Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why did God allow 50 innocent people to get murdered? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mero22)
    Yeah I saw some facebook video of these 'muslims' who said good things about isis on Edgeware Road in London. Then the muslims walking past literally spat in their faces and ripped their posters .. They also swore at them. It nearly got violent. I really don't understand how these supporters don't get arrested wtf is wrong with the system.
    Too weak in my opinion, why they'd be scared of prosecuting them is beyond me, I mean look at Rotherham, instead of dealing with the rapists they let them carry on through fear of a backlash against Muslims, I mean hang on, if you let them get away with it and abuse more people, surely it would have(i think it has) the effect they were scared of rather than punishing them(which i believe would do the opposite as less victims)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Conservationofmass)
    Too weak in my opinion, why they'd be scared of prosecuting them is beyond me, I mean look at Rotherham, instead of dealing with the rapists they let them carry on through fear of a backlash against Muslims, I mean hang on, if you let them get away with it and abuse more people, surely it would have(i think it has) the effect they were scared of rather than punishing them(which i believe would do the opposite as less victims)
    All the muslims I know would be very happy to see them prosecuted. Yeah, if they let them free without any charges, they'll then grow up and have children then teach their children that rape is okay. It'll be a never ending cycle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kendrik Lamar)
    God exists, and humanity is all he cares about.
    Imagine if a wealthy man hosted a banquet at his mansion with plenty of food and drink, and with all sorts of entertainment. Then the man sent out invitations to everyone and anyone who was hungry to come feast at his party. Now, would you expect him to go and forcibly bring in hungry people into his mansion? Forgive me if I sound like I'm preaching, and please don't misunderstand me: I wouldn't be stupid enough to say the victims needed to do something to avoid their fate. All I'm saying is that you can't curse God coz of the ugliness that the devil is responsible for. Such unfortunate events cause much more pain to the guy above than to us humans.
    There is no evidence for God and the concept of the Devil was clearly invented to blame all the bad things in the world on a being other than God. In short, religionists need a scapegoat to make God not responsible for certain things even though it's claimed he's all-powerful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    There is no evidence for God and the concept of the Devil was clearly invented to blame all the bad things in the world on a being other than God. In short, religionists need a scapegoat to make God not responsible for certain things even though it's claimed he's all-powerful.
    First off, absence of proof is not proof of absence. Just because you haven't seen evidence of God doesn't mean that He doesn't exist.
    Regarding God's omnipotence, it is completely detached from human responsibility. For example, how can you reasonably say that God is responsible for the recent mass shooting? We all know the person who kept at the trigger. Where does God come in?

ReputationRep:
    First off, absence of proof is not proof of absence. Just because you haven't seen evidence of God doesn't mean that He doesn't exist.
    Look up burden of proof. Unless substantial evidence is provided there is no reason whatsoever to believe that something exists. Just like you being unable prove there isn't an invisible teapot orbiting Earth doesn't mean there actually is one.

Regarding God's omnipotence, it is completely detached from human responsibility. For example, how can you reasonably say that God is responsible for the recent mass shooting? We all know the person who kept at the trigger. Where does God come in?
    A very convenient answer to explain away all the bad things that happen. I didn't even make that argument, you were the one who brought in the Devil when there is no evidence for such a being at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Allergic2Cyanide)
    Because there is no God..? God was created as a way for people so they could understand things which didn't make sense without their mind exploding, now science has progressed there is quite frankly no need for a God. However everyone can have their own beliefs and if it makes them happy then go for it.
    Do you really think it's easier to believe God exists, than to believe He doesn't? With all the ugliness in the world, don't you think people's faith in God is tested each passing day? Don't you think it's much simpler (and hell even convenient) to believe that humans evolved from apes?
    Regardless of how you answered the rhetoricals above, the atheists are the ones who choose the easy way out. Don't even kid yourself.

ReputationRep:
    Because this is Earth not heaven. Life was not meant to be all rosy. I personally see life as a test. Earth is full of suffering whereas heaven is full of salvation and peace.

ReputationRep:
    Do you really think it's easier to believe God exists, than to believe He doesn't? With all the ugliness in the world, don't you think people's faith in God is tested each passing day? Don't you think it's much simpler (and hell even convenient) to believe that humans evolved from apes?
    Regardless of how you answered the rhetoricals above, the atheists are the ones who choose the easy way out. Don't even kid yourself.
    First off, atheism generally isn't the active belief that God doesn't exist, rather it is a lack of belief.

Second, evolution isn't really a belief, it is fact, supported by all the evidence, something which isn't available when discussing God's existence.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure we'll see religion get close to death within our lifetime

What a time to be alive

ReputationRep:
    God's supposed to be the creator of everything right? Well in reality everything's created by the interactions of the fundamental particles. So when religious people pray they're actually praying to the fundamental particles. That is to say, god's not a person. This is what god actually is:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Plus the gravitons and strings and sparticles, etc if they ever get detected.

The fundamental particles don't have thoughts or feelings or awareness or anything like that. They simply exist as they are and do what they do because that's how they are. The whole human race could go extinct and they'd still be doing their thing.

The real question here isn't "why did the fundamental particles allow this to happen," it's "why haven't we moved past this religious fanaticism yet?"

ReputationRep:
    Because God doesn't exist.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Plantagenet Crown;65798057]Look up burden of proof. Unless substantial evidence is provided there is no reason whatsoever to believe that something exists. Just like you being unable prove there isn't an invisible teapot orbiting Earth doesn't mean there actually is one.[QUOTE=Plantagenet Crown;65798057]
    This just went to a whole other level I'm not sure many would be interested engaging in. 'Burden of proof' is legal terminology. I think we can all be in agreement that matters of faith and physical evidence are so divergent to a point of almost being mutually exclusive. Asking for 'proof' in matters of religion is futile. But even many of the non-religious types agree that standards of proof in legal terms are not realistic in everyday life. So let's just keep it fair and square. Win this argument clean and let's not resort to easy-ways-out

ReputationRep:
    You're right, it is difficult to attempt to believe something that is quite obviously bullsh*t.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cremated_Spatula)
    You're right, it is difficult to attempt to believe something that is quite obviously bullsh*t.
    I'm sure to you it's b***s***. But it doesn't say much about your debating skills when you use profanity and words like 'obviously' without a demonstration of the word's fit. Obvious to who?

ReputationRep:
    Not at all. It's far easier to attribute things to a fictional character than to research why they actually happen. "God" is an escape clause. It's what religious people use to get out of situations where they have to explain things that they can't. Do you honestly think that believing in a god is easier than trying to work out how the universe works? My guess is that if you were to sit in a quantum physics lecture you'd be in the same position as the Lego guy below is.
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure to you it's b***s***. But it doesn't say much about your debating skills when you use profanity and words like 'obviously' without a demonstration of the word's fit. Obvious to who?
    Doesn't say much about your debating skills when you have to resort to belittling someone over the use of words you happen to dislike.

Isn't it obvious who it's obvious to?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    (Edit) I cba to debate in all honesty, so...

Spoiler:
    Show

Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peroxidation)
    Not at all. It's far easier to attribute things to a fictional character than to research why they actually happen. "God" is an escape clause. It's what religious people use to get out of situations where they have to explain things that they can't. Do you honestly think that believing in a god is easier than trying to work out how the universe works? My guess is that if you were to sit in a quantum physics lecture you'd be in the same position as the Lego guy below is.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    How much research is really needed to understand the theory of evolution, or whatever research you claim is so difficult to carry out as to make believing in a fictional character easier? How many hours tops? 10? 20? Let's say 5 months. So you think instead of researching for 5 months believers opt to walk around for years like zombies proclaiming their faith to a being you attach equal credence to as SpongeBob?
    Secondly, God is not used to get out of situations that can't be explained. If you think there's any life situation that I personally can't explain and would use God to get out of, then shoot!
    Regarding your Lego guy, let's just say that it doesn't help much resorting to insults. Even logically, it still doesn't fit. Are you saying all atheists know how the universe works, or is it that all who believe in God are intellectually lazy? Or both?

ReputationRep:
    Essentially, he is god therefore he does as he pleases, when he pleases. He can choose to save who he wants to save, and nobody has the right to question him. We should just be grateful that we are not his targets. Yet.

ReputationRep:
    Why does no one have the right to question him? The way you described God is as if he is discriminatory and unfair

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cremated_Spatula)
    Doesn't say much about your debating skills when you have to resort to belittling someone over the use of a words you happen to dislike.

Isn't it obvious who it's obvious to?
    I was not attacking your debating skills. I was only saying that using profanity doesn't help. Regarding the word 'obviously', it was, once again, not a personal attack. I was just pointing out that taking subjective personal opinions and stances, and generalizing them is perhaps part of what obscures the underlying points.
    Again, I apologize if I offended you

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.