dons are not allowed at all, even more than before. If i see it it will be an instant neg rep.
    #

If it is not going anywhere then does that mean its the end of subsribing? I assume it means closure?

ReputationRep:
    u wish
    i wanna be famous! i wanna be famous hmm

ReputationRep:
    We didn't break the rules that often though. Most the threads were nice like the Getting Back to Normal one I made public. Its funny nobody comments on that.

I reckon only 20 members were named called. One of the biggest people to be moaned about was in fact me, but I didn't start kicking up a fusss about it.
    Noones commenting on that, because thats not the problem. The problem is that you were allowed to moan about other members, when it would not have been allowed out in the main. Back to the point we are looking at solutions here, not trying to excuse what has already been done.

ReputationRep:
    #

If it is not going anywhere then does that mean its the end of subsribing? I assume it means closure?
    It means you have to follow the rules, the same as the rest of us.

ReputationRep:
    #

What? Arn't people taking this a bit seriously? 51 and the Subs are not going anywhere.

The problem seems to be the grey area of how to mod it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Infinity)
    Noones commenting on that, because thats not the problem. The problem is that you were allowed to moan about other members, when it would not have been allowed out in the main. Back to the point we are looking at solutions here, not trying to excuse what has already been done.
    So some of the *****ing was wrong, the Don was wrong. It was all a bit of fun hat went to far. Getting rid or having a go at subsribers won't solve anything. It will only make the rift get bigger.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Infinity)
    ollie has already said he is tightening control of f51, so i think that is all that needed to be done. subscribers now know they cannot get away with doing what they have in the past. as long as this promise is truly honoured by the mods i think all parties have reached an agreement amicably.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)
    What? Arn't people taking this a bit seriously? 51 and the Subs are not going anywhere.

Just treat it as a normal forum - we paid for an amusing line under our names, not special treatment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)

I admit the Don was wrong, I openly admit that, and I won't negative rep somebody with the don again. As for whoring we have somthing called MSN which may make it impossible to moderate.

The subsribers should not have to follow all the same rules because its not public there for certain legal issues may not apply. Ok *****ing about other members should perhaps be discouraged but it didn't happen as much as what some people are making out.

I think Viena mustn't have anymore access to the forum unless she pays £5 and becomes a ligimate subsriber.

ReputationRep:
    lol i thought u said ill leave so i was gona say "dont"
    bt ermm good
    hehe im still here!

ReputationRep:
    So some of the *****ing was wrong, the Don was wrong. It was all a bit of fun hat went to far. Getting rid or having a go at subsribers won't solve anything. It will only make the rift get bigger.
    Noones is saying to get rid of subscribers or F51, noone is having a go at subscribers. What we are doing is suggesting solutions to problems that have come out of it, one of those solutions is that subscribers follow the same rules as the rest of us, another is to do away with rep. Your reading to much into this.

ReputationRep:
    Why is it that us subscribers are being treated like some sort of aristocracy?

ReputationRep:
    This is giving me a headache now :P

ReputationRep:
    I admit the Don was wrong, I openly admit that, and I won't negative rep somebody with the don again. As for whoring we have somthing called MSN which may make it impossible to moderate.

The subsribers should not have to follow all the same rules because its not public there for certain legal issues may not apply. Ok *****ing about other members should perhaps be discouraged but it didn't happen as much as what some people are making out.

I think Viena mustn't have anymore access to the forum unless she pays £5 and becomes a ligimate subsriber.
    But it is public, anyone can pay to subscribe, therefore they can read what has been said about them. Of course legal issues apply there aswell, but that isn't waht this is about, this is simply about the UKL rules, and how they are administered. Just because you pay doesn't mean you should be exempt from the rules.

ReputationRep:
    This my suggestions then
    • Treat the F51 with the same rules as regards to other members
    • Don't delete spammy threads on the subsribers thread as longs as they are legal
    • Maybe delete the moaning thread and start a new one from scratch to maon about things (not members)
    • Make sure Viena dosn't have any access unless she pays

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.