Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Remain are free to go and live in another EU country Watch

ReputationRep:
    StockMarketWire.com - The FTSE 100 recovered from the initial shock of Britain's decision to leave the European Union to end 3.15% lower at 6,138.69 which, in terms of context, is higher than last Friday's close.

Oh look, just as I predicted. There's a surprise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by welshiee)
    No, they are not. If you pay attention you'd realise I'm an Old Labourite. I want localism and I want devolution.

More hyperbole. Farage, much like yourself, is a bit of a clown.
    If we had voted remain, we'd have been heading down a path of economic despair. Lets deal with the facts you love and crave shall we:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/...126There's some lovely expert analysis for you all. As I said before, you are free to leave and join an EU country, earn your wages in Euros but don't come crying in the future when the collapse happens because we will get on our high horse and say, 'meh, told you so!'.

The current hit on the market has hurt Germany more than the UK but lets not let your economic illiteracy get in the way of the truth here.

http://news.sky.com/story/1715796/eu...uld-be-foolish
    You're not answering my question. What is so "in control" about all those things?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by stevey396)
    Seeing as lefties love Islam so much they can all f*** off to Pakistan or wherever.
    Lol, you know I've been trying hard today not to be a **** and brand all leave voters as just being racists but comments like this make it really hard to do that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanyapotter)
    You're not answering my question. What is so "in control" about all those things?
    We get to negotiate our own FTA's directly with the countries involved.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanyapotter)
    Well, they're not wrong. You'd only legitimately be worried about immigrants taking your jobs if you were too stupid to outcompete them. But alas, stupid people will remain stupid. And likely very poor by the end of this. Enjoy austerity.
    First of sweetcheeks i am not stupid or poor, merely lending my liberal voice to what is morally right. It would be embarassing for your ego if i was though given the comprehensive crushing i give yourself and similar well heeled well to do fools who think they are above the lesser educated man.

Secondly, you unsurprisingly miss the point of my post and chose to do what the villains of my post did in bashing and kicking those less educated or fortunate as yourself.. I would lower your life expectations, not a bright girl

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsphysics91)
    As they want another referendum after losing a democratic election fairly they can move to an undemocratic country like Syria
    You are aware of what Farage said right? I really hope they burn effigys of the man

ReputationRep:
    If we're all coming up with absurd and divisive ideas then here's mine:

1) Remainers retain free movement within the EU.

2) Brexiters have to pay for a visa.

It'll require a second referendum without anonymous voting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jacarch12)
    It has fully recovered over night...

After British businesses lost tens of billions, FTSE 250 ended the week 7% down, and we haven't even left yet.

ReputationRep:
    Democracy, I truly believe, is the best way for the needs of the people to be realised. Democracy doesn't work however when the general public don't know what they want, are not fully informed, vote on issues which they don't fully care about, or are ****ing morons. Any failings of society go to the people, for they dictate society in a democracy.

The U.K. voted to leave because the majority of people are morons, they haven't got the faintest idea about the complexity of the choice they have made and are lulled by the hopeful words of reminiscence. "Take back...", "Make ... Great again", "Our country, our ...". The tactics excellently displayed by Trump and Brexiters alike.

That being said, democracy is the best we've got, all votes being equal is essential, or things quickly spiral to dictatorship. The U.K. will weaken and split as a result of this decision, there's no escaping the fact. But the global society should learn from this and humans should evole societally because of it. Darwinian societal evolution marches on, there must be winners and losers to make progress and to learn from history, it is a shame we are not winners on the scale we had hoped, but alas, we'll make the most of the failings of morons and carry on.

ReputationRep:
    But..... why? We already have an FTA with the single biggest economy in the world.

(Original post by JoeyTr)
    Democracy, I truly believe, is the best way for the needs of the people to be realised. Democracy doesn't work however when the general public don't know what they want, are not fully informed, vote on issues which they don't fully care about, or are ****ing morons. Any failings of society go to the people, for they dictate society in a democracy.

The U.K. voted to leave because the majority of people are morons, they haven't got the faintest idea about the complexity of the choice they have made and are lulled by the hopeful words of reminiscence. "Take back...", "Make ... Great again", "Our country, our ...". The tactics excellently displayed by Trump and Brexiters alike.
    So true.

But I don't believe this referendum was democratic at all. In a general election, parties have to follow rules. They can't just lie and make things up, or spend millions on advertising. If this were a GE the entire Vote Leave campaign just couldn't have existed. But since those rules weren't in place for a referendum, they could fill the voters up with all the lies and misinformation they wanted, and nobody held them accountable.

It's not democracy if a small majority are throwing us all under the bus at the command of the elites.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanL_)
    But..... why? We already have an FTA with the single biggest economy in the world.

So true.

But I don't believe this referendum was democratic at all. In a general election, parties have to follow rules. They can't just lie and make things up, or spend millions on advertising. If this were a GE the entire Vote Leave campaign just couldn't have existed. But since those rules weren't in place for a referendum, they could fill the voters up with all the lies and misinformation they wanted, and nobody held them accountable.

It's not democracy if a small majority are throwing us all under the bus at the command of the elites.
    Democracy isn't entirely black and white either. A referendum is a taste of direct democracy, which is generally not a good idea imo.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manchester_123)
    Surely you "people" would prefer to live in another country considering you feel like the UK is hell? Why don't you pack your bags and live a happy life in Germany? I honestly see nothing stopping you
    Really? You don't see how family, jobs, school or university could be stopping people from just moving country? Lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanL_)
    Sure, I'll just need to wait a few years for the pound to recover since it's currently worth less than it's been for 40 years.
    You do realize that majority of the Polish and other Eastern Europeans that come to UK to work usually arrive at Dover or one of the budget airports with nothing more than what they could carry and I'm pretty sure most don't come with sacks full of cash.

Nothing stops you from getting on the train or coach to Paris or Brussels or Dublin if you insist on being within the EU.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Betelgeuse-)
    First of sweetcheeks i am not stupid or poor, merely lending my liberal voice to what is morally right. It would be embarassing for your ego if i was though given the comprehensive crushing i give yourself and similar well heeled well to do fools who think they are above the lesser educated man.

Secondly, you unsurprisingly miss the point of my post and chose to do what the villains of my post did in bashing and kicking those less educated or fortunate as yourself.. I would lower your life expectations, not a bright girl
    I just feel sorry for them, is all. Poor people, don't know how much **** they've got themselves into. It's what you get for going to Nigel Farage for "facts" rather than the scientists, engineers, doctors and economists of this country. Ah well, you reap what you sow.

ReputationRep:
    Brexiters who are complaining about Remainers getting mad are forgetting that many feel that they have to love with the consequences of others, more specifically the older generation.
    This has remarkable similarities to what would happen if Trump became President. If he somehow managed it, there would be an outcry from many people, and I reckon that many states would try to get their independence. Most people in other countries also would oppose it. Now I don't think that he will, especially after this, but you cannot tell people to calm down and not be sore losers if he did. I appreciate that these are different circumstances, but just think on it

ReputationRep:
    why do we need our own FTAs? why fix something that isn't broken? how has access to the single market affected your life negatively in any way ever? this 500-million-strong trading bloc was the best deal we could have got.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by ODES_PDES)
    If you do not mind me ask why do you have a Swedish flag in your profile?
    It is my favourite country in the whole world. I love England to bits but Sweden is really exciting yet at the same time I could never possibly relocate there before anyone interjects how I should if I love it so much.

ReputationRep:
    These remainers are handling defeat like how little spoilt children handle not getting something they want. They can only use fear mongering to make you feel bad about your opinion and putting you in a demographic group of "white and old", liberals love doing this.

But then again, TSR is infamous for being full of spoilt left wing SJWs so what do you expect.

ReputationRep:
    If you do not wish to live in a sovereign UK then you are free to exercise your democratic right and go and live out your European fantasy in another EU country.

You can apply for a temporary residency permit, then continue applying for extensions until you will eventually be granted indefinite leave to remain, which is most likely going to be one of the terms of negotiation agreed between the UK and EU.

You have a large window of time to save up some money, prepare and then leave the UK to go and live your EU fantasy elsewhere. Nobody is holding you back but yourself so why aren't any of you doing it? Why are you whinging at the outcome of a democratic referendum?

We'd like to get on with things here and reach out to our global partners, initiate free trade agreements, bring highly skilled migrants here who add pure value to our country and also, we'd like to remove the regulations and red tape that cripple small and medium sized businesses.

If you'd prefer joining the mass unemployment heap in Spain, austerity in Greece or far right religious extremism in Poland then you are free to leave the UK. Nobody is stopping you leaving, flying the European flag in your bedroom window and singing the anthem as you prepare yourself for life in your newfound European utopia.

The vast majority of the remain campaign will not do so because they are not as EU minded as they say they are and prefer to make the entire thing about them and how marginalised they are. This is not about the result but how they want to make themselves feel superior to everyone else. This is what they always do.

Oh well, no one cares about your tears. Get over it!
    Couldn't rep.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    Birmingham voted Leave.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.