Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Bake off 2016!!! Watch

Announcements
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BobSausage)
    x

That's incredible! Is that spun sugar/caramel over the top?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Wow mobbsy91 Fox Corner They all look great, well except that chocolate fondant? that mobbsy made . I didn't think I had any pictures of my bakes on my computer, but I realised I did have this: (It was the chocolate and salted caramel tart I made for my catering exam last year. My catering teacher even branded it 'exquisite' on the feedback sheet for my exam.)
    Attachment 573290
    (Sorry the pic isn't very high quality)
    **** that looks divine! Wanna bake me one???

Also, damn you! It wasn't a chocolate tart!!! It was brownies I made, however, it was at uni, and we only have microwave ovens, so it really ****ed it up - I basically spooned it all out the pan, and then left it to harden on the plate. Despite it being messy, it tasted amazing tbf!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fox Corner)
    That's incredible! Is that spun sugar/caramel over the top?
    Thanks.
    And yes it is spun sugar, I remember what a mess I made of it though, I managed to get strands of sugar all down the front of the cupboard and all over the side.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Thanks.
    And yes it is spun sugar, I remember what a mess I made of it though, I managed to get strands of sugar all down the front of the cupboard and all over the side.
    Always gotta crack a few eggs... Although in this case, it seems more liked ****ing up the kitchen sounds aobut right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    **** that looks divine! Wanna bake me one???

Also, damn you! It wasn't a chocolate tart!!! It was brownies I made, however, it was at uni, and we only have microwave ovens, so it really ****ed it up - I basically spooned it all out the pan, and then left it to harden on the plate. Despite it being messy, it tasted amazing tbf!
    :rofl3:I have yet to experience the horrors of a uni kitchen. And I mean the taste is all that matters really.

As for the spun sugar...The worst thing about it was that was only the dessert, I made a main meal on the other side, and by the end all 4 small workstations I was given to cook on were a complete mess and there was a small mountain of washing up piling up by the sink. Disaster chef doesn't even begin to describe what happened on that day, but somehow I managed to get full marks for that exam.
    :rofl3:
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    :rofl3:I have yet to experience the horrors of a uni kitchen. And I mean the taste is all that matters really.

As for the spun sugar...The worst thing about it was that was only the dessert, I made a main meal on the other side, and by the end all 4 small workstations I was given to cook on were a complete mess and there was a small mountain of washing up piling up by the sink. Disaster chef doesn't even begin to describe what happened on that day, but somehow I managed to get full marks for that exam.
    :rofl3:
    Haha, fairs fairs fairs xD It does sound like a lot of fun in any case though!

ReputationRep:
    3 days to Bake Off.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    3 days to Bake Off.
    Exciting!!!! I don't think I'll be able to watch totally live, so may have to ignore the thread at 8 for a little till I watch it

ReputationRep:
    4 hours to bake off!
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bobsausage)
    4 hours to bake off!
    exciting times!!! :d :d :d
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Checking in :cool:
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Screw it I'll watch an episode for once.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    BAKE OFF IS FINALLY HERE! :woo: :woo: :woo:

I'm so excited!

(Original post by MrDystopia)
    Screw it I'll watch an episode for once.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    ****! All trains from my station are delayed, so very good chance I'm gonna miss getting back from work in time to watch it live!
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slowbro93)
    The other purples convinced me

ReputationRep:
    i'm so happy bake off is on tonight because it will take my mind off worrying about results day tomorrow!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by quiiddle)
    i'm so happy bake off is on tonight because it will take my mind off worrying about results day tomorrow!!
    Yes haha - it'll kill time!

ReputationRep:
    I only started watching it last year and got really into it- so I'm super excited for tonight. The last time I baked anything was a good few years ago: triple chocolate fudge oreo brownies

Name:  381687_10151115716935766_979355851_n.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  56.3 KB*

ReputationRep:
    I can't be at my computer and watch at the same time, I have to watch it on the TV with the family and I only have a desktop.

ReputationRep:
    Love Bake Off

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.