Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Have you given blood before? watch

• View Poll Results: Have you given blood?
    Yes
    14.00%
    No
    55.40%
    No, but I plan on doing so soon.
    30.59%

(Original post by Reachin4TheStars)
    Awwhhh that's amazing! You're such an inspiration, honestly, you're basically willing to go that farr, saving someone's life! & High five gurll!
    Aw ty :3 I can say the same about you tho !! I am glad to see so much people willing to give their blood/organs tbh !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrenchUnicorn)
    Aw ty :3 I can say the same about you tho !! I am glad to see so much people willing to give their blood/organs tbh !
    No problem! True haha Yupp, it warms my heart for sure that there are people out there that care no matter what!

(Original post by Reachin4TheStars)
    No problem! True haha Yupp, it warms my heart for sure that there are people out there that care no matter what!
    :yep:
    PRSOM :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nexttime)
    You cannot choose what your blood gets used for no. It would be a logistical nightmare!

1 unit. Which is 450-500ml.

You can also donate platelets and bone marrow at most centres.
    So half a litre huh? Thats a lot imo, especially considering Im already dryer than a Vampire.

ReputationRep:
    As soon as my infected ingrown toenail clears up, I'll be eligible and I'll start.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't yet, but I'd love to some day, since my blood type is pretty in demand, or so I heard. As far as I know I would be eligible but I haven't had a check up in a while so that remains to be seen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ColossalAtom)
    I'm B+.
    I am A+ :3
    You ?
    I am O+

(Original post by AngryRedhead)
    I am O+
    Oh that's a rare one ! Have you donated yet/are you looking forward to it ? (:

ReputationRep:
    Done it, doesn't hurt, fine after, just have to follow the recommendations of drinking lots and eating before and after.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh that's a rare one ! Have you donated yet/are you looking forward to it ? (:
    Rare? Oh no, it's the most common blood group ever

I think you're thinking of O-.

Yes, I've donated twice and considering doing it again when I find the time

Rare? Oh no, it's the most common blood group ever

I think you're thinking of O-.

Yes, I've donated twice and considering doing it again when I find the time
    Oh my mistake I have read O- xD

Well glad you donate, that's great :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fefssdf)
    how do i go about giving blood ?
    In the UK theres a NHS website and app which tells you your closest locations and dates

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh my mistake I have read O- xD

Well glad you donate, that's great :yep:
    How are you anyway? I heard Joban made you upset? He needs a good :spank: that lad does.

Do you donate?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LillyB14)
    In the UK theres a NHS website and app which tells you your closest locations and dates

Posted from TSR Mobile
    thanks and is it true that you can't eat before or something , or can I just turn up ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fefssdf)
    thanks and is it true that you can't eat before or something , or can I just turn up ?
    I think they recommend the opposite for eating? You need a decent amount of sugar to keep your energy levels up, according to my girlfriend that is!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PugDevil)
    I think they recommend the opposite for eating? You need a decent amount of sugar to keep your energy levels up, according to my girlfriend that is!
    oh ok lol

ReputationRep:
    Yes. I would not do it again. Not worth the stress.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I really want to but I'm not allowed because of medical condition/s. I 100% would if I was able to though. It's very important.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by mrahim)
    Yes. I would not do it again. Not worth the stress.
    The person who's life you may have saved would probably disagree!

How are you anyway? I heard Joban made you upset? He needs a good :spank: that lad does.

Do you donate?
    Oh you've heard about it ?? xD
    Basically he keeps making dupes to bully me lol, because he was in a groupchat with me and other users, I called him a beg so he said something very VERY mean (won't detail publicly) and he got kicked out so he is still mad lol :' )

I am good ty How are you ?

I gave my blood twice as well but it's been one year I cannot anymore, I look forward to give again very soon tho :woo:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.