Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _gcx)
    That's awesome, well done dude!
    Awk thank you so much. I'm posting a YouTube video so I'll give you a link to it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chemistrynerd13)
    Awk thank you so much. I'm posting a YouTube video so I'll give you a link to it
    Here's a link to the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2eeanFvIrI

ReputationRep:
    UPDATE

This will be really long because there is a lot of stuff to get through. I just want to keep you all up to date on what I intend to do and what has changed.

So sorry I haven't been talking to you guys in so long. I have been working on the targets I have been setting for myself and they have changed (I updated the original post). In the following paragraphs I am telling you about each individual subject

MATHS and FURTHER MATHS

In T3 maths, I got a B which is the best I could get. It was a full uniform score so I'm happy. I'm aiming for A* in Maths next year when I do T4 in January and T6 in June. For Further Maths, I got 95/100. It equates to an A* and I am aiming for that next year. Next year I do Mechanics and Statistics and no pure maths so it will be interesting.

ENGLISH LANGUAGE

This result was the biggest shock ever. I was expecting around an A or B but I got an A*. That has literally changed everything for me. I am now aiming for an A* next year and will be working hard on controlled assessments and exam work.

RELIGIOUS STUDIES

Nothing much to say, I am aiming for a B because the exams are getting challenging and I really don't think an A is likely. However, I will work hard in my mocks. Help with R.E would be appreciated.

GEOGRAPHY

I'm really so glad I got an A*. I worked really hard for it and my teacher had helped me with revision. We are now doing the controlled assessment which I am working hard on. The human paper next year is the focus now and hope to maintain the standard.

DOUBLE AWARD SCIENCE

Sciences are being taught separate this year. I don't really know if this is good or not. I am going to get my biology remarked due to being 1 mark of an A*. If it doesn't go up then I will be resitting in November.... I didn't want it to happen but anyways. Physics and Chemistry remain my two favourite sciences. Any help with ELECTRICITY would be appreciated.

BUSINESS STUDIES

On the exam I got an A*. I dropped 3 raw marks on the paper which I'm shocked about. I thought I dropped 3 marks on the first page, never mind the paper. I did work for it and am happy with progress. Then I will be doing controlled assessment this year and another exam. I hope to maintain the standard and get a high score in controlled assessment.

ICT

ICT is such a disaster. I hate this subject so much and wish I could drop it. I got an A in the controlled assessment (apparently 95/100 is still an A). The website and game controlled assessment is harder and the exam will be awful. I am now aiming for a B as a safety net but now that my good teacher is off on maternity leave.. I'm worried about my ability to pass the subject.

Look at the original post for more info

Thanks for reading

ReputationRep:
    UPDATE

This will be really long because there is a lot of stuff to get through. I just want to keep you all up to date on what I intend to do and what has changed.

So sorry I haven't been talking to you guys in so long. I have been working on the targets I have been setting for myself and they have changed (I updated the original post). In the following paragraphs I am telling you about each individual subject

MATHS and FURTHER MATHS

In T3 maths, I got a B which is the best I could get. It was a full uniform score so I'm happy. I'm aiming for A* in Maths next year when I do T4 in January and T6 in June. For Further Maths, I got 95/100. It equates to an A* and I am aiming for that next year. Next year I do Mechanics and Statistics and no pure maths so it will be interesting.

ENGLISH LANGUAGE

This result was the biggest shock ever. I was expecting around an A or B but I got an A*. That has literally changed everything for me. I am now aiming for an A* next year and will be working hard on controlled assessments and exam work.

RELIGIOUS STUDIES

Nothing much to say, I am aiming for a B because the exams are getting challenging and I really don't think an A is likely. However, I will work hard in my mocks. Help with R.E would be appreciated.

GEOGRAPHY

I'm really so glad I got an A*. I worked really hard for it and my teacher had helped me with revision. We are now doing the controlled assessment which I am working hard on. The human paper next year is the focus now and hope to maintain the standard.

DOUBLE AWARD SCIENCE

Sciences are being taught separate this year. I don't really know if this is good or not. I am going to get my biology remarked due to being 1 mark of an A*. If it doesn't go up then I will be resitting in November.... I didn't want it to happen but anyways. Physics and Chemistry remain my two favourite sciences. Any help with ELECTRICITY would be appreciated.

BUSINESS STUDIES

On the exam I got an A*. I dropped 3 raw marks on the paper which I'm shocked about. I thought I dropped 3 marks on the first page, never mind the paper. I did work for it and am happy with progress. Then I will be doing controlled assessment this year and another exam. I hope to maintain the standard and get a high score in controlled assessment.

ICT

ICT is such a disaster. I hate this subject so much and wish I could drop it. I got an A in the controlled assessment (apparently 95/100 is still an A). The website and game controlled assessment is harder and the exam will be awful. I am now aiming for a B as a safety net but now that my good teacher is off on maternity leave.. I'm worried about my ability to pass the subject.

Look at the original post for more info

Thanks for reading
    Glad it went so well! Really well done! Good luck for next year!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _gcx)
    Glad it went so well! Really well done! Good luck for next year!
    Thank you. I think I will try updating every Saturday!☺️☺️. If you want any help please ask

ReputationRep:
    Update

The Biology remark came back today. It was so quick. I only paid on Friday! Good news, I got an A*!!☺️. I needed one more mark and I got it. Yaaaay

ReputationRep:
    The Biology remark came back today. It was so quick. I only paid on Friday! Good news, I got an A*!!☺️. I needed one more mark and I got it. Yaaaay
    Congrats! Glad you won't have to resit

ReputationRep:
    Yeah exactly. I'm so relieved because I had been making revision cards and everything. It was really stressing me out but now I can focus on 5th year work. 😌😌Thanks so much, your encouragement helped!!

ReputationRep:
    Update

My New ICT teacher is actually so good. He is really nice and knows what he is doing. Aiming higher than my current prediction.

Today I was learning

ICT- Website Controlled Assessment
    Physics- Electricity
    Biology- Osmosis

ReputationRep:
    Im going to give a summary of what I did in School Day:

Physics
    We did an experiment on parallel and series circuits. We used ammeters to measure the current in different locations. Electricity is so hard to understand!!😐
    Maths
    We were doing the area of a triangle using
    Area= 1/2abSinC
    Then we have a homework for tomorrow which I will do later
    R.E
    I was daydreaming so I have no idea what happened
    Further Maths
    I'm learning about standard deviation. It's really interesting and I am actually quite motivated to learn about it. We
    We are moving on to standard deviation from a frequency table tomorrow.
    English
    We are making a speech about our work experience so I will be working on that for the next while. It is part of our controlled assessment.

ReputationRep:
    I got a photocopy of the biology paper back today. I'm very lucky I got an A* judging by the last page:
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1473439857.196355.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  164.5 KB
    Lol. If you want to see the whole paper, just ask me!☺️. Today was quite boring as I was just working on controlled assessment. In maths we just started proportion (direct) which is interesting!🤓. Pretty good week. Just really tired though!☺️

ReputationRep:
    Oh my word. It's literally been a lifetime since I last posted. I'm sorry guys, fifth year pretty much hit me like a double decker bus travelling at 100mph. What am I going to be like at a level. It's really because I have been doing coursework and all the deadlines are the same dates so a lot of pressure. Furthermore, my mocks are in December so I need to be revising for them as well. Here is a subject summary:

Maths- finished t4 module content. Just doing past papers now. It's so hard but im going to work so hard between now and the exam.

English- literally just doing controlled assessment on poetry which is boring af but It's nearly finished and I think it's going alright☺️

R.E- same as last update. Nothing exciting going on here.

Geography- river coursework is so stressful like Omg!!. However, I've been using the Halloween break to keep my life together. Then we are also doing human geography (population) which is super interesting and I love it.

Further maths- going good. Had a tracking test on statistics so will let you know how it goes. I don't really like statistics to be honest (it's insanely boring)🤔😒. However, we are now doing mechanics which is unreallll☺️👍🏻

Biology- FAVOURITE SUBJECT. Teacher is amazing and the topics this year are brilliant.

Chemistry- loving chemistry at the moment. It's really interesting and I want to do it next year at a level.

Physics- Electricity is the worst topic ever. Like it's so bad. I got 90% in the latest test but i still don't like the subject. Hopefully I'll grow to like electricity.. fingers crossed!

Business studies- loving it☺️nothing more to say. It's just really interesting and one of my stronger subjects

ICT- just been doing controlled assessment which is really boring so nothing much to say there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just in case anyone was wondering, I actually ended up getting 7 A* and 1 A. I understand it's quite comical that I didn't keep up this thread but I thought some people would be interested. I dropped R.E so that's why I got 8 grades. The A was English Language🤗
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Just in case anyone was wondering, I actually ended up getting 7 A* and 1 A. I understand it's quite comical that I didn't keep up this thread but I thought some people would be interested. I dropped R.E so that's why I got 8 grades. The A was English Language🤗
    Long time no see! Glad to hear it went well.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much! I hope your results went well!! What have you chosen for a level?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much! I hope your results went well!! What have you chosen for a level?
    I ended up picking maths, further maths, physics and history

ReputationRep:
    Those sound like amazing subjects!! Hope you do amazing in them! I chose biology, chemistry and maths😂I also moved to another sixth form!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.