Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What did you guys get for balancing the equation

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know where to find an unofficial mark scheme?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I still think the 2014 paper was way easier, and the boundary was 50 for an A*. Anyone..feel the same?

ReputationRep:
    How many marks would I get for the 6 marker?

I described the gas syringe experiment where you add oxygen from the syringe to magnesium ribbon held in a test tube. I did the empirical formula method right but made a stupid mistake where I put oxygen as 32 instead of 16 because I thought the relative atomic mass had to be the mass of O2.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keepyourapology)
    I still think the 2014 paper was way easier, and the boundary was 50 for an A*. Anyone..feel the same?
    Last year was easier, personally. It was 54 for an A*. The last six marker threw a lot of people and likely to be silly mistakes or a few mistakes made so it's likely boundaries will go down. If it was 50 then I'm happy but I think it may go down to about 51/52.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes because it's literally 0

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fez_Shabbir)
    Is a period going down or across and what do you reckon it is for a C grade?
    A period goes across and group goes down!
    And the grade boundaries might be around 30 ish for a C because it's like half marks but it depends on your CA

ReputationRep:
    Wat about the question in the periods there was 2 answers

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    For the question on the bonds of PCL3, I did the P in the middle with 3 Cl's around. However what I did in terms of sharing electrons was wrong but they all had 8 in the outer shells. How many marks will I get out of two?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Will i loose marks for not rounding

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think that this year will have low grade boundaries.

For the question about the atom stuff:
    19, 20, 19 (2)
    The protons and the neutrons are situated in the nucleus of the atom, which is in the centre, and the electrons orbit the nucleus in shells. (2)
    2.8.8.1 (2)

ReputationRep:
    Is diamond insoluble because of the strong bonds with carbon and sodium chloride soluble?? For the 6 mark question

ReputationRep:
    Yes^

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by legend.786)
    Yes^

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thankyou!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keepyourapology)
    I agree. I think the grade boundaries will be between 49-52 because of the 6 marker though I can't guarantee anything!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So far I've lost about 6 marks (3 for the 6-marker and 1-2 on calculations). I'm pretty sure I've lost more on my paper altogether!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is this paper 2CR?

ReputationRep:
    In the exam i drew the covalent bond diagram with pencil will i loose marks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Pretty sure you wont lose marks for drawing it in pencil as long as the answer is clear

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No, JCQ regulations state that you can draw diagrams in pencil.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.