Why is the IQ so low in Saudia Arabia (84)?

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincessBO$$)
    I don't care but under those niqabs they have beautiful women mashallah
    Model_roz IG and Snapchat
    Least Arab-looking Arab I've ever seen, she could easily be Italian :rofl: She's also had a metric tonne of plastic surgery. This is coming from someone who thinks Arabs are generally hot.

ReputationRep:
    I am interested in the sample they used to work out average IQs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bill_Gates)
    Why is the IQ so low in Saudia Arabia (84)?

it's one of the richest nations in the world in terms of oil, GDP per capita has more than doubled yet IQ has remained around the same at 84?

70 IQ is seen to be retarded.

Surely with more money = better education, better nutrition = higher IQ
    They don't like the citizens to be educated as it'll be a threat to their evil dictatership.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Lol dem Arabs too busy driving Ferraris and making oil to study innit hahahaha

ReputationRep:
    Source?
    Sample size? Was it a varied group of people they got the sample from?

ReputationRep:
    Because muslims

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gora The Xplorer)
    Least Arab-looking Arab I've ever seen, she could easily be Italian :rofl: She's also had a metric tonne of plastic surgery. This is coming from someone who thinks Arabs are generally hot.

im sorry does she not look arab?
    I think maybe in the previous pic no. Cause of the blue contactsa and silver hair. in this pic she looks like a typical arab girl

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincessBO$$)

im sorry does she not look arab?
    I think maybe in the previous pic no. Cause of the blue contactsa and silver hair. in this pic she looks like a typical arab girl
    She looks like a footballer's wife

She looks really pretty, Lebanese.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thunder_chunky)
    There may be money, *doesn't automatically mean they'll be smart. They only have money because of their oil. *Without it, they'd just be nothing more than a country of savages. The answer is obvious though, their religion.
    'Savages'? What an offensive and ignorant statement. Saudi people are as smart as anyone else. Having an IQ of 84 suggests that they are, on average, almost retarded- which is clearly not true if you've ever met a Saudi person,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trapz99)
    'Savages'? What an offensive and ignorant statement. Saudi people are as smart as anyone else. Having an IQ of 84 suggests that they are, on average, almost retarded- which is clearly not true if you've ever met a Saudi person,

Considering their religious conservatism, considering their attitude to homosexuality, *considering their attitude to women and women's rights, *considering their attitude to rape victims, *considering their history for covertly/not so convertly supporting/funding terrorists, considering their attitude towards Israel and Jews in general....yeah they are savages. *Savages with a lot of money. *Once the oil runs out it will be chaos there, and the royal family will get what they deserve.*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trapz99)
    The royals and what educated middle class exists will have an average above 84, but in rural areas especially outside the bigger cities it would make sense. It would be like travelling back to medieval England and seeing people who can barely read or write who think that witches and demons use magic to control the world. Education and culture does change people.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone with common sense would know that an IQ of 84 is obviously BS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DorianGrayism)
    Anyone with common sense would know that an IQ of 84 is obviously BS.

That would effectively mean that everyone is on the verge of a borderline intellectual disability.
    Anyone with common sense would realise that it's probably true, but that with education and better nutrition it would rise.

I heard an interesting anecdote about the effect of education on people. If you ask a primary school child today what the difference between a rabbit and a fox is, they might say size, or tell you that the rabbit is lower on the food chain than the fox. If you ask someone 100 years ago, they'll say the fox chases the rabbit.

ReputationRep:

Considering their religious conservatism, considering their attitude to homosexuality, *considering their attitude to women and women's rights, *considering their attitude to rape victims, *considering their history for covertly/not so convertly supporting/funding terrorists, considering their attitude towards Israel and Jews in general....yeah they are savages. *Savages with a lot of money. *Once the oil runs out it will be chaos there, and the royal family will get what they deserve.*
    Or they'll diversify into assets not linked to oil, bring in some of the most capable and well educated people while they invest in their own education and create a well educated middle class which can prosper without oil. I don't think you should be so cruel about them, but I do sympathise with the view that they're an embarrassing country rather than a cool, modern country.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone with common sense would realise that it's probably true, but that with education and better nutrition it would rise.

I heard an interesting anecdote about the effect of education on people. If you ask a primary school child today what the difference between a rabbit and a fox is, they might say size, or tell you that the rabbit is lower on the food chain than the fox. If you ask someone 100 years ago, they'll say the fox chases the rabbit.
    That has nothing do with what I said. I am saying the number is obviously wrong.

The royals and what educated middle class exists will have an average about 84, but in rural areas especially outside the bigger cities it would make sense. It would be like travelling back to medieval England and seeing people who can barely read or write who think that witches and demons use magic to control the world. Education and culture does change people.

If you are suggesting that Middle classes have an average of 84 and the rural areas are lower, then the average will be lower than 84.

Also, how many people are you expecting to live in "Rural" Saudi Arabia when it is full of desert?

ReputationRep:
    That has nothing do with what I said. I am saying the number is obviously wrong.

Why is it obviously wrong? The difference between someone with an IQ of 100 and an IQ of 84 isn't actually that noticeable, both can still hold down a basic job and function on a day to day basis.

If you are suggesting that Middle classes have an average of 84 and the rural areas are lower, then the average will be lower than 84.
    I meant above 84, not about sorry.

Also, how many people are you expecting to live in "Rural" Saudi Arabia when it is full of desert?
    If the Bedouin can live in the desert, I'm sure it's possible.

ReputationRep:
    Or they'll diversify into assets not linked to oil, bring in some of the most capable and well educated people while they invest in their own education and create a well educated middle class which can prosper without oil. I don't think you should be so cruel about them, but I do sympathise with the view that they're an embarrassing country rather than a cool, modern country.
    I don't care if my views are considered cruel. Saudi Arabia is a boil on the arse of this world, and it deserves to be lanced.**

ReputationRep:
    I don't care if my views are considered cruel. Saudi Arabia is a boil on the arse of this world, and it deserves to be lanced.**
    Not every Saudi is literally waving his sword in the air preaching death to the West.

ReputationRep:
    Why is it obviously wrong? The difference between someone with an IQ of 100 and an IQ of 84 isn't actually that noticeable, both can still hold down a basic job and function on a day to day basis..
    Well, the difference is significant. If I take another 16 off, then the person is considered to be mentally handicapped.

ReputationRep:
    Well, the difference is significant. If I take another 16 off, then the person is considered to be mentally handicapped.
    It's not significant in that both someone with an IQ of 100 and an IQ of 84 can graduate high school with 5 GCSE's, A*-C, go to college and get further training. It's like the difference between being a builder and being the foreman.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 25, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
What social media "stories" do you use?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.