The Student Room Group

Why does the left REFUSE to acknowledge Islams role in TERRORism?

Scroll to see replies

Well the left refuses to acknowledge Islams role in terrorism because its not Islams fault. At the end of the day any competent person can pick up a Quaran, read it and become convinced they have to kill people. We cant assign that blame to Islam. Its similar to when a Catholic priest if found to be fondling boys in his choir, we don't then place the blame on Christianity or the bible.Therefore it would be quite silly if every time there was a terrorist attacked the media attacked Islam as a whole.
Original post by QE2
If you think the analogy fails, you need to explain why.

Obviously.

I explained why with a question. Do you honestly think people go around saying "I'm a 12% follower of Islam"? :facepalm:

And you need to educate yourself on what a continuous variable is.
Reply 102
Original post by nexttimeigetvpn
I explained why with a question. .
You did not explain why the analogy fails. And you still haven't. Your question would appear to be a bit of a non sequitur.

Do you honestly think people go around saying "I'm a 12% follower of Islam"?
No. Why would you infer that from my reply?
But essentially, that is what is happening.

And you need to educate yourself on what a continuous variable is
The "degree to which someone follows Islam" is a scale from "not at all" (0%) to "absolutely" (100%). Therefore, any given Muslim's degree to which they follow Islam can be any point on that scale, thus it is a continuous variable.
Do you claim that it is a discrete variable?
Original post by QE2
You did not explain why the analogy fails. And you still haven't. Your question would appear to be a bit of a non sequitur.

No. Why would you infer that from my reply?
But essentially, that is what is happening.

The "degree to which someone follows Islam" is a scale from "not at all" (0%) to "absolutely" (100%). Therefore, any given Muslim's degree to which they follow Islam can be any point on that scale, thus it is a continuous variable.
Do you claim that it is a discrete variable?

If you can quantify someone's Islam following capacity with a number as simple as that, then gratz to you. But categoric variables are what every expert would use in this case.
Reply 104
Original post by nexttimeigetvpn
If you can quantify someone's Islam following capacity with a number as simple as that, then gratz to you. But categoric variables are what every expert would use in this case.
Obviously, I cannot quantify any given Muslim's degree of belief to a specific value, but theoretically, they all have one, on a scale from "not at all" to "absolutely".

Your argument was that it cannot be so.

And you still haven't explained why my drinks analogy was flawed. (TBH, it may be. I made it up on the spur of the moment, but you claimed it was flawed, so you need to explain why.)
What's more is why do they blame nationalism and other ideologies for all of the worlds ills and horrors of history while giving Islam a free pass?

By doing that, they are actually making us look at Islam with far more scrutiny all the time and making use criticise it more to compensate for the truth differential.
Reply 106
Original post by Foo.mp3
Because terrorism has nothing to do with ideology, and is purely about inequality, racism, Tories, and little kittens suffering :sad:

So you think that terrorism is because of inequality? So if you are poor you can go out and kill people? If you are under privileged it gives you a right to murder strangers and civilians?

Also explain to me why it is mostly Muslim terrorists that are committing the terror acts while shouting ''God is great'' (clearly connected to ideology).

Terrorism cannot be about Tories because there are plenty of countries dominated by the left which are getting attacked more in some cases, than those with right governments.

And I'll tell you why terrorism is exponentially increasing in occurrence. It's because the West, at the moment, is allowing it to happen. The West has no real control over the situation. Think about it. Anyone right now can go out and kill a crazy amount of people if they were committed. To be honest, I am not surprised at how many attacks are taking place.
Reply 107
Original post by Foo.mp3
I was parodying the imbecilic left fam, t'was satire :u:

See this thread FYR

Correct assessment. This lack of control will be used to justify more stringent controls where they are not needed as much, affecting the freedoms we all enjoy e.g. invasion of privacy, classification of more and more people as extremist (including those of us who have the audacity to tell it like it is with respect to failed multiculturalism and the unique threat posed by Islam) :rolleyes:

Yeah I had a feeling you weren't being serious after seeing your other posts, but I went and posted it just in case there was actually a naive leftist out and about on this thread.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending