Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girlfriend refusing to have sex with me... Watch

ReputationRep:
    Asking this on TSR will just get you a biased group of responses.

I cannot believe some people are instantly saying "she's having sex with someone else" without even knowing this girl. It is OP's fault for clearly not speaking about this properly with his girlfriend. Sitting down and genuinely seeing what's wrong.

Your partner should be your best friend. If she was the type to go and cheat I'm sure you'd know she was that type of person long before you got into a relationship..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by indigofox)
    Yea but it could be because at the start of relationships people tend to go that extra mile to please their partner, it's the honeymoon period where people get caught up in the excitement of their relationship. Then after the initial few months true personalities start to show.
    Lol and you have sex once a month?

Yeah, right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Roast)
    Lol and you have sex once a month?

Yeah, right.
    Why bring me into your argument, you are wrong I've not had sex for a while actually. Now you won't use me as an example lol. It's a myth that everyone is having sex all the time, many do yes but in a lot of relationships there are problems.

ReputationRep:
    She just doesn't want to have sex omg deal with it don't start questioning her loyalty - look for other reasons instead! Maybe have a proper talk about it? Ask her why she's changed her mind all of a sudden

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xellah)
    The best thing to do is sit down and talk to her, I agree there is more to a relationship than sex, but given that you're less than 2 years in, the well shouldn't have dried up completely... You don't wanna move in together and then regret it.
    yeah, talked to her about this clearly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unprinted)
    No, whatever caused the initial decline wasn't dealt with in any helpful way (by him) and he's now where he is.

At this point it feels like you're either trolling. It's now been 18 months since the ordeal began. I'm pretty sure it has more to do with "an initial reaction". She had clearly made her mind up. Are you geninely suggesting that his response over a year ago is the reason she's not enjoying sex enough to bother having it till this day?

(Original post by unprinted)

The critical period was the three months between those two. 'I think you should have sex with me because...' isn't reasoning.

You're not in a relationship, are you?

Yup, definitely trolling. It's nothing to do with a critical period. It's a complete difference in opinon. If you had any sort of intution whatsoever you'd understand that if a problem has been going on for 18 months to the point where OP is making a thread about it, various ways of asking have been tried.

What exactly is reasoning to you? The girl is flat out saying no. Do you want him to force her? Pay? Cliche lines like "sex is important to relationships" will have been tried dozens of times. What exactly are you suggesting that's different?

Your last line is incredibly ironic too. I can tell you're the one who isn't (and never have been) in a relationship if you're attempting to blame OP for his gf not wanting sex in a year and a half. Jesus christ lol.

OP, all I'm saying is that if you plan to make this long term, it's unlikely to improve. Sex amongst couples already significantly drops after marriage. But your relationship on the otherhand has hardly any sex when you're only dating. Some females just naturally have low sex drives. If it bothers you that much then just dump her. If not then you're delaying the inevitable.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Lawliettt)
    It's nothing to do with a critical period. It's a complete difference in opinon.
    Wrong. Had he been rather more sympathetic when the frequency dropped, I doubt very much that it would still be continuing now.

Going on and on and on with 'why won't you let me stick my penis in you?' - which is clearly what's happened, given the 'big massive arguments' - is not the way to get anyone to change their mind.

The girl is flat out saying no. Do you want him to force her? Pay? Cliche lines like "sex is important to relationships" will have been tried dozens of times. What exactly are you suggesting that's different?
    I've criticised him for having sex with her when she didn't want it, but was feeling 'obliged' after one of those 'big massive arguments', so obviously not. I also haven't used that line.

I think it's too late, but I started off by suggesting that there is more than one way to be sexual with each other, rather than him being hung up on intercourse.

Your last line is incredibly ironic too. I can tell you're the one who isn't (and never have been) in a relationship if you're attempting to blame OP for his gf not wanting sex in a year and a half. Jesus christ lol.
    Ha. I've even been in a relationship where her libido fell off a cliff, thanks to hormonal contraception taken for another reason.

I'm not blaming him for her not wanting to have sex with him, but given that's not how he puts it - there is a VERY big difference between 'doesn't want' and 'refusing' - I can see why nothing has changed. He's not entitled to sex, but that's how he presents it.

I've already said that this looks terminal for the relationship: "It's up to her when she wants sex, not him. If that means the end of the relationship as far as he's concerned, fine."

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 4, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.