The Bell Jar - Sylvia Plath
    Brideshead Revisited - Evelyn Waugh
    Animal Farm - George Orwell

What The Birds See by Sonya Hartnett

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scottus_Mus)
    My Top Three Books In No Particular Order:

The Bell Jar - Sylvia Plath
    I love that book . It's kinda depressing (I know it's suppossed to be). I read it when I was 12. It's also supossed to be autobiographical.

ReputationRep:
    I don't really have one in particular i love 1984 by George Orwell it's a great dystopian novel much like Margaret Atwood's The Handmaid's Tale. I'm really into my old classics as well such as Wuthering Heights and i love Little Women by Louisa May Alcott - i've read that at least 4 times.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, some classics are good....i especially luv Little Women and Good Wives.
    I have also been reading Meg Cabot lately...such cute funny stories.
    But my fav is Artemis Fowl. The best....luv it so much^^

ReputationRep:
    The Harry Potter series are my favourite. After those, it would be Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides, closely followed by Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman. I'm also a big fan of the first three Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice (after the third, they rapidly went downhill).

ReputationRep:
    My absolute favourite is To Kill A Mockingbird, followed by The Great Gatsby.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Jen~)
    My absolute favourite is To Kill A Mockingbird, followed by The Great Gatsby.
    Woo! Mine is TKAMB as well!! And then it's the His Dark Materials Trilogy!

ReputationRep:
    has to be pride & prejudice! my absolute fav, read it a gazillion times. others include anne of green gables, the lion the witch and the wardrobe..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emma2587)
    I don't really have one in particular i love 1984 by George Orwell it's a great dystopian novel much like Margaret Atwood's The Handmaid's Tale. I'm really into my old classics as well such as Wuthering Heights and i love Little Women by Louisa May Alcott - i've read that at least 4 times.
    The Handmaids Tale? Is incredible. No-one I know really appreciates it though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emma2587)
    What did you think of animal farm then?

ReputationRep:
    Not sure if I have a 'favourite' book but I read 'The Saving Graces' recently and it has to be one of the best I've ever read. Anyone else read it? I highly recommend it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kit_Kat)
    Not sure if I have a 'favourite' book but I read 'The Saving Graces' recently and it has to be one of the best I've ever read. Anyone else read it? I highly recommend it!
    Who is it by please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jayjayjay)
    Who is it by please?
    Patricia Gaffney

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ayaan)
    The Handmaids Tale? Is incredible. No-one I know really appreciates it though.
    handmaids tale is great, i agree that no-one appreciates it, especially as it is on the as-level syllabus, everyone ends up hating it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jayjayjay)
    What did you think of animal farm then?
    Personally, i prefer it to 1984, but i liked Down and Out in Paris and London better than both of them!
    My fave book ever has to be The Beach by Alex Garland, shame about the awful film...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kit_Kat)
    Patricia Gaffney
    Thanky!

ReputationRep:
    Films really do seem to ruin the book, in comparison I always prefer the book. You would have to be a very good director to get it just right!

ReputationRep:
    I think I'm one of those rare people who like the LOTR movies more than the books.

ReputationRep:
    the hobbit!! wat a read! can't wait for the film!

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.