Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    How did everyone find it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BW999)
    Seemed like a reasonable paper, the one about the obtuse angle was a tough one though. I couldn't answer that one.

ReputationRep:
    I spent so long on the question about the trapezium. I decided to come back to the cubic graph but ran out of time.

How did you guys find it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gregy521)
    Seemed like a reasonable paper, the one about the obtuse angle was a tough one though. I couldn't answer that one.
    You had to use the trig identity: sin^2x + cos^2x = 1. Put in the x value (or theta value) and then solve for cos, eventually ending up with the +/- square root of 5/6 and as it was an obtuse angle it had to be a negative value, ending up with -5/6. XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BW999)
    First half was great..the second half was just annoying...

🏹🍆Never under estimate the power of a common pikachu🍆🏹

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BW999)
    It was a very nice paper, apart from the cubic graph, took me twenty minutes to find out what k equalled. I got 9?

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else get k=0 on the graph one? Vast range of answers from everyone in my class, I was pretty confident with mine only to have it shattered by uncertainty

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrinceKian)
    It was a very nice paper, apart from the cubic graph, took me twenty minutes to find out what k equalled. I got 9?
    I decided to out 5 for that one..with no working out what so ever...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrinceKian)
    Yeah, I got the same. I think that's right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saihan)
    Yeah, I got the same. I think that's right.
    Ouch, I appear to have forgotten to take away the 3rd 9 so I put 0... I suppose I'll still pick up 3-4 marks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BW999)
    Did anyone else get k=0 on the graph one? Vast range of answers from everyone in my class, I was pretty confident with mine only to have it shattered by uncertainty
    I got that but i think the answer was 9.

ReputationRep:
    how did people do the last q? i used the cosine rune but then was stumped after a few more steps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Obnox)
    The answer was definitely 9. You calculate the point where it touches the X axis (And so equals zero Y) and then you work out what it is at the X value so when worked out, it was -9. As it was at 0Y, then K must be 9 to make it zero.

ReputationRep:
    My marks will be somewhere in the range of 35-43

So my A is still in sight need about 45 on the next paper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gregy521)
    The answer was definitely 9. You calculate the point where it touches the X axis (And so equals zero Y) and then you work out what it is at the X value so when worked out, it was -9. As it was at 0Y, then K must be 9 to make it zero.
    I worked out the points on the x axis but didnt have enough time to put x back into the equation, but i will get at least 3 marks for method?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Obnox)
    Glad to see someone slipped up in the same way I did, let's hope for generous method marks so we can still get 4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MadJester)
    My marks will be somewhere in the range of 35-43

So my A is still in sight need about 45 on the next paper
    I think I'll just touch 35 on this paper...I hope to do a lot better in the second paper...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Obnox)
    I worked out the points on the x axis but didnt have enough time to put x back into the equation, but i will get at least 3 marks for method?
    2 or 3 marks for getting most of the way there will easily be possible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BW999)
    Glad to see someone slipped up in the same way I did, let's hope for generous method marks so we can still get 4
    Looking back at it now the question was really simple and i could of done it straight away without have to go back to it at the end of the exam , but i think i got at least 65% which will probably be an A/A*.

Im glad i wrote down some stuff for other questions i couldnt work out like the last question and one or two others so i can get method marks.

ReputationRep:
    So you know for the matric question were we suppose to multiply the numerater and denominator of the first matric by 4 or were we suppose to multipy just the numerator by 4?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.