Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Britain is better than the rest of the EU put together. Vote leave. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesN88)
    Let's all just take a step back and remember the original post.

Brexiter or Remainer, I don't think anyone with any shred of intelligence is basing their vote on the French sounding like horses or Britain having good roads(they're a bag of **** and the French roads are a lot better ironically).
    Anyway who gives a toss about roads. The way you worded this was just funny.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0to100)
    Leave = You better believe.
    Remain = Your sane (as in conscious).

Idk just made it up while I was watching the debate yesterday evening LMAO

ReputationRep:
    I'm talking about migration, not immigration, darling. If there's no difference at all someone notify me now.

That being said, damn the reports!? I know people really need work, and they will take what they can get. I am trying to differentiate between wanting and needing/taking. Of course no one WANTS to do manual labour. But you can't POSSIBLY say or think no one will TAKE the opportunity...

Moving on, yes if they were regulated. And again like I said nowt is being regulated because of the current administration... Cameron is saying or so I believe it's been said he's saying he will resign if we Leave. If we Remain the situation will continue, but he doesn't give a toss about the situation, just as long as he continues. He's apart of this so my opinion of him will reek in this kinda discussion. Again they pay under the minimum wage because the foreigners (not citizens) do not have the right to demand certain pay. It's mean to say the least of the employer, but whatever. As far as Brits being paid less, that's because of the population. Population and pay go hand in hand more often than not. The money has to be fractioned with who is around. Like for example seclusive communities that fend for themselves share with each other and that's why they're wealthy, ie: certain American Indian tribes and the Jewish community many times. The issue again is back to Cameron as far as the general population being underpaid. It's cowardly politicians enabling this. Not solely the unethicality of employers. Anyway the issue is the migrants. They rarely become immigrants. They rarely stay and get citizenship. But they take more than citizens and give much less. Come on.
    Migrant: A person who moves from one place to another to find work or better living conditions.
    Immigrant: A person that continues to live permanently in a foreign country.

I fail to see the relevance of this arbitrary distinction. We are discussing those who are coming to work in the UK.

Your anecdotal evidence is irrelevant to me. My opinion is shaped and will continue to be shaped by collective evidence from various reports; articles; discussions; and documentaries. No offence meant, but the experience of a random person on the Internet does not negate any academic findings. If these people would be happy to do this work, then why aren't they?

Your last point is largely incoherent. Cameron has been in office since 2010. These issues far exceed Cameron's time in office and it is wrong to use him as a total scapegoat. Of course, the fact that he has failed to change things is troubling, but he is not singly guilty. Brits are not being paid less. Unemployment is extremely low (5%) and the living wage will be instigated in 2020. Wages are increasing; your point is vapid.

My geography revision notes: *from two years ago, nevertheless totally relevant*
    • In 2004, previously Communist countries in Eastern Europe such as Poland and Estonia joined the EU
    • At the time, Poland’s unemployment rate was 19%, in comparison to 5% in the UK
    • Youth unemployment rate was 40% and so employment in the UK, even in low-skilled, low-paid jobs was an attractive option
    • 2001: 58,000 Poles in UK; 2011: 558,000
    • Has spurred a political debate in the UK: Eastern European workers replacing local workers as are more willing to be paid less, thus driving wages down?
    • Between 2001 and 2011, European Economic Area (EEA) immigrants contributed 34% more to the fiscal system than they took out, equivalent to a net contribution of around 22 billion GBP. Furthermore, recent immigrants are 45% less likely to claim benefits or tax credits than the UK’s native population.
    • They have endowed the country with productive human capital that would have cost the UK £6.8bn in spending on education.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drogon)
    Germany alone is bigger and better than Britain. Idiot.
    Oh really? Is that the reason why car companies like VW, BMW and Mercedes would still trade with the UK even if it is no longer a part of the EU?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IFoundWonderland)
    Migrant: A person who moves from one place to another to find work or better living conditions.

I fail to see the relevance of this arbitrary distinction. We are discussing those who are coming to work in the UK.

Your anecdotal evidence is irrelevant to me. My opinion is shaped and will continue to be shaped by collective evidence from various reports; articles; discussions; and documentaries. No offence meant, but the experience of a random person on the Internet does not negate any academic findings. If these people would be happy to do this work, then why aren't they?

Your last point is largely incoherent. Cameron has been in office since 2010. These issues far exceed Cameron's time in office and it is wrong to use him as a total scapegoat. Of course, the fact that he has failed to change things is troubling, but he is not singly guilty. Brits are not being paid less. Unemployment is extremely low (5%) and the living wage will be instigated in 2020. Wages are increasing; your point is vapid.

My geography revision notes:
    • In 2004, previously Communist countries in Eastern Europe such as Poland and Estonia joined the EU
    • At the time, Poland’s unemployment rate was 19%, in comparison to 5% in the UK
    • Youth unemployment rate was 40% and so employment in the UK, even in low-skilled, low-paid jobs was an attractive option
    • Has spurred a political debate in the UK: Eastern European workers replacing local workers as are more willing to be paid less, thus driving wages down?
    • Between 2001 and 2011, European Economic Area (EEA) immigrants contributed 34% more to the fiscal system than they took out, equivalent to a net contribution of around 22 billion GBP. Furthermore, recent immigrants are 45% less likely to claim benefits or tax credits than the UK’s native population.
    • They have endowed the country with productive human capital that would have cost the UK £6.8bn in spending on education.
    Excellent geo notes, that's the precise reason why it's better to LEAVE the EU. The EEA is far more useful to the UK economically when compared to the EU.

ReputationRep:
    Agreed.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I implied that at all?

He said the USA was not part of a trading bloc; I said it is part of two.

Because reports and interviews have been completed that have found British people do not want these jobs; hence businesses needing to advertise jobs abroad. If British people would appreciate it, they would be working in these places. The truth is that they do not. Access to benefits somewhat prompts this.'Millions' is something of a hyperbole. Considering that there are 64 million people living in Britain (including migrants) and unemployment is 5%, there are 3.2 million unemployed, including migrants.

If employers were better regulated, there would be less of an issue. If employers didn't pay under the minimum wage, this issue would not be so relevant. Even if immigration were better regulated, if employers are not better regulated, this issue would still exist.
    If I remember correctly you said Britain seems to be moving away from the idea of trade blocs. (I didn't interpret it as an off-hand comment, but perhaps I should have.)

In regards to your rate of / number for unemployment, have you considered OAPs and those not old enough to work?
    (Not that I'd have the time or devotion or sth to do that / find that.)(Also other possible groups, like certain disabilities and people in medical care, if they're not included in unemployed.)

(Original post by Plagioclase)
    Am I right in guessing that you're not old enough to vote yet?
    Harsh.

ReputationRep:

My geography revision notes:
    Lmao the difference is that between migrant and immigrant is important because I'm only discussing one. So keep up.

As you said...migrants don't stay...immigrants do. How can you not understand the current events of this issue...?

The whole migrants thing seems to be flying over your head....If I have to repeat myself again and spoon feed this you one more time I'm gonna blow my ****ing head off.

Also aww cute, geo revision notes lol

"anecdotal?" What's anecdotal in my post?...do you know what that means? :erm:

And er....I smell an underaged pseudo-intellectual...kind of an anti climax....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scopeowner)
    Excellent geo notes, that's the precise reason why it's better to LEAVE the EU. The EEA is far more useful to the UK economically when compared to the EU.
    :toofunny:

Scopeowner imagine being at a business conference or a UN meeting and being asked, "What do you think about poverty and AIDS in Africa? Is it genocide or the collapse of poor infrastructure?" And she says, "hold on" -puts finger up- "let me just pull out my geo revision notes' -reveals Scooby Doo notepad and a sparkly pen with a pink feather-

ReputationRep:
    Lmao the difference is that between migrant and immigrant is important because I'm only discussing one. So keep up.

As you said...migrants don't stay...immigrants do. How can you not understand the current events of this issue...?

The whole migrants thing seems to be flying over your head....If I have to repeat myself again and spoon feed this you one more time I'm gonna blow my ****ing head off.

Also aww cute, geo revision notes lol

"anecdotal?" What's anecdotal in my post?...do you know what that means? :erm:

And er....I smell an underaged pseudo-intellectual...kind of an anti climax....
    You didn't address a single one of my points. You've totally evaded my points throughout and I can't see how I could be any more concise.

Geo notes cited as revision because I can't remember the exact website I found them on, in case you asked me to source them. They're from two years ago.

Your conviction that British people would do these jobs stems from your own experience. You said you know many people who would take these jobs. Personal accounts are classed as anecdotal evidence.

I am not underaged. Even if I were, it would be totally irrelevant. Why are you addressing my age instead of the information I've presented you with?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XcitingStuart)
    If I remember correctly you said Britain seems to be moving away from the idea of trade blocs. (I didn't interpret it as an off-hand comment, but perhaps I should have.)

In regards to your rate of / number for unemployment, have you considered OAPs and those not old enough to work?
    (Not that I'd have the time or devotion or sth to do that / find that.)(Also other possible groups, like certain disabilities and people in medical care, if they're not included in unemployed.)

Harsh.

I criticsed the fact that whilst the rest of the world is seeking security and opportunity in trading blocs, a Brexit would result in leaving a trading bloc.

I just googled population numbers and unemployment rates. I'm not sure how I would find distinct figures, but I'll see if I can.

ReputationRep:
    Still haven't heard much from mr. gobby badman JoePFR

ReputationRep:
    You didn't address a single one of my points. You've totally evaded my points throughout and I can't see how I could be any more concise.

Geo notes cited as revision because I can't remember the exact website I found them on, in case you asked me to source them. They're from two years ago.

Your conviction that British people would do these jobs stems from your own experience. You said you know many people who would take these jobs. Personal accounts are classed as anecdotal evidence.

I am not underaged. Even if I were, it would be totally irrelevant. Why are you addressing my age instead of the information I've presented you with?
    I did address it. But the "information" is ridiculous and so is your premise. I can't continue a discussion with you until I am sure you have basic comprehension skills to understand the conversation, geo notes or not lol

ReputationRep:
    I did address it. But the "information" is ridiculous and so is your premise. I can't continue a discussion with you until I am sure you have basic comprehension skills to understand the conversation, geo notes or not lol
    coming from the Brexiter :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    :toofunny:

Scopeowner imagine being at a business conference or a UN meeting and being asked, "What do you think about poverty and AIDS in Africa? Is it genocide or the collapse of poor infrastructure?" And she says, "hold on" -puts finger up- "let me just pull out my geo revision notes' -reveals Scooby Doo notepad and a sparkly pen with a pink feather-
    It's funny how you mention 'AIDs in Africa and poverty', the real reason why Africa is full of poverty is due to past invasions from Europeans including the slave trade and colonisation. Any sort of medical support or care that is being provided to Africa is something that Europeans owe them.

Anyways, back to your reply. Yes, it's sounds really funny 'geo revision notes' but those are based on actual facts. The EEA is a better option (economically) for the UK compared to the EU, if not, then care to explain why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alevelstresss)
    Hey I really like your username on here ; it made me chuckle

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alevelstresss)
    Hold on, gotta add special needs trollto my ignore list, brb!

(Original post by Scopeowner)
    It's funny how you mention 'AIDs in Africa and poverty', the real reason why Africa is full of poverty is due to past invasions from Europeans. Any sort of medical help or care that is being provided to Africa is something that Europeans owe them.

Anyways, back to your reply. Yes, it's sounds really funny 'geo revision notes' but those are based on actual facts. The EEA is a better option (economically) for the UK compared to the EU, if not, then care to explain why?
    Looks like today is Anti-Sense of Humour Day. :erm:

And yes the facts again I was agreeing with you....all of my posts says I'm a leaver against EU....so don't ask me to explain why as if I said something different.

ReputationRep:
    No you haven't. The information is fact and you haven't addressed it, merely throwing around anecdotal incoherent words and strange things about American-Indians, which is hardly relevant.

Maybe if you were better able to structure your sentences, I'd be able to understand them I mean, one thing is providing you with evidence that totally contradicts your point and another is having to translate an unknown foreign language.

- Lmao the difference is that between migrant and immigrant is important because I'm only discussing one.
    - He's apart of this so my opinion of him will reek in this kinda discussion. Again they pay under the minimum wage because the foreigners (not citizens) do not have the right to demand certain pay. It's mean to say the least of the employer, but whatever. As far as Brits being paid less, that's because of the population. Population and pay go hand in hand more often than not. The money has to be fractioned with who is around. Like for example seclusive communities that fend for themselves share with each other and that's why they're wealthy, ie: certain American Indian tribes and the Jewish community many times. The issue again is back to Cameron as far as the general population being underpaid. It's cowardly politicians enabling this. Not solely the unethicality of employers.

Read: incoherent waffling.

ReputationRep:
    The worse the better.

It means less ***** in cars to knock me off my pushbike.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesN88)
    The worse the better.

It means less ***** in cars to knock me off my pushbike.
    It's not like we're India...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.