Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by hezzlington)
    i'm confused - isn't the MhoC supposed to be a fun 'game' to discuss politics?
    But it also has MoNCs, and the leader of the opposition isn't the most politically astute, and much of the left aren't too good at thinking beyond the moment something comes to their mind.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by hezzlington)
    i'm confused - isn't the MhoC supposed to be a fun 'game' to discuss politics?
    Yes, it's "supposed" to be

In all seriousness, it is usually a lot better than this. Getting involved in a party is good fun and you do genuinely get some good debate at times.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If you want more legislation, how about a bill restricting VONCs? :dontknow:
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    So during exams people are expected to produce the biggest items that they are expected to produce?
    Are you even reading what I've been saying? I've said I wasn't expecting masses, but when a Government produces less than a 3 person party it makes the Government look bad.

If you need telling that people are working on things I suggest you also check that you can perform elementary arithmetic and can fix the spelling and grammar of the motion.
    I will admit that I only had a quick scan of the motion before I seconded it. Lesson learned, I won't make the mistake of expecting people to be adept at spelling and grammar again.

(Original post by Rakas21)
    If you wish to know what we are doing then why have the greens not pro-actively approached the coalition to offer collaboration and create a positive working relationship. No.. instead you've sold yourself like a common street walker to the extremist left, aiming to put into power an extremist newbie prime minister who will use your party giving little in return. For shame sir, for shame.
    Mainly because I figured I'd wait it out; personally I was going to give you a couple more weeks until QQ contacted me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by NoFunAtParties)
    As relatively new member of TSR, I'm concerned the seriousness, integrity and cohesiveness of politics here has been tainted by people being frankly petty. Can someone confirm for me that this system is a positive experience? Or is politics here just squabbling, as opposed to debate?

I really don't wish to reveal my political position at this time, I just want people from ukip to labour to cons to reveal how they find it, because by the sounds of 5 votes of no confidence in 4 terms, it doesn't sound very cohesive or constructive
    There is plenty of good debate on legislation and such.

However, some of us, myself included at times, can be a little petty. This is overboard though and it's not usually this bad.

Most of the time, there have been valid reasons for the Voncs

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    There is plenty of good debate on legislation and such.

However, some of us, myself included at times, can be a little petty. This is overboard though and it's not usually this bad.

Most of the time, there have been valid reasons for the Voncs

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks for your response. I'm glad to hear. So you enjoy being a part of the TSR politics?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Andy98)
    Are you even reading what I've been saying? I've said I wasn't expecting masses, but when a Government produces less than a 3 person party it makes the Government look bad.
    So you're saying you expect the majority of bills to be longer than SoIs?

I will admit that I only had a quick scan of the motion before I seconded it. Lesson learned, I won't make the mistake of expecting people to be adept at spelling and grammar again.
    I was more thinking along the lines that you need telling the obvious, or alternatively expect an answer other than "stuff is happening" if you asked
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    Thanks for your response. I'm glad to hear. So you enjoy being a part of the TSR politics?
    I do. I've been involved at pretty much all levels, from non-MP to now being DPM, and it's genuinely fun at all levels. You make good friends and whilst this place can be intimidating at times, I'm glad I'm part of it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I do. I've been involved at pretty much all levels, from non-MP to now being DPM, and it's genuinely fun at all levels. You make good friends and whilst this place can be intimidating at times, I'm glad I'm part of it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Congratulations on your role, clearly I'm not familiar with everyone yet! I'd like to get involved with it, so I'll read up on manifestos and whatnot. Thanks for you responses though!
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    So you're saying you expect the majority of bills to be longer than SoIs?
    Nope, I'm saying I expect there to be some..

I was more thinking along the lines that you need telling the obvious, or alternatively expect an answer other than "stuff is happening" if you asked
    Right. I just like to know where I stand.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador

Posted from TSR Mobile
    For a member who is not bothered by titles you brought up your titles unprompted after three exchanges with a new member.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    Congratulations on your role, clearly I'm not familiar with everyone yet! I'd like to get involved with it, so I'll read up on manifestos and whatnot. Thanks for you responses though!
    No worries. PM if you've got any questions and I'll do my best

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No worries. PM if you've got any questions and I'll do my best

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Cheers!
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
    For a member who is not bothered by titles you brought up your titles unprompted after three exchanges with a new member.
    I'm making it quite clear that it doesn't matter how you get involved, you can still enjoy it here. However, it's replies like this that begin to stop it being fun.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Nope, I'm saying I expect there to be some..

Right. I just like to know where I stand.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Which cokes back round to then "you expect members to produce their biggest items when they have the least time"

Rest assured, such items should be coming shortly now most of us are free from exams, final under grad piss ups, and putting once in a generation RL politics above pretend politics.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    And you forgot the Kippers given they claimed they would try to get us out ASAP.
    Well, I guess it's good we've all calmed down a bit.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Lol, accusing us of lacking in co-ordination when you haven't gotten a majority of your MPs to support a "party" bill is amusing. If it got a majority of support internally, either a magnificent job was done in persuading your MPs that moving the capital would be a silly idea, or you're not representing your own membership. If you can't even co-ordinate your MPs to represent your own membership, this argument is simply absurd.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Which cokes back round to then "you expect members to produce their biggest items when they have the least time"
    Seriously? Where are you getting this from?

Rest assured, such items should be coming shortly now most of us are free from exams, final under grad piss ups, and putting once in a generation RL politics above pretend politics.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm doing most of those things and still making time for TSR...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Seriously? Where are you getting this from?
    See the bottom quote, unlike the Greens we don't feel the need to make statements over every little thing we see in the media

I'm doing most of those things and still making time for TSR...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Which is why we have seen no output this term?

Like I've said, I'm not expecting masses; but a couple of statements here and there would not go amiss.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    See the bottom quote, unlike the Greens we don't feel the need to make statements over every little thing we see in the media

Which is why we have seen no output this term?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    We have had substantial output...

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.