The Current Year 13 Thread 2016-2017

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    How on earth am I going to get to Durham for the open day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by isabella1999)
    What was Nottingham like? It looks really nice but I won't get a chance to go to an open day
    Nottingham was my favourite open day - beautiful campus and it was so well organised, got to talk to loads of students and they all seemed to really enjoy it. What seems to put people off is that it isn't in the city centre, but I asked the students and they said the buses are quite good and that if you chip in for a taxi it's quite cheap.

ReputationRep:
    1. Have people visited the uni's they would like to go to yet? I have visited Cambridge, Royal Holloway, Imperial, Queens Mary, Greenwhich for a variety of events. No but I might visit Surrey as it is close.

2. How are your personal statements getting along?Haven't started it yet however I have a lot of notes for each section. My personal statement is gonna bang!

3. What subjects are you currently studying and, what do you hope to study at uni (give the 5 uni's you want to go to)
    I currently study Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry and Physics. I may pick up AS Computer Science in year 13 when I drop Physics. Maths at uni is the goal. Choices: Bath, Manchester, Surrey, Nottingham and Southampton!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dynamic_Vicz)
    1. Have people visited the uni's they would like to go to yet? I have visited Cambridge, Royal Holloway, Imperial, Queens Mary, Greenwhich for a variety of events. No but I might visit Surrey as it is close.

2. How are your personal statements getting along?Haven't started it yet however I have a lot of notes for each section. My personal statement is gonna bang!

3. What subjects are you currently studying and, what do you hope to study at uni (give the 5 uni's you want to go to)
    I currently study Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry and Physics. I may pick up AS Computer Science in year 13 when I drop Physics. Maths at uni is the goal. Choices: Bath, Manchester, Surrey, Nottingham and Southampton!
    I'm thinking of applying to Bath for maths too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swagmister)
    I'm thinking of applying to Bath for maths too!
    Oh really, Cool!! What about your other choices? Subjects you currently study?

ReputationRep:
    Oh really, Cool!! What about your other choices? Subjects you currently study?
    I'm not sure still need to some more research but maybe Leeds, possibly Southampton and then Warwick if my predicted grades are good. Maths, further maths, physics and economics but I'm dropping economics for A2

ReputationRep:
    X
    X
    Bath Maths is likely going to be one of my choices too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamestg)
    How on earth am I going to get to Durham for the open day
    I'm thinking the same thing, I don't think I can get a lift and trains are crazy expensive

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure still need to some more research but maybe Leeds, possibly Southampton and then Warwick if my predicted grades are good. Maths, further maths, physics and economics but I'm dropping economics for A2
    I was considering going Warwick at first but my GCSE grades aren't good enough . Yeah Southampton is definitely one of my choices. Economics tho

ReputationRep:
    I was considering going Warwick at first but my GCSE grades aren't good enough . Yeah Southampton is definitely one of my choices. Economics tho
    You never know you could give it a shot! What about economics haha?

ReputationRep:
    You never know you could give it a shot! What about economics haha?
    Economics is essay based right? You are more versatile than me academic wise !

ReputationRep:
    Economics is essay based right? You are more versatile than me academic wise !
    Yep the max mark for a question in edexcel is 20 I actually hate writing lol I didn't realised how essay based it was until I started it came out with A though but if I could go back I think I might have chosen Computing

ReputationRep:
    Yep the max mark for a question in edexcel is 20 I actually hate writing lol I didn't realised how essay based it was until I started it came out with A though but if I could go back I think I might have chosen Computing
    Haha that's ironic because I started off year 12 with Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry and Computing. On enrolment I was going to pick economics but the guy said there was little mathematics invoved ... Do you mind us continuing our convo via PM?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zedna)
    Nottingham was my favourite open day - beautiful campus and it was so well organised, got to talk to loads of students and they all seemed to really enjoy it. What seems to put people off is that it isn't in the city centre, but I asked the students and they said the buses are quite good and that if you chip in for a taxi it's quite cheap.
    Aw that's nice, and phew that's good! Good to know its a nice place

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DibbyDabby)
    Got my UKCAT in two weeks so I'm focusing on that rather than my personal statement
    Mine is in around two weeks too, and good plan!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lubna1998)
    I stayed in Nottingham for a summer school and I loved it! I don't know if it's just the area I stayed it (Derby Halls) but there were loads of nice fields and scenery and it all had a very close knit campus feel to it. The town centre isn't too far from the uni either. I might be a little biased though
    Aw that's good! Wish I had done a summer school or something, sounds so good. They UKCAT heavy or not?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone interested in applying for Economics?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Where are you thinking of applying?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I do English lit, psychology and history. I got AAC on results day, the c in English lit which was obviously upsetting as I want to do English lit at Warwick. Do you guys think it's worth applying or should I forget about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ElGenioEstúpido)
    Anyone interested in applying for Economics?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by ElGenioEstúpido)
    Where are you thinking of applying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yep

Bath, Durham, Exeter, Surrey and Nottingham.

Might look at Oxford and/or Warwick if I build up the courage.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 4, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.