Girls: Why do you wear tights in the summer?

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    For a bit of added modesty for shorter skirts or dresses, and also because my legs aren't all that nice. I have a lot of lumps and bumps and redness and discolouration on my legs, so it looks nicer to me when I'm wearing tights and you can't see that.

ReputationRep:
    I love the way they make me feel. I feel sexier and it feels better if you have super soft ones.If it's hot you can go thinner to 40 or 60. For me there is nothing sexier than a girl in tights. I think they add extra elegance and create a better silhouette with dresses or with shorts. I couldn't go bare legged- because I wouldn't be comfortable, i'd be too worried if i hadn't shaved my legs properly and I have bumps that can be hidden better with solid black ones . xDD

ReputationRep:
    I love tights and all the difference types that are available. I can't remember the last time I went out without wearing any. A major part of my wardrobe and image.

ReputationRep:
    As much as i usually insult the style of women for their choices (wearing shorts instead of skirts, wearing shorts instead of bikini bottms on the holiday/beach, wearing onsies, elasticated jeans, baggy leggins) i actually do find tight with a skirt to be quite feminine and attractive.

ReputationRep:
    Because they are just the best thing ever.

ReputationRep:
    Do you know that moment when it 's warm enough to wear a skirt or shorts but there's still that lingering cool breeze that makes you a bit uuncomfortable (especially when wearing a short skirt)?

Yeah. That's why I wear tights.
    (Plus I think they make my legs look nicer/neater).

ReputationRep:
    Never ever done this

ReputationRep:
    I feel good in Black tights and wearing tights makes me less conscious of wearing a short skirt x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Old Me)
    I feel good in Black tights and wearing tights makes me less conscious of wearing a short skirt x

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I often wear black tights because of school, but I love different colours - I used to wear red and purple when I was younger and I hated them, but I only fully appreciate them now.

ReputationRep:
    In winter I wear tights for work underneath my trousers. It's unforgiving weather here at night.

I just can't figure out whether to wear them under/over my boxers though...

ReputationRep:
    It smoothes out the lumps and bumps -- I'm pretty self-conscious about my knees as they're covered in scars so thin tights are good at hiding them.

Also, I hate wearing bare feet in shoes as I feel it's unhygienic, so tights provide an extra layer (albeit a thin one).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LancsLad)
    In winter I wear tights for work underneath my trousers. It's unforgiving weather here at night.

I just can't figure out whether to wear them under/over my boxers though...
    You wear woman's tights? That's kinky. And under boxers definitely!

ReputationRep:
    Make thighs looks less wobbly and even out skin tone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by godivaontherocks)
    [pfp]
    Great band

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lamaragymnast)
    You wear woman's tights? That's kinky. And under boxers definitely!
    Yeah I hate long johns and thermal men leggings. Tights grip better.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I hate long johns and thermal men leggings. Tights grip better.
    Don't you worry about being run over and them being found in hospital?

ReputationRep:
    Don't you worry about being run over and them being found in hospital?
    Think I'd have more things to worry about than a nurse seeing me in tights lol

ReputationRep:
    Think I'd have more things to worry about than a nurse seeing me in tights lol
    How would you explain wearing them to a potential girlfriend and how do you think one would respond?

ReputationRep:
    How would you explain wearing them to a potential girlfriend and how do you think one would respond?
    If she had a problem with it then there are many more non-wearing tights men she can find!

ReputationRep:
    there are many many reasons
    -you might not be very happy about how your legs look
    -you might have forgot to shave your legs
    -you might want to cover up more leg that your short skirt doesn't
    -you might think tights add a certain something's to your look
    -again like forgetting to shave you might think your legs are too pale and too lazy to fake tan

yep loads of reasons

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 27, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.