Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

If a homeless person was begging you to buy them breakfast, would you ignore them? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherryred90s)
    I thought we were talking about homeless people living on the streets..
    You can live on the street and still sleep in a hostel...

ReputationRep:
    i'd buy breakfast rather than give money. but the problem is that I and many other people dont trust people who make out to be homeless or poor as whenever im in london i see the same women (each has a different spot to beg at) with flowers and a photo selling flowers but then i see them all together laughing and tbh they dont look poor...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RibbonTide)
    No.
    I would buy him a loaf of bread so he wont stay hungry for the rest of the week.
    True genius

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    For me it would depend on the context, but I think time would be the most important factor. If I had the extra 2-3 minutes on my way to the shop during lunch break I'd probably get this person something if I believed them to be needy. In London, you get into these situations on the regular basis, even in the City. I remember buying a hamburger once for an alcoholic in France, but I was in a very good, joyous mood.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marshall Taylor)
    You can live on the street and still sleep in a hostel...
    I'm talking about people who only live on the streets.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InvestmentBankin)
    For me it would depend on the context, but I think time would be the most important factor. If I had the extra 2-3 minutes on my way to the shop during lunch break I'd probably get this person something if I believed them to be needy. In London, you get into these situations on the regular basis, even in the City. I remember buying a hamburger once for an alcoholic in France, but I was in a very good, joyous mood.

And I thought most investment bankers were cold and calculated

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.