Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

Anyone else been up 24 hrs straight?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0to100)
    Me neither I was just gonna say but didn't wanna complain as I already have a thread about not being able to smell lol
    why can't ya sleep bab
    It was too hot The weather is sh*t

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by quasa)
    yes and whats more shocking is that I have once been 6 days with just 4 hours of sleep due to essentially an ear drum transplant and noisy neighbours during freshers week screwing my sleep over and causing me to be in great pain despite taking a strong opioid:|
    what's that about?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincessBO$$)
    It was too hot The weather is sh*t
    you better pull that fan up dead on you mate lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZuluK)
    why the death stare yo

ReputationRep:
    you better pull that fan up dead on you mate lol
    The fan broke My baby cousin broke it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincessBO$$)
    The fan broke My baby cousin broke it.
    damn kids lol jk
    Tsrsarahhhh everyone's fans are breaking

in that case I feel your pain bab excuse the pun but that's not ****ing cool...

ReputationRep:
    I normally sleep at normal hrs but in summer it always gets ****ed like with **** all to do now lol so I'm constantly crashing now at 5 am like. -__- Sick of it tbh. Not fun anymore, my mum told me I'm getting old when she saw me limping to the toilets like a zombie cuz I were so knackered :laugh:
    I am doing the exact same thing, trying to reset the schedule and my eyes are already drooping. I wanna sleep at 6pm so still another ten hours to ride out... Aw man

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dreadfuse)
    I am doing the exact same thing, trying to reset the schedule and my eyes are already drooping. I wanna sleep at 6pm so still another ten hours to ride out... Aw man
    yea I gave up on that and got a refill on my sleeper tabs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JustJusty)
    My record for staying awake is just over 37 hours. That was when I was 13, so there's no way I could beat it now (since I'm just permanently exhausted at this point in life).
    Think mine is about 44 or something. I had an exam and was up all night cramming, took some modafinil ('wakefulness' drug but actually kinda drains you in a strange way) and then came back from the exam and didn't sleep, tried to go on a night out. I remember being at the club and just staring at my friends in a daze, I suddenly dropped my drink and got really confused. And my mate pulled me into a toilet cubicle to tell me some 'life-changing' **** and I was too tired to freak out so I gave her the complete opposite advice I had intended. It was really awkward breaking to her what I really thought a week later lol.

ReputationRep:
    yea I gave up on that and got a refill on my sleeper tabs
    Nooo, you're bailing! I'm in this alone now, I will persevere, probably by watching Hannibal or something.

ReputationRep:
    Nooo, you're bailing! I'm in this alone now, I will persevere, probably by watching Hannibal or something.
    wtf no O___O

ReputationRep:
    wtf no O___O
    Why not? 10 hours works out to like twelve 45min episodes of something, anything will do I suppose.

ReputationRep:
    Why not? 10 hours works out to like twelve 45min episodes of something, anything will do I suppose.
    you don't mean hannibal the movie about the dude who ate people?

ReputationRep:
    Two days ago I had been up for 30 hours.

Going on 18 right now.

ReputationRep:
    you don't mean hannibal the movie about the dude who ate people?
    I meant the episodes, there is a series too. I figure if it's creepy it'll keep me awake.

ReputationRep:
    I meant the episodes, there is a series too. I figure if it's creepy it'll keep me awake.
    yea and then wehn you finally go bed all those horrible images will clash with your mind racing from no sleep
    don't say I didn't warn ya lol

ReputationRep:
    I'd hate to stay awake for so long because I love my sleep too much, but I once did stay awake for >24 hours. I travelled from Manhattan to JFK, waited for 9 hours, had a flight from New York to the UAE, then 3 hours to unpack and pack my suitcases, followed by a flight to Italy... And I simply couldn't sleep... I was busy watching movies

But usually when I can't sleep, I just daydream about my crushes... Seems to work so far :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raniafern)
    I'd hate to stay awake for so long because I love my sleep too much, but I once did stay awake for >24 hours. I travelled from Manhattan to JFK, waited for 9 hours, had a flight from New York to the UAE, then 3 hours to unpack and pack my suitcases, followed by a flight to Italy... And I simply couldn't sleep... I was busy watching movies

But usually when I can't sleep, I just daydream about my crushes... Seems to work so far :rofl:
    from Ny to UAE to Italy. Where the hell were you going? lol
    and are you not from England?

ReputationRep:
    yea and then wehn you finally go bed all those horrible images will clash with your mind racing from no sleep
    don't say I didn't warn ya lol
    Mmm, maybe... I once did this with an awful series called deadly women about female serial killers. It was a documentary but the re-enactments and the interviews were so cringe that the trauma never sank in, it was really weird.

ReputationRep:
    from Ny to UAE to Italy. Where the hell were you going? lol
    and are you not from England?
    Haha nope, I ain't English I'm Portuguese, and live in the UAE. I returned from a conference in the US, and we were going on a holiday... And uhhh, I was going to Italy

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.