Bring your own Black Pen to vote! Vote Leave

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheLittlestElf)
    Take this thirst to PM's please.
    hop off u tiny hater, nowt wrong with speaking to someone...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawtyb)
    haha!!
    im 23 now
    talk in PM ?
    If you want yea I honestly weren't trying to flirt, just making conversation lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawtyb)
    nothing explicit was mentioned
    i could change that....
    >
    No thank you I just ate. :naughty:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0to100)
    hop off u tiny hater, nowt wrong with speaking to someone...

ReputationRep:
    If you want yea I honestly weren't trying to flirt, just making conversation lol
    either way its just a convo

No thank you I just ate. :naughty:
    not got a strong stomach? haha

ReputationRep:
    i could do with some of that now!!
    the sprite looks nice too

ReputationRep:
    By having the balls to talk to someone attractive of the opposite sex? How about you stop paying attention to me and learn how to hold a good conversation.

ReputationRep:
    After this **** show, I'm left with nothing but contempt for anyone who feels the need to tell other people how to vote. Not that it ****ing matters as I'm not 18 for 2 weeks so this referendum won't affect my future at all but It makes all the difference to my mate who turned 18 yesterday.

ReputationRep:
    By having the balls to talk to someone attractive of the opposite sex? How about you stop paying attention to me and learn how to hold a good conversation.
    Have the chat over PM then you nonce. This thread isn't for you to to chat it up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xyz9856)
    Have you ever heard of the infamous Twain quote: "there are lies, damn lies and statistics"? As far as I can see, there is no information that I can trust. It is easy to manipulate a statistical model to present information in a certain manner.
    You mean the Disraeli quote which Twain quoted.

Not to appear rude, just so you know in future as it really is a good quote

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by illegaltobepoor)
    Actually it was the fault of the EU because the EU control the ECB who printed the money for Greece to loan ........

You know nothing.
    Thats like blaming Greggs for making people fat. The Greeks did not have to borrow the money, the other EU countries did not borrow as much as the Greeks and now can't repay it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naveed-7)
    I will OP. Black pen.

20 reasons Why We Should Vote Leave:
    Wow, so everytime someone dismantles your silly arguments you cry and resort to silly videos.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drogon)
    Wow, so everytime someone dismantles your silly arguments you cry and resort to silly videos.
    You are very rude. Im not crying and it is not a silly video. You are disrespectful.
    Go and learn some manners. You are a very bad example of a Remain supporter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naveed-7)
    You are very rude. Im not crying and it is not a silly video. You are disrespectful.
    Go and learn some manners. You are a very bad example of a Remain supporter.
    lol shut up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    Apparently that was the original referendum question, but they changed it at the last minute.
    Hahahhahajahaaha. Happy happy joyjoy happy happy joyjoy!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincessZara)
    1. We’re much better off in the EU - Yes, it’s the government’s own Department for Business, Innovation and Skills which puts the overall gain to Britain at six per cent of our gross domestic product.This is at the extremes of the guesses in this continent-sized guessing game, though – some think-tanks think the EU costs Britain about the same amount.

2. We get to trade stuff with lots of Europeans - Trade stops wars. It also makes us a lot richer – and 50 per cent of all our trade is with the EU.All those goods and services slushing around the continent have brought prosperity to a continent which, let’s face it, has had a pretty ropy history.The process isn’t even complete, either – it’s hoped that finishing off the job of creating a truly single market could boost GDP by yet another seven per cent. According to the British government, of course.

3. There’s a chance your job could depend on the EU - OK, all the percentage points above might seem a little obscure. In fact they translate to something everyone can understand – jobs.There are an estimated 3.5 million jobs in Britain which are linked, one way or another, to the UK’s trade with the rest of Europe.Manufacturing would be hit especially hard. If Britain left the EU, the foreign companies which own most of Britain’s car factories, for example, would shift their business overnight.

4. Immigration isn’t all one-way - The free movement of people within the EU – and the huge immigration to Britain that results – is at the heart of the EU debate.But your attitude to the issue might be influenced by where you live. In Rhondda in Wales, just 0.6 per cent of the population are arrivals from the EU. At the other extreme, in Tottenham in London, 17 per cent are EU immigrants. The strain on local public services is bound to be felt more there.Plus, there’s a flipside to the immigration debate which doesn’t get talked about much: the 1.4 million Brits currently living in the EU who would be forced to return to their homeland if we left the EU.A sudden influx of returning Brits would pose, at least in the short-term, just as big a challenge to local councils.

5. Leaving Britain would be catastrophic for wine-drinkers - Here’s the real killer, though. At least in the short-term, the cost of a bottle of plonk is going to sky-rocket.If Britain left the EU, the cost of an imported bottle of wine would instantly jump by a third. In fact, all imports would be hit because the UK’s existing trade deals were all made via the EU at the World Trade Organisation.Any car bought from overseas would instantly become ten per cent more expensive, too. Puts fuel duty into perspective, doesn’t it?

Vote leave happened and yes there may be short term turmoil in terms of economic performance but if you measure currency the pound is now gaining on the euro.Trading with europe may be good for the economy but its coming at an expense 43% of our exports go to the EU but we are in TRADE DEFICIT with europe. Was it worth 35 million a day I say No. All it means is if we can't get a free trade deal we will have to pay a trade tariff but we can put larger tariffs on Eu now, If you think logically you are not going to piss off one of your most prestigious business partners, if they hit tariffs on us we would import less from Europe affecting the turnover of EU based companies meaning jobs are lost in Eu and the Eu countries will be making less through corporation tax. I can assure you trade with the EU is 42/43 % not 50.You mention manufacturing being hit hard by leaving the Eu but the EU destroyed UK manufacturing with competition rules and the green tax when the kiddie fiddler ted heath put us in the common market in 1973 without a vote on it. It is also pretty pathetic that our super power in Britain has to rely on eu trade for jobs, the 14bn we save can be spent on business grants and incentives and long term infrastructure to create new jobs but project fear are scaring youth based on delusionals like yourself.You say immigration isn't all one way congratulations the only thing which is factually correct in your post, the rest of it is based on opinions of some nature but significantly more come then leave i know EU migration was around 150000 but the net migration is 330,000 , the average citizens living in a uk house is 2.2. So 330000 divided by 2.2 is 150,000 houses needed to be built last year there is 525600 minutes in a year , so it works out at building a new house every 4 minutes. Now we have left we can monitor immigration which we couldn't before due to having open borders. Your point about exports being more expensive such as wine and cars is nonesense, if tariffs are installed we import less, our citizens buy less hitting france in the pocket more than us heard of elascity of demand? Do you seriously believe Germany would hit tariffs on us when we buy a million cars from Germany a year. Because we buy more from the eu then we export thrre we are in a unique position because the other countries will be hit in the pocket, send Farage to do the negotiations we will get free trade withot free movement

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 29, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Useful resources
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.