Bake off 2016!!!

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BobSausage)
    x

That's incredible! Is that spun sugar/caramel over the top?

ReputationRep:
    Wow mobbsy91 Fox Corner They all look great, well except that chocolate fondant? that mobbsy made . I didn't think I had any pictures of my bakes on my computer, but I realised I did have this: (It was the chocolate and salted caramel tart I made for my catering exam last year. My catering teacher even branded it 'exquisite' on the feedback sheet for my exam.)
    Attachment 573290
    (Sorry the pic isn't very high quality)
    **** that looks divine! Wanna bake me one???

Also, damn you! It wasn't a chocolate tart!!! It was brownies I made, however, it was at uni, and we only have microwave ovens, so it really ****ed it up - I basically spooned it all out the pan, and then left it to harden on the plate. Despite it being messy, it tasted amazing tbf!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fox Corner)
    That's incredible! Is that spun sugar/caramel over the top?
    Thanks.
    And yes it is spun sugar, I remember what a mess I made of it though, I managed to get strands of sugar all down the front of the cupboard and all over the side.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks.
    And yes it is spun sugar, I remember what a mess I made of it though, I managed to get strands of sugar all down the front of the cupboard and all over the side.
    Always gotta crack a few eggs... Although in this case, it seems more liked ****ing up the kitchen sounds aobut right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    **** that looks divine! Wanna bake me one???

Also, damn you! It wasn't a chocolate tart!!! It was brownies I made, however, it was at uni, and we only have microwave ovens, so it really ****ed it up - I basically spooned it all out the pan, and then left it to harden on the plate. Despite it being messy, it tasted amazing tbf!
    :rofl3:I have yet to experience the horrors of a uni kitchen. And I mean the taste is all that matters really.

As for the spun sugar...The worst thing about it was that was only the dessert, I made a main meal on the other side, and by the end all 4 small workstations I was given to cook on were a complete mess and there was a small mountain of washing up piling up by the sink. Disaster chef doesn't even begin to describe what happened on that day, but somehow I managed to get full marks for that exam.
    :rofl3:

ReputationRep:
    :rofl3:I have yet to experience the horrors of a uni kitchen. And I mean the taste is all that matters really.

As for the spun sugar...The worst thing about it was that was only the dessert, I made a main meal on the other side, and by the end all 4 small workstations I was given to cook on were a complete mess and there was a small mountain of washing up piling up by the sink. Disaster chef doesn't even begin to describe what happened on that day, but somehow I managed to get full marks for that exam.
    :rofl3:
    Haha, fairs fairs fairs xD It does sound like a lot of fun in any case though!

ReputationRep:
    3 days to Bake Off.

ReputationRep:
    3 days to Bake Off.
    Exciting!!!! I don't think I'll be able to watch totally live, so may have to ignore the thread at 8 for a little till I watch it

ReputationRep:
    4 hours to bake off!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bobsausage)
    4 hours to bake off!
    exciting times!!! :d :d :d

ReputationRep:
    Checking in :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Screw it I'll watch an episode for once.

ReputationRep:
    BAKE OFF IS FINALLY HERE! :woo: :woo: :woo:

I'm so excited!

(Original post by MrDystopia)
    Screw it I'll watch an episode for once.

ReputationRep:
    ****! All trains from my station are delayed, so very good chance I'm gonna miss getting back from work in time to watch it live!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slowbro93)
    The other purples convinced me

ReputationRep:
    i'm so happy bake off is on tonight because it will take my mind off worrying about results day tomorrow!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by quiiddle)
    i'm so happy bake off is on tonight because it will take my mind off worrying about results day tomorrow!!
    Yes haha - it'll kill time!

ReputationRep:
    I only started watching it last year and got really into it- so I'm super excited for tonight. The last time I baked anything was a good few years ago: triple chocolate fudge oreo brownies

Name:  381687_10151115716935766_979355851_n.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  56.3 KB*

ReputationRep:
    I can't be at my computer and watch at the same time, I have to watch it on the TV with the family and I only have a desktop.

ReputationRep:
    Love Bake Off

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 30, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.