The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sr90
Agree that the UI is ****. I've got a fairly new laptop and can't get the full team to show on the screen :rolleyes:

Everything is so much bigger. Noticing that on quite a few websites in recent years. You could always zoom out on the web page to view it all at once, it makes it a more normal size.

Original post by sr90
Everyone said the same last year that there was a lot more value in premium mids than strikers and look how that worked out! With Kun & Ibra you can still get 2 premium (8.5+), two mid priced and a bench fodder which is decent i'd say. Plus if one of them gets injured or starts blanking it's easy to downgrade. I wouldn't want to be having to tear up my team GW2 to bring Aguero or Zlatan in if they had a good debut, for example.

Just realised my cheapest midfielder is 6.5. I should probably swap him for a 4.5 or 5 and upgrade one of the others to a more premium option.

Currently got Alli, Townsend, Tadic, Deulofeu, Ayew as my midfield. Might downgrade Deulofeu or Townsend and upgrade Tadic.
Original post by Sephiroth
Currently got Alli, Townsend, Tadic, Deulofeu, Ayew as my midfield. Might downgrade Deulofeu or Townsend and upgrade Tadic.

Yeh Townsend & Tadic could easily become 4.5m and Mkhitaryan/Payet/Mahrez/Ozil.

I'm a bit reluctant to get any Spurs players in at first given their awful first 3 fixtures and the fact that they're usually slow starters (3 wins from their first 9 in the last 2 seasons). The likes of Walker, Alli, Kane, Lloris etc have barely featured in pre season and may not be up to pace come GW1 either.
Original post by sr90
Everyone said the same last year that there was a lot more value in premium mids than strikers and look how that worked out! With Kun & Ibra you can still get 2 premium (8.5+), two mid priced and a bench fodder which is decent i'd say. Plus if one of them gets injured or starts blanking it's easy to downgrade. I wouldn't want to be having to tear up my team GW2 to bring Aguero or Zlatan in if they had a good debut, for example.

Yeah true I guess, it's just that you have Ozil and Payet who are both 9.5m but then you also have players like Mahrez and Alli, with the addition of goalscoring midfielders like Firmino too.

If I have Aguero and Ibra, is likely go for more creative/consistent midfielders but pricing is an issue. The only good thing is that there are one or two very decent low-price midfielders out there to make up for it.

Haven't even bothered with a Spurs midfielder/attacker - they aren't gonna be anything as good as last season and everybody is overpriced now...
Original post by sr90

I'm a bit reluctant to get any Spurs players in at first given their awful first 3 fixtures and the fact that they're usually slow starters (3 wins from their first 9 in the last 2 seasons). The likes of Walker, Alli, Kane, Lloris etc have barely featured in pre season and may not be up to pace come GW1 either.

When I looked at Spurs I thought they had one of the kindest set of fixtures to begin the season with. From game week 1 to 6 I only really see Liverpool as the difficult game. Game week 7 onwards their fixtures get trickier.

I don't fancy Payet to start with, West Ham have a rough start. Mkhitaryan seems like a gamble.
I've fallen into the trap of starting with the Ox like I did last season, annoying how he gets dropped after a few bad games but Ramsey gets a free pass every week. Hopefully this is the breakthrough season for the Ox.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ArsenalWenger
I've fallen into the trap of starting with the Ox like I did last season, annoying how he gets dropped after a few bad games but Ramsey gets a free pass every week. Hopefully this is the breakthrough season for the Ox.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hasn't he gone/did go a year without a goal and assist? Think it ended in the cup but he's an absolute nobody in FPL terms imo.
Original post by sr90

But Townsend and Tadic is much better than a 4.5 and a 9.5. Tadic's points per minute is really big, too. I currently have both.
Original post by Sephiroth
I don't fancy Payet to start with, West Ham have a rough start. Mkhitaryan seems like a gamble.

Mkhitaryan is a gamble, he hasn't looked that great in pre season tbh.

Original post by little_wizard123
But Townsend and Tadic is much better than a 4.5 and a 9.5. Tadic's points per minute is really big, too. I currently have both.

Southampton are likely to play two up front with Tadic in behind. If it wasn't for the EL i'd take him.

Think the point with that midfield was more that he's going to have a benching headache every week.
Original post by sr90
Southampton are likely to play two up front with Tadic in behind. If it wasn't for the EL i'd take him.

Think the point with that midfield was more that he's going to have a benching headache every week.

Yeah exactly. I rather have a fifth midfielder who only plays when one of my other four don't and as such priced around 4.5 or 5. But having five well rounded midfielders is a strategy in itself, you just bench whoever has the worst fixture.
Reply 109
Have joined. Team Name: AFC Diamonds

Already made multiple changes to my team in the last week and fully expect to make multiple more in the next 10 days, don't know how much attention I'm going to pay to pre-season form, although when it's like Andre Gray's pre-season form, it's hard to ignore. Deulofeu's also been pretty good too apparently, so considering giving him a go as well. Determined to ensure I have a much stronger start than last season, but you can never quite know really, the start of last season shocked even the most experienced of FPL players iirc.
(edited 7 years ago)
I'll be choosing my 15 five minutes before the deadline because the UI is making me feel sick
Aguero, Negredo and Batshuayi in attack
No love for Iheanacho?

Also, :lol: @ the new UI...what the actual **** were they thinking?
Finally picked a **** squad.

Team name: Joey's Jokers

Joesdad's team is: Breatheasy

Dumb ass question but if you buy a player who's say 8m now and he has a great start and goes to 9m, can you sell them for 9, or do you only get 8 as it was your purchase price?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by joey11223
Dumb ass question but if you buy a player who's say 8m now and he has a great start and goes to 9m, can you sell them for 9, or do you only get 8 as it was your purchase price?

You get 8.5. Basically for every 0.2 increase in value since your purchase you get 0.1 back when selling.
Gabrial now injured... sounds like horrific injury.
Original post by mr tim
Gabrial now injured... sounds like horrific injury.

Damn. Was hoping Firmino would be a nice early differential in my team, after this weekend everyone will own him :sad:
32 people in the league, not bad, will be nice to get 40 before the season starts!

Only 8 in the H2H
Think I'm going for the Ibra & Aguero with 9 average mid price players approach, can easily be changed with a gw4 wildcard if it doesn't go well...

Subs : Ibe, Browning, Paredes, Pickford

Defence : Delaney, Dawson , Friend

Midfield : Bojan, Deulofeu, Erikson, Coutinho

Strikers : Aguero, Ibrahimovic, Costa
Original post by mccrae01
Think I'm going for the Ibra & Aguero with 9 average mid price players approach, can easily be changed with a gw4 wildcard if it doesn't go well...

Subs : Ibe, Browning, Paredes, Pickford

Defence : Delaney, Dawson , Friend

Midfield : Bojan, Deulofeu, Erikson, Coutinho

Strikers : Aguero, Ibrahimovic, Costa

I'm gonna have to join you with Aguero and Ibra

Gonna mess up the rest of my team but just can't afford not to have them really.

I guess there are a lot of defensive injuries though so could cheap out at the back a little...

Latest