Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

Ask the Speaker II Watch

• Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quamquam123)
    Guest editos could work well. I'm happy to do a month if you want but I thought there were quite a few people that wanted to be editor as well.
    But no one has done anything suggesting that the demand isn't there.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Guest editos could work well. I'm happy to do a month if you want but I thought there were quite a few people that wanted to be editor as well.
    I imagine there are people who might like to do one edition but probably don't want the commitment of monthly editions, so I'm hoping that guest editing will open the door to those people.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    But no one has done anything suggesting that the demand isn't there.
    I think the demand is there but not many member were interested in writing articles, it was the usual MHoC response of wanting to read article, and wanting to debate bill but not use energy to create content.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
    I think the demand is there but not many member were interested in writing articles, it was the usual MHoC response of wanting to read article, and wanting to debate bill but not use energy to create content.
    I think you're right. I think it would be quite nice if a different party leader or deputy leader could create an article for each edition.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I think you're right. I think it would be quite nice if a different party leader or deputy leader could create an article for each edition.
    Or interviews, which seem to have died out as a means of filling Ad HoC.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    Or interviews, which seem to have died out as a means of filling Ad HoC.
    Ray actually interviewed me recently for an article. Perhaps that can be included in one of the next publications?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    So what happens now? Can't we have some kind of election? At least it would create another source of debate.
    I oppose such an election. It's clear that the only person willing to commit in any form at all was Niige.

There's no point in an election if nobody has the initiative to simply make an edition.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    I oppose such an election. It's clear that the only person willing to commit in any form at all was Niige.

There's no point in an election if nobody has the initiative to simply make an edition.
    Perhaps. I think monthly editors is the way to go. That way we can have a refreshing mix of serious publications and satirical publications.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps. I think monthly editors is the way to go. That way we can have a refreshing mix of serious publications and satirical publications.
    In which case make your monthly edition, there's still no reason to require permission from an electorate of any kind.

ReputationRep:
    There are excellent article writers like me! I wrote four articles in the spectacular newspaper that Nigel published.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    In which case make your monthly edition, there's still no reason to require permission from an electorate of any kind.
    I would prefer it if Saracen's Fez could compile a list of who will produce a publication in what month first.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I would prefer it if Saracen's Fez could compile a list of who will produce a publication in what month first.
    Nobody can be relied upon, we saw that last month.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    That requires people to volunteer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unown Uzer)
    There are excellent article writers like me! I wrote four articles in the spectacular newspaper that Nigel published.
    These overstatements haven't been funny for a few months now…

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Life_peer)
    These overstatements haven't been funny for a few months now…
    Is it just that you are unhappy about the free press revealing the truth about your government?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    That requires people to volunteer.
    I'll volunteer for one of the months.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I'll volunteer for one of the months.
    July or August?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unown Uzer)
    Is it just that you are unhappy about the free press revealing the truth about your government?
    Can't know—didn't read it.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    July or August?
    I'd prefer August.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I'd prefer August.
    August is yours then.

Poll
Is GoT overrated?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.