Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Stock market rallies HIGHER after Brexit vote Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thutmose-III)
    Calm down, you are becoming highly emotional.

The market is up. To the extent that the stock market measures market confidence, that says everything. I know you desperately want there to be chaos and economic pain to justify your vote, but your sociopathic wish is not being granted
    LOL
    PRSOM for basically all ur posts on this thread

ReputationRep:
    Hey shutup with your reality... we demand the economic meltdown the scorned media and politicans told us we would get

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alevelstresss)
    You're avoiding the point completely. The point is, the Tories FAILED to control non-EU immigration by a whopping factor of 10. They aimed to get it down to the ten thousands, it was actually in the hundred thousands. Regardless of whether or not immigrants are bad for us, they are coming and the Tory government is incapable of stopping that.

And remain didn't 'lose' because of its own attitude. Brexit won because we have a massive population of angry, frustrated, low-middle class brits living in 90-95% white pop hamlets who have no perspective of the outside world. Its the same group which unconditionally votes Tory, and they are dragging the country down. I live in london, and I am disgusted that our progressive and diverse city is being dictated by some nobodies who haven't got a clue where Europe even is.
    The failure to control non-eu immigration would largely be down to asylum seekers, they need to let in the work visas but also cannot turn people who will be killed in their own country. Last time I checked, hardly any if any at all will need to seek asylum from Europe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Betelgeuse-)
    Hey shutup with your reality... we demand the economic meltdown the scorned media and politicans told us we would get
    Reality?

The reality is that FTSE-250 ended the week 7% down and the pound is the lowest it's been for several decades.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanL_)
    Reality?

The reality is that FTSE-250 ended the week 7% down and the pound is the lowest it's been for several decades.
    FTSE250 was 950 points lower in February

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Betelgeuse-)
    FTSE250 was 950 points lower in February
    Giving lefties like him facts is like talking to a parrot m8
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Forgive this cross-post but I think it's relevant:

Brexiters, can you remind me, what was the UK's EU contribution again?

The Net Contribution... it's oh, um.... £8.5 billion per year.

That's right isn't it?You know, that massive amount that's going to save the NHS, and build schools, and build roads. And prop-up Cornwall, and Wales. And Durham.

You remember? That money that this whole referendum was getting hot under the collar about.

£8.5 billion. Per year.

So today the BoE has committed £250 billion to protect the markets from the effect of Brexit. (Which is also one of the reasons the FTSE didn't drop off the planet today. Anyway.)

That's... reaches for calculator... 29 years of EU contribution.

Committed in one day.

Let me allow you folks to consider that.

ReputationRep:
    You're avoiding the point completely. The point is, the Tories FAILED to control non-EU immigration by a whopping factor of 10. They aimed to get it down to the ten thousands, it was actually in the hundred thousands. Regardless of whether or not immigrants are bad for us, they are coming and the Tory government is incapable of stopping that.

And remain didn't 'lose' because of its own attitude. Brexit won because we have a massive population of angry, frustrated, low-middle class brits living in 90-95% white pop hamlets who have no perspective of the outside world. Its the same group which unconditionally votes Tory, and they are dragging the country down. I live in london, and I am disgusted that our progressive and diverse city is being dictated by some nobodies who haven't got a clue where Europe even is.
    The group who vote Tory? Are you sure of that look at the labour safe seats in the north east a lot of these voted by a huge margin to leave

ReputationRep:
    So its okay to leave the EU because a tiny tiny tiny amount of experimental robots are taking a small amount of unskilled labour jobs?

Did it occur to you that robots do not put any money into the economy, unlike immigrants who are willing to work?
    Oh believe me, it's far from being a tiny amount. Bill Gates, the Bank of England's chief economist and researchers from prestigious institutions such as Oxford estimate around 30-50% of jobs are at risk of automation.

ReputationRep:
    I want you to realise that you're responsible for the oncoming separation of Scotland and possibly Northern Ireland from England. Take back control of your sovreignty then buddy.
    Scotland won't leave England. They need us
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by SteveDogg23)
    Scotland won't leave England. They need us
    Scotland isn't in England.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Brexit won because we have a massive population of angry, frustrated, low-middle class brits living in 90-95% white pop hamlets who have no perspective of the outside world. Its the same group which unconditionally votes Tory, and they are dragging the country down. I live in london, and I am disgusted that our progressive and diverse city is being dictated by some nobodies who haven't got a clue where Europe even is.
    Labour strongholds of Sunderland and Bradford voted Leave.

:rolleyes: :facepalm2:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.