Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why do Brexit voters want to sack millions and cause mass unemployment? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0to100)
    Lol who the **** are you though. You didn't exactly add facts to the conversation. I know ppl hate on me because of my profile pic but it still stands that JordanL_ was purposefully lying about what i said.

He admitted that yes brexit will affect EU funded businesses. So what is the issue with what I said. Is it false? No it's not. Stop being a coward typing insults to ppl you know you'd never stand up to in real life.
    You look like a proper chav mate, better use grime and chav language on this forum, otherwise people might not think you're a proper road man, though tbf, you're probably the only chav on a student site lol.

ReputationRep:
    Independence and sovereignty matter more than any economic benefit, to me anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FredOrJohn)
    Actually no. I have worked for BMW (IT consultant), I speak no german whatsoever - not even good morning. Again you are falling for simplistic drivel that you have dug up from websites without asking people who have actually worked in these places.
    Well that's for IT jobs there is a huge demand for IT and Software developers around the world. However, for anything else you need to speak fluent German for high skilled and even low skilled jobs
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by IronicalMan)
    China had higher GDP than Britain in the 18th and 19th century, doesn't mean they weren't starving on the street...
    Er, no.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    Er, no.

ERR THAT'S PER CAPITa, not actual GDP

ReputationRep:
    Er, no.

Read Adam Smiths, a wealth of nations, it's in there.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    ERR THAT'S PER CAPITa, not actual GDP
    Which is what matters.

By the way, see that key on the side of your keyboard? The Caps Lock key? I think it might be faulty. There's some good PC repair places around. They are very helpful and reasonable value.

Thank me later.

ReputationRep:
    Please stop making Brexit threads.

RobML and Nurne will get mad with you.

-------------------------------
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Read Adam Smiths, a wealth of nations, it's in there.
    Read Thomas Piketty, Capital, it's in there.

ReputationRep:
    Which is what matters.

By the way, see that key on the side of your keyboard? The Caps Lock key? I think it might be faulty. There's some good PC repair places around. They are very helpful and reasonable value.

Thank me later.
    My point is, that China's GDP was higher and that it didn't mean they had better living standards, in response to how GDP growth in the UK doesn't mean everyone is necessarily better off, and GDP per capita is a poor ****ing indicator anyway mate, go look up the reasons as to why.
    EG inequality can increase, whilst GDP per capita can increase. Other living standard indicators exist for a reason, such as the social mobility indicator and another which I can't remember off the top of my head pissed.

ReputationRep:
    Read Thomas Piketty, Capital, it's in there.
    Never head of him, won't read it, Adam Smith and Keynesian are babes.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    My point is, that China's GDP was higher and that it didn't mean they had better living standards, in response to how GDP growth in the UK doesn't mean everyone is necessarily better off, and GDP per capita is a poor ****ing indicator anyway mate, go look up the reasons as to why.
    It's a measure. Not the only measure by any means. You'd enjoy Piketty. All about redistribution of wealth. Very interesting...

And the point about GDP per capita being low highlights why the large population of Chinese people in the 1800s were impoverished despite (perhaps, I haven't checked) the country having a higher total GDP than less populous UK in the same time period. So, in that situation it IS a useful measure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanL_)
    I don't think you do know what you're on about. It's not just EU funded businesses that are affected by economic decline, it's every business.
    Less than 35% of young people voted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manchester_123)
    Less than 35% of young people voted
    And?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanL_)
    And?
    It shows majority of young people don't have a voice so that is good enough reason to hold a second referendum

ReputationRep:
    Paragraph that ****, stop generalizing since you're evidently not someone that believes in that..... Furthermore I know more about economics than you. British workers earn less because of mass immigration of unpatriotic foreigners after money. FACT..

Actually that is not a fact. The USA (350 million people) is a nation of immigrants and they, on average earn about £10,000 a year more than we do.

This occurs because EU immigrants are adults who increase the countries GDP by working, very few if any are children or elderly.

Everyone of us is potentially better off - more tax, companies produce more things to make for these immigrants thus employing more people, making more profits, thus helping the elderly peoples pensions.

If they go the old will get poor, companies will go bust, and UK workers like plumbers and electricians will no longer be in work as the middle class will no longer have the income to pay for house improvements.

As an IT consultant I am quite well to do even though I directly compete with Indians and Nigerians. However I would become poor if my main market - the EU, was lost to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manchester_123)
    It shows majority of young people don't have a voice so that is good enough reason to hold a second referendum
    No it shows that they should have voted in higher numbers if they were bothered by the outcome so much

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Actually that is not a fact. The USA (350 million people) is a nation of immigrants and they, on average earn about £10,000 a year more than we do.

This occurs because EU immigrants are adults who increase the countries GDP by working, very few if any are children or elderly.

Everyone of us is potentially better off - more tax, companies produce more things to make for these immigrants thus employing more people, making more profits, thus helping the elderly peoples pensions.

If they go the old will get poor, companies will go bust, and UK workers like plumbers and electricians will no longer be in work as the middle class will no longer have the income to pay for house improvements.

As an IT consultant I am quite well to do even though I directly compete with Indians and Nigerians. However I would become poor if my main market - the EU, was lost to me.
    Nothing you just said disproves his point

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If you think businesses in UK will stop trade with EU, you're wrong. Most likely there will be reduced to no tariffs on trade between us and the rest of the EU. Businesses will not "lose" the EU markets. That's idiotic for both the EU and UK economies.

Unskilled immigration does cause working class wages to go down, as they are willing to work for less and in worse conditions than brits. I don't think anyone in the leave camp wants absolutely no immigration, they just don't want unskilled immigration. Like Australia.

ReputationRep:
    Why on earth would you want a Free man or woman to stand on an assembly line all day long doing nothing apart from watch bits of tin going up and down metal rollers.

These thing are best done by robots.

The future is in SERVICE industries - real people doing real things.

STAY in the EU to help the future - help our service industries....

stop the LEAVE - many of our best IT brains are leaving Shoreditch and heading to Berlin. Many of our best banking brains are heading for Paris and even Dublin
    Sorry, but this is all short termist and about your own interests. The EU is doomed, and it is a healthy thing for European peoples.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.