Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    I give up

I don't put people on my ignore list or whatever, if I did I wouldn't be able to see your posts to comment on them, would I?

Anyway, whatever
    Oh go away and shut up, your novelty is starting to wear thin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Twinpeaks)
    I see what you mean but I don't think that's really a fair assumption to make based on one online test.

When the checklist is administered in real life it is not administered in a structured Q&A format. It's often administered with 2 clinicians, and is semi-structured. You do not ask outright the questions on this online test, you would get nowhere.

And the scoring is completely different. You give a score of 2 if the individual definitely displays a trait, 1 if there's a partial match and 0 if there's clearly no match. Traits are scored through observation as well as the verbal answers provided, and also through their case files, and takes about 3 hours.

PCL-R scores correlate very well with similar items and tests of other traits such as machiavellianism and aggression. In all its considered a very good indicator of psychopathy, which it has to be considering the score obtained has a significant effect on the individuals future.
    Sorry didn't mean to send that, I hadn't finished writing my post and didn't even realise it posted :rofl:

Yeah. Every instrument we use across all fields have flaws though. Both in psychology and medicine. That doesn't mean it's not considered valuable, accurate or reliable.

If you were to discredit an instrument because it had a flaw, you'd be left with barely anything.
    Yeah, I can see what you mean. Still, I am holding a personal grudge against psychological tests and psychology in general :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Oh original. Yeah, I started this forum weeks ago and you've just copied me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarpedon)
    Oh original. Yeah, I started this forum weeks ago and you've just copied me.
    I didn't see that forum, I only joined around 2 weeks ago. Just thought it'd be a good discussion point. Tbh doubt you were the first either

ReputationRep:
    I scored 11, I don't think this test means much though.

ReputationRep:
    I got 40! I think thats the highest so far here lol :proud:

:nutcase: apprently I'm a psychopath
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Not surprised tbh I am death after all XD :backstab: :reaper:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Grimm Reaper)
    I got 40! I think thats the highest so far here lol :proud:

:nutcase: apprently I'm a psychopath
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Not surprised tbh I am death after all XD :backstab: :reaper:
    What were your answers?

ReputationRep:
    8 haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    is that bad...?
    oh well, i really wouldnt mind being a psycho ngl, theyre cool!!

ReputationRep:
    This test is for guys only.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers

Psychopathy. One of the few PDs I actually don't have. :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    26. Although Psychopathy is mostly given a very bad rep from all the shows and media that show it as them all being killers and evil.

ReputationRep:
    I scored 9

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ciel.)
    Yeah, I can see what you mean. Still, I am holding a personal grudge against psychological tests and psychology in general :laugh:

Why the personal grudge against psychology? Have you had a bad experience or something?

As a psychology graduate I am here to defend my beloved discipline :love:

ReputationRep:
    I think I've scored the lowest in here... 3

But I think I am the anti-psychopath. I have too much empathy, I feel guilty about any thing, I never risk seek, I'm neurotic, have little self-belief etc etc.

ReputationRep:
    Why the personal grudge against psychology? Have you had a bad experience or something?

As a psychology graduate I am here to defend my beloved discipline :love:
    Yep. But my grudge is mostly focused on psychiatry, not psychology I guess. Still, I dislike both.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheReader)
    What were your answers?

Can't remember lol :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ciel.)
    Yep. But my grudge is mostly focused on psychiatry, not psychology I guess. Still, I dislike both.
    How can you dislike a research discipline which aims to increase our understading of our mind and behaviour? Would you rather we stayed in ignorance?

ReputationRep:
    How can you dislike a research discipline which aims to increase our understading of our mind and behaviour? Would you rather we stayed in ignorance?
    I have my reasons. Plus it's very flawed at the moment. :desu:

ReputationRep:
    I predict loads of stuff that will happen so i am definitely psychopathic

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.