The Student Room Group

OCR 21st Century Science Physics P4 P5 P6 *Unofficial Mark Scheme 2016*

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Wisdom2
Mark per question, soon to be completed?

I've added the ones that I could remember definitely - if someone could help me out with the ones I can't remember that would be helpful!
(The ones I've included add up to 46, so there are 14 marks left to be placed)
Original post by TheAnonymousMan
For the second and third question I thought Weight was kg but my working out was right but obviously my answer is wrong because I used 3.2kg and turned 22N into 2.2kg. How many marks would I get?

Can you remember what exactly you did? How did you use 2.2kg in the question?
Original post by NiamhM1801
Thank you :smile:

Hm yeah, bitesize says the same thing :s-smilie:
Ah - that's sounds about right, I guess for something to interact one of them needs to be moving. I'll change it as your answer is probably better than the one I've put down. That must have been why loads of people had a problem with that question, I just assumed they had to act on the same object.

To be honest, I thought that question was quite poor since based on what we were taught, everyone would have thought it should have been an interaction pair. :smile: Just wish OCR gave clearer questions sometimes and not be too ambiguous :s-smilie:
1ai was 1 mark
1aii was 2 marks
1aiii was 2 marks
1b was 3 marks.
2ai was 1 mark.
2aii was 2 marks
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by MezmorisedPotato
To be honest, I thought that question was quite poor since based on what we were taught, everyone would have thought it should have been an interaction pair. :smile: Just wish OCR gave clearer questions sometimes and not be too ambiguous :s-smilie:

I found out why and have changed the OP
It was because the weight of the lorry was caused by the Earth's gravity, not by the road.

I agree with the need for clearer questions!

1ai was 1 mark
1aii was 2 marks
1aiii was 2 marks
1b was 3 marks.
2ai was 1 mark.
2aii was 2 marks

Thank you - will add these in! :smile:
For the transformer question, I approached it in a different order.
I said there is an alternating current inthe primary coil so the magnetic field is constantly changing. This changing magnetic field induces an alternating voltage in the secondary coil. The number of turns on the secondary coil determines whether the voltage induced is higher or lower than the voltage across the primary coil.
I used as an answer based of the revision guide. Would this pick up marks too?
For the transformer question, I approached it in a different order.
I said there is an alternating current inthe primary coil so the magnetic field is constantly changing. This changing magnetic field induces an alternating voltage in the secondary coil. The number of turns on the secondary coil determines whether the voltage induced is higher or lower than the voltage across the primary coil.
I used as an answer based of the revision guide. Would this pick up marks too?

If it's based on the revision guide you should do. I took this answer straight from someone else as I got it wrong (think I only got 1 mark for it)
Total marks is now 57...how many marks for 2 (d) and which one needs altering?
I've added the ones that I could remember definitely - if someone could help me out with the ones I can't remember that would be helpful!
(The ones I've included add up to 46, so there are 14 marks left to be placed)

Thanks a ton!

2d was 2 marks
Reply 110

In fairly sure 2d was 2 marks
2d was 2 marks

Original post by Ben.M
In fairly sure 2d was 2 marks

Thank you guys - the total of 60 marks has been reached! :biggrin: (I think)
I think you could get 1 mark, as the half life is roughly one hour.
However source B was alpha radiation, which as in the picture you've attached, shouldn't be used for tracers.

Oh, thanks for clearing that up! My justification was that alpha radiation would stay inside the body (until it leaves the digestive track) and its half life of just under an hour.

Are you doing B&P7 this year? I would happily collaborate to make a mark scheme for those!
Original post by thomas-cowley
Oh, thanks for clearing that up! My justification was that alpha radiation would stay inside the body (until it leaves the digestive track) and its half life of just under an hour.

Are you doing B&P7 this year? I would happily collaborate to make a mark scheme for those!

Don't worry about it :smile:, and yeah that would kind of make sense, but it would stay in the body too long.

And yes I am! That's would be very helpful, thank you :smile:
Original post by TheAnonymousMan
I converted 22N into 2.2kg

And used that in the 1/2mv²? I did a similar sort of thing.
I think as long as all your working is right and it's just the numbers you used incorrectly, you should get either one or two marks out of the three. :smile:
What marks is everyone out of 60 hoping for this paper?
Also for the question about why alpha wasn't detected, it was only 1 mark. However the energy calculation was 2 marks.
Also for the question about why alpha wasn't detected, it was only 1 mark. However the energy calculation was 2 marks.

Right thank you, I thought that 1 mark was a bit small for the calculation!
Thank you :smile:

Hm yeah, bitesize says the same thing :s-smilie:
Ah - that's sounds about right, I guess for something to interact one of them needs to be moving. I'll change it as your answer is probably better than the one I've put down. That must have been why loads of people had a problem with that question, I just assumed they had to act on the same object.

I and most of my friends agreed with your original answer. The question asked why is he wrong, and most of us said he didn't mention the fact that interaction pairs act on different objects. There isn't any need for movement for something to interact either:smile:
Original post by kennethdcharles
I and most of my friends agreed with your original answer. The question asked why is he wrong, and most of us said he didn't mention the fact that interaction pairs act on different objects. There isn't any need for movement for something to interact either:smile:

The question asked why isn't the two forces an interaction pair. And the original statement said interaction pairs like don't act on different objects hence why I thought the answer would have been different :smile: So just restating what an interaction pair isn't won't gain marks alone.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending