Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Muslim group urges members to break fast and donate blood after Orlando shootings Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scythia)
    Nope. I can only say it's something to do with prayer because you quoted from the book of Salah.
    Why can't you explain it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dairychocolate)
    Why can't you explain it?
    Because I don't know. I only know the obvious (that it's most likely something to do with salah because it's in the book of salah).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    One of my Ahmadi friends was telling me when her parents lived in Pakistan they had to move out a few times because they got so much hate for being Ahmadis. Apparently the Pakistani Constitution saying they aren't Muslims. :/
    The sad irony of that is that Ahmadis were one of the main groups really behind Jinnah and supporting the creation of Pakistan. And now look at what happens to them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    One of my Ahmadi friends was telling me when her parents lived in Pakistan they had to move out a few times because they got so much hate for being Ahmadis. Apparently the Pakistani Constitution saying they aren't Muslims. :/
    Such ignorance is truly disturbing. It's also interesting to note how members of "one sect" are often the ones who do this, where as the smaller sects (Ahmaddiyah, Shia, Ismaelli etc) all are the victims.

Although that is unacceptable, for years, the latter sects (mostly shia I believe) were persecuted and killed, rather than just being discriminated against.

This has to stop.

ReputationRep:
    Nope. I can only say it's something to do with prayer because you quoted from the book of Salah.
    Then how on earth can you still say its the wrong bloody "context" !!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by popo111)
    Then how on earth can you still say its the wrong bloody "context" !!!
    Are you OK?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mrs.Grey)
    Ahmaddiyas are not Muslims so they can go sod themselves. Like you believe in a guy called Ahmed not Muhammed so how are you Muslim? You aren't. Zero. Zilch. Nada.
    They are Muslims, be definition, because they claim to be, which gives them exactly as much credibility as any other religion.
    All religion is is conjecture. *Shrug*
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    Ahmaddiyas are not Muslims so they can go sod themselves. Like you believe in a guy called Ahmed not Muhammed so how are you Muslim? You aren't. Zero. Zilch. Nada.
    Alright love, calm down.
    Sounding a bit judgemental over there. And who are you to tell if someone is Muslim or not Muslim? Your Allah says don't judge anyone right!? :ahee:
    Telling Muslims to break their fast is good?
    To donate blood and help save lives? Yes.
    Unless breaking your fast makes your Allah upset :emo: Hope he can understand :emo:

ReputationRep:
    This isn't a Qur'an verse for a start.

You are misusing a hadith for your own purposes. I think Epicureans the one who commonly misuses this one. And it's fairly sad (and desperate).

In any case, all anyone has to do is point out a difference in their prayer (which a lot of Muslims will have no trouble in doing) and they can label them non-Muslims technically :teehee: If you want to misuse a quote, remember others can too. Like I just did.
    Even Sunnis can't agree on all aspects of prayer, and differences exist between the different Madhhabs. The Hanafis don't raise their hands where Muslims in other Madhhabs would. If you are a Hanafi (I have no idea what Madhhab you may follow) are you going to takfir all other Madhhabs? How many Muslims do you want to takfir over these differences in prayer?

ReputationRep:
    Are you OK?
    First you accuse others of misusing your hadith, but now you reveal you don't know what the context is...

And no, I'm not ok seeing some of the disgusting views against my fellow muslims

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Epicurean)
    Even Sunnis can't agree on all aspects of prayer, and differences exist between the different Madhhabs. The Hanafis don't raise their hands where Muslims in other Madhhabs would. If you are a Hanafi (I have no idea what Madhhab you may follow) are you going to takfir all other Madhhabs? How many Muslims do you want to takfir over these differences in prayer?
    You're proving my point. I can still misuse that one hadith on it's own (like you have) and aslong as the ahmadiyya pray slightly differently. They're open to takfir because hadith won't apply to them.

This is what happens when people are too eager to back a certain viewpoint and they have to resort to desperateness.

ReputationRep:
    First you accuse others of misusing your hadith, but now you reveal you don't know what the context is...

And no, I'm not ok seeing some of the disgusting views against my fellow muslims
    I've shown how it's being misused by using a Qur'an verse (which would in effective make their interpretation null and void). I don't need context for that. I just need to prove how their non-Muslim interpretation is wrong.

I'll ask you the question. Lets say I prayed (exactly like you even ). I prayed facing Makkah. I also ate halal. But. But I cursed Ali (ra) day in day out, I cursed the Prophet (pbuh) day in day out etc... Would I be a Muslim? Yes/no?

In the short term. Snuggling up with them may seem good as you too are a minority compared to sunnis but in the long term, this'll look bad on you because they are not Muslims

ReputationRep:
    Such ignorance is truly disturbing. It's also interesting to note how members of "one sect" are often the ones who do this, where as the smaller sects (Ahmaddiyah, Shia, Ismaelli etc) all are the victims.

Although that is unacceptable, for years, the latter sects (mostly shia I believe) were persecuted and killed, rather than just being discriminated against.

This has to stop.
    In a perfect world it would stop but it won't happen.

(Original post by serah.exe)
    Alright love, calm down.
    Sounding a bit judgemental over there. And who are you to tell if someone is Muslim or not Muslim? Your Allah says don't judge anyone right!? :ahee:

To donate blood and help save lives? Yes.
    Unless breaking your fast makes your Allah upset :emo: Hope he can understand :emo:
    Couldn't rep this more bebs :*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IndianMuslim)
    The sad irony of that is that Ahmadis were one of the main groups really behind Jinnah and supporting the creation of Pakistan. And now look at what happens to them
    It is so so sad. They're so peaceful as well. I had Ahmadi neighbours growing up and they were honestly so nice.

ReputationRep:
    I've shown how it's being misused by using a Qur'an verse (which would in effective make their interpretation null and void). I don't need context for that. I just need to prove how their non-Muslim interpretation is wrong.

In the short term. Snuggling up with them may seem good as you too are a minority compared to sunnis but in the long term, this'll look bad on you because they are not Muslims
    Ah yes, the "we are majority thus we are right" argument, right ok, so when you becoming Christian?

Just because you follow certain "scholars", and pray a certain way with your hands, and stuff like that doesn't mean you "saved". Could you imagine, if God forgave an Ahmadiyyah and allowed him to be successful on Judgement day, but not you.

Oh the irony

ReputationRep:
    Guys please stop arguing over different sects within Islam. We don't have any right to comment on such things. We are not scholars or people of knowledge. Allah is the best judge. These are our brothers and sisters, discuss what is common between us rather than debating over differences. Allah will hold us accountable on the day Qiyamah for anything we say without having the authority. To call another Muslim a Kaafir is one the deadliest sins in the sight of Allah. Let us be united between ourselves. Let others practice their beliefs in peace like our beloved prophet (peace be upon him) made a treaty on the basis of peace in madinah with the Jews. They were Jews and we are Muslims, we are one nation. Let us be united and protect our brothers and sisters rather than humiliate them. It's Ramadhan, if we are not going to be good during this month then when?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It isn't your opinion.The ahadmiyya are not Muslim. It is fact.

The deobandi scholars call them non-Muslims, the salafis do the same, the barevlis do the same. etc...etc...

Don't let these ignorant people persuade you into thinking you're wrong because you're not. Every legimate scholar would back you here, whereas they'd probably facepalm at the other person.
    >deobandi
    >salafi

deobandism and salafism are effectively just branches of wahhabism.
    wahhabism is notorious for killing other muslims.

literally, that's how wahhabism spread; they literally slaughtered hundreds of thousands of muslims (400,000 in the second wahhabi-saudi jihad).

i mean just look at what they did to the shia:
    In 1801 and 1802, the Saudi Wahhabis under Abdul Aziz ibn Muhammad ibn Saud attacked and captured the holy Shia cities of Karbala and Najaf in Iraq and destroyed the tombs of Husayn ibn Ali who is the grandson of Muhammad, and Ali (Ali bin Abu Talib), the son-in-law of Muhammad (see: Saudi sponsorship mentioned previously). In 1803 and 1804 the Saudis captured Mecca and Madinah and demolished various tombs of Ahl al-Bayt and Sahabah, ancient monuments, ruins according to Wahhabis, they "removed a number of what were seen as sources or possible gateways to polytheism or shirk" - such as the tomb of Fatimah, the daughter of Muhammad. In 1998 the Saudis bulldozed and poured gasoline over the grave of Aminah bint Wahb, the mother of Muhammad, causing resentment throughout the Muslim World.

deobandism is the main source of shia genocide in India and Pakistan, you do realise this right?

it also literally just made **** up.
    its main contention is that ziyara (visiting tombs of Muhammad, his family members, descendants, companions, or Sufi saints) and tawassul (intercession), violate tauhid al-'ibada (directing all worship to God alone).
    this has no basis in tradition, in consensus or in hadith.

like, you do realize al-Wahhab's brother AND father both called him a liar and denounced his teachings?

you legitimately have to be crazy to claim wahhabism is even vaguely islamic; they killed the turks and persians but sided with the americans and british lmfaoooo. they are purely a political movement used by the house of Saud to justify their abhorrent crimes by claiming the muslims which they killed to be polytheistic blasphemous apostates.

like if you wanna say ahmadiyyas aren't muslims well then alright you can argue that point but don't use deobandi and salafi scholars to justify it because they are a sect that has literally committed genocide against other muslims.“O People! It is not permitted to kill the Muslims. Similarly to appropriate their property is not allowed. So do not be unjust upon yourselves and do not revert to disbelief after my death.”

ReputationRep:

I'll ask you the question. Lets say I prayed (exactly like you even ). I prayed facing Makkah. I also ate halal. But. But I cursed Ali (ra) day in day out, I cursed the Prophet (pbuh) day in day out etc... Would I be a Muslim? Yes/no?

I don't think you understand this very simple principle, no-one on this Earth has the right to judge anyone, especially on their spiritually...

But of course, you and people of your opinion are but angels flying about...

ReputationRep:
    Ah yes, the "we are majority thus we are right" argument, right ok, so when you becoming Christian?

Just because you follow certain "scholars", and pray a certain way with your hands, and stuff like that doesn't mean you "saved". Could you imagine, if God forgave an Ahmadiyyah and allowed him to be successful on Judgement day, but not you.

Oh the irony
    No I don't I said that. I just implied that it was bad for you to team up with someone else just because they also a minority.

If they died as a ahmadiya who is well aware of their own beliefs and then the beliefs of Islam. They've died a non-Muslim. Their fate in that regard is as any other normal non-muslim who rejects Islam.

Can I answer my edit in my last post? I think you might've missed it accidentally.

Telling Muslims to break their fast is good?
    yes

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 20, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.