Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What is something that you will never ever reveal to your parents? watch

Announcements

(Original post by Philbert)
    Just how bad my depression got at my lowest point. They knew I was unhappy, and they were very supportive, but it would really upset them if they knew I felt hopeless and even suicial for a while. Now I'm just dealing with Generalised Anxiety and, like with the depression, I'm not sure they'd really understand and for now I think it would be better not to tell them.

I've never discussed my sexuality with them, and unless I end up dating a woman/NB person, probably won't.

I'll also never tell them that I completely and utterly hate the name they gave me, unless I do decide to change it after all.
    Is your name Phil? That isn't so bad.
    My name doesn't really sound like a grown-up's name really, so I'm beginning to hate mine.

"I don't believe in this religion."

If I tell them-
    -shame on the family
    -hurt everyone I love
    -be alone,
    -put myself first in front of my family
    -become a traitor to the communtiy

If I don't, only I suffer pretending to be someone I'm not

That I masturbate and have sent nudes.

ReputationRep:
    So many things. My parents seem to think I'm this innocent little boy when it comes to the opposite sex. I'm 18 ffs! There are some things I think they're acutely aware of too but but can't confirm. They're so dumb

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.