Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Iceland won, how disappointing. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMEGGGY)
    Hindus claim everything, ignore him and his rants.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    shut up you fool, vedic culture was one of the first to reach asia and then europe and the proven link of sanscrit to most north european, germanic languages and some influence in latin, shows that vedic culture travelled to those regions couple of thousand years ago. dont forget the vikings shared a polyeithist theology, just like the romans, the celts, the greeks and hindus. its not about people 'claiming everything' its just fact.

ReputationRep:
    Calls me little boy.

Wearing a man bag in his pic. Actually done.

ReputationRep:
    Completely humbled...that performance was actually a shambles. Like Kane's freekicks were ****ing terrible, the passing went to pieces, Hart had a nightmare again. Idek what it is...not sure whether its a lack of desire, or genuinely just a lack of talent.

ReputationRep:
    interesting fact accdng to GL- Iceland has more volcanoes than professional footballers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0to100)
    EPL and english FCs are overrun by foreigners so maybe these guys had no leg to stand on literally. Now there might be a chance for eng footballers to get better when they get more pitch time with less int'l ballers
    Lol 'Pitch time' , all of the england team pretty much start every game in the EPL

England is just trash at an international level , lost to ****ing Iceland.

ReputationRep:
    I am Icelandic and I think that this was so well deserved, proud of my boys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rk2k14)
    How bout you read up on the success of England before you try with that condensation.
    Im out. Peace.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aurora_Boreal1s)
    I am Icelandic and I think that this was so well deserved, proud of my boys
    are you one of the players - studying part time?

ReputationRep:
    Relax, It's understandable why we lost. They have the zombie mountain.

ReputationRep:
    It's not hyping the result to say that was the worst result in our history.

We haven't won a knockout game since 2006 and have won two at the euros since 66.

We always have had good names on a team sheet but never a championship team in the last 50 years.

It's getting worse and it's down to the way we train kids to play and the lack of playing time for English players in the premier league

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Classic England. Even for England it's a new low. Danny Baker's rant on Twitter summed it up. And it was quite amusing.

I don't understand why Marcus Rashford didn't get more playing time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rk2k14)
    Yes give credit to Iceland who were called the "easiest draw" and written off before they even kicked a ball.

Clubs bring in foreign players because they're good. Perhaps instead of blaming them for the failure of English youth players you should look at their quality first. Today showed that they simply aren't good enough. £50million for Sterling. Give me a break.

Don't really care about heritage m8. Quality football is what i'm interested in and the BPL offers that with a mix of both domestic and foreign players. I'm not going to complain about that just so we can have more Sterling's running around in the league.
    I was just scrolling back on this thread trying to make sense of what seems to be a heated argument when I came across this post.

It was the first one that made any sense to me at least.

So there are people who are arguing with this are there ?

If so,how silly. The Premiership is wonderful . I may have misconstrued but the idea of messing with the Prem just so England might have a chance of getting to the quarters as they used to and a semi every 20 years is utterly laughable. And it ain't gonna happen.

English people should count themselves lucky that they can go to a Premiership game if they so wish and that the country receives benefits from hosting it .

Sorry if I misconstrued. To those young people who feel passionately about the England football team let me point out that the day will come for many of you when you just laugh at their ineptitude and the amounts of money they are paid and cost.

Til then do carry on.

Edit The Iceland result was of course also wonderful for football .And that's what really matters.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: June 29, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.