Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton? Watch

• View Poll Results: Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton?
    Trump
    50.52%
    Clinton
    49.48%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    You sure?

ptttfffffff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Opinion)
    I specifically said chose one. Don't be a coward and pick one.
    Why should I pick one? I want to live in a society where everyone is accepted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corax)
    Why should I pick one? I want to live in a society where everyone is accepted.
    That is not the question or the option available.

You either believe in gay rights or you believe in mass Muslim migration, you cannot believe in the two. Open your eyes.

ReputationRep:
    We need more people like trump who get visibly outraged. That is what we
    need to see in politics

ReputationRep:
    I'm a democrat but I refuse to vote for Hillary. Trump well no need to explain there...

We really did get the *****y end of the stick but in this case both sides of the stick are ****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bryci)
    I'm a democrat but I refuse to vote for Hillary. Trump well no need to explain there...

We really did get the *****y end of the stick but in this case both sides of the stick are ****
    Gary Johnson? :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    I like neither but I'd go for trump.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Wow. Can't believe how much pro-trumpness there is.

ReputationRep:
    America has been top-dog since 1945 and has tried to lord over the world with its type of government and its perverted interpretation of liberty and freedom. It has opposed the two main communist states in Russia and China and has profited with the world being in fear of both of them. But here's the thing, both these states have embraced American capitalist ideals and free market economies and are leaving America behind. They also do not care what the rest of the world says or thinks - they just do it. Bizarrely, America's downfall is a result of financing jihadists to rise up against communist oppressors for these same jihadists to turn on the hand that fed, trained and monied them. The de-stabilisation of many other countries economies and governments is now back-firing on them and America is having to deal with huge domestic issues as well as trying to protect or preserve all their involvements overseas. The fear of someone like Trump coming to power seriouslyy jeapordises the interests of the poweratti of American politics and business - Trump is his own man and will make America isolationist to correct all of its social and domestic issues.

Clinton wants to continue the Marshall plan style of economics whereby America polices the world and the world pays for it and also supports the American economy with goods. Why do you think Obama has been footering around with Cuba? The Marshall Plan is a democrat policy from ww2. The Democrats are ****wits and cause more problems around the world than anything the Republicans could ever dream of. Trump has bypassed all of that and he is his own man, answerable to no-one and has self-financed the campaign. That is what scares all the other politicians because he will do as a president what he has done running a global media and leisure business. - ruthlessly. I'm not a fan of Trump but I think he would be certainly different as a president and maybe what the USA needs is a shake-up/wake-up call internally and that it is no longer viewed as the greatest nation on earth. Biggest cause of trouble though. Observing the darker aspects of politics and the pish that these charlatans are involved in - nothing is done for our benefit - it is always about them and what they can get out of it. Hence the opposition to Trump - he doesn't give a toss about who he upsets, he isn't financed by monied agendas and rails against the expectation of American politics. Clinton is a horrible woman from New England money and agendas. She never turned against her husband because it would have damaged her own political ambitions. she could have burned him with monicagate or the accusaions of financial impropriety, but she didn't because it would have halted her own political aspirations - she needed finance and support and to get that, she played the role of the good wife who turned a blind eye to her husband's indiscretions.

Sanders just a smug tit that I don't trust. The smarm and schmooz stuff just irritates me, Comes from money, is financed by money and is only interested in money. He will do anything to get power. Can't run for President if not USA born. But he's far too Corbynesque for me and full of liberal/leftist leanings that cannot, realistically, ever be implemented into a federal commonwealth of 50 sovereign territories, i.e. the USA. He probably means well and has has principled desires to effect change in American society and how the country is perceived overseas, but like most Democratic presidents, will fall short on his promises or will taken the country further into the mire. Obama, as the first Afro-American president has being a disappointment, Clinton was nothing more than a puppet on a string for Democrat financiers and backers (he was also a serial shag-meister), Carter was just a peanut farmer that tried to talk big and failed, Lyndon Johnson tried to continue the Kennedy legacy and made a complete arse of it with Vietnam, Kennedy was not the blue-eyed, American golden boy that we are meant to believe - he was assassinated by the American establishment, as was his brother when he was about to become a presidential candidate - don't be fooled by the mythology about the Kennedys. They were serious political animals up to their ears in scandal and deceit and the world we now live in is as a result of JFK's pompous political ambitions and dreams. Back to Sanders, his jewish origins and leftish leanings will be turned against him by radical red-necks and right-wingers who will demonise him over the next few months. If he does get the presidency, it will be only for one term, that's if he lasts the 4 years. Strange things happen to people.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Sanders is better than them both put together. I wouldn't vote tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh if I was an American I would just stage a voting boycott
    Spoiler:
    Show
    It worked for Rosa Parks:crossedf::deal:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Choo.choo)
    America has been top-dog since 1945 and has tried to lord over the world with its type of government and its perverted interpretation of liberty and freedom. It has opposed the two main communist states in Russia and China and has profited with the world being in fear of both of them. But here's the thing, both these states have embraced American capitalist ideals and free market economies and are leaving America behind. They also do not care what the rest of the world says or thinks - they just do it. Bizarrely, America's downfall is a result of financing jihadists to rise up against communist oppressors for these same jihadists to turn on the hand that fed, trained and monied them. The de-stabilisation of many other countries economies and governments is now back-firing on them and America is having to deal with huge domestic issues as well as trying to protect or preserve all their involvements overseas. The fear of someone like Trump coming to power seriouslyy jeapordises the interests of the poweratti of American politics and business - Trump is his own man and will make America isolationist to correct all of its social and domestic issues.

Clinton wants to continue the Marshall plan style of economics whereby America polices the world and the world pays for it and also supports the American economy with goods. Why do you think Obama has been footering around with Cuba? The Marshall Plan is a democrat policy from ww2. The Democrats are ****wits and cause more problems around the world than anything the Republicans could ever dream of. Trump has bypassed all of that and he is his own man, answerable to no-one and has self-financed the campaign. That is what scares all the other politicians because he will do as a president what he has done running a global media and leisure business. - ruthlessly. I'm not a fan of Trump but I think he would be certainly different as a president and maybe what the USA needs is a shake-up/wake-up call internally and that it is no longer viewed as the greatest nation on earth. Biggest cause of trouble though. Observing the darker aspects of politics and the pish that these charlatans are involved in - nothing is done for our benefit - it is always about them and what they can get out of it. Hence the opposition to Trump - he doesn't give a toss about who he upsets, he isn't financed by monied agendas and rails against the expectation of American politics. Clinton is a horrible woman from New England money and agendas. She never turned against her husband because it would have damaged her own political ambitions. she could have burned him with monicagate or the accusaions of financial impropriety, but she didn't because it would have halted her own political aspirations - she needed finance and support and to get that, she played the role of the good wife who turned a blind eye to her husband's indiscretions.

Sanders just a smug tit that I don't trust. The smarm and schmooz stuff just irritates me, Comes from money, is financed by money and is only interested in money. He will do anything to get power. Can't run for President if not USA born. But he's far too Corbynesque for me and full of liberal/leftist leanings that cannot, realistically, ever be implemented into a federal commonwealth of 50 sovereign territories, i.e. the USA. He probably means well and has has principled desires to effect change in American society and how the country is perceived overseas, but like most Democratic presidents, will fall short on his promises or will taken the country further into the mire. Obama, as the first Afro-American president has being a disappointment, Clinton was nothing more than a puppet on a string for Democrat financiers and backers (he was also a serial shag-meister), Carter was just a peanut farmer that tried to talk big and failed, Lyndon Johnson tried to continue the Kennedy legacy and made a complete arse of it with Vietnam, Kennedy was not the blue-eyed, American golden boy that we are meant to believe - he was assassinated by the American establishment, as was his brother when he was about to become a presidential candidate - don't be fooled by the mythology about the Kennedys. They were serious political animals up to their ears in scandal and deceit and the world we now live in is as a result of JFK's pompous political ambitions and dreams. Back to Sanders, his jewish origins and leftish leanings will be turned against him by radical red-necks and right-wingers who will demonise him over the next few months. If he does get the presidency, it will be only for one term, that's if he lasts the 4 years. Strange things happen to people.
    Well that was a load of *******s.

Well done

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Name:  hillaryendorse.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  70.2 KB

ReputationRep:
    Honestly I feel like personally its not an easy decision. Both are terrible.
    We get our positives and negatives from each but I think i'm leaning a bit more towards Trump.

Only because he seems like the more ideal person to deal with the big problems america face.

However my opinion may change.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supersaps)
    Wow. Can't believe how much pro-trumpness there is.
    Yes, it is almost like not all people believe the media lies and bent truths.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KillaryKlinton)
    Name:  hillaryendorse.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  70.2 KB
    The barbarism of such politicians puts Daesh to shame.

ReputationRep:
    Trump. Despite the usual social and economic liberal propaganda, he's less inclined to war when it's pointless, he only wants to deal with ISIS. He would maybe build more constructive relations with Russia, which would be good for us and the world, as in this country it seems like the cultural left spins against Russia and makes it out to be something it isn't. The American public will be sending a message, if they vote Hillary, that establishment is validated, they can keep the people afraid of the alternative, can reward their complacency and give them more of the same. More neo-liberalism for them.
    Like with Brexit, it's not just about this vote, actually I'd say presidential power is reasonably constrained by the US system. It's about sparking other things. To me, if you chose establishment in both votes, you validate this oppressiveness, this consensus, and you also demoralize a wider spectrum of people who want real change in different ways. However if you reject it....possibilities stem from there. There is always a more long term picture and a pendulum, as in securing Brexit with a more right wing government over here could result in a more genuinely left and radical Labour government that offers real democratic choice and a real alternative in upcoming years. And Democrats who don't really want Hillary should see that Trump election would confirm that the Democrats had got it badly wrong, especially if a lot of swing voters or Sanders supporters voted for him. The Democrats would have to offer a bolder and more revolutionary vision, come up with a young radical candidate.

I think people's main error is to vote for their usual party tribally based on whether which president(or PM)they are voting for apparently has policies closer to their views, even though that person has shifted their policies so far over to the other side. This can be in the case of Labour or the Democrats moving economics to the right, or the Tories moving social policy left.
    By doing that they validate not only a lesser democratic choice, and a stifling, stagnant political paradigm. I think in the UK, many people who are Bennites or left leaning on economics did this stupidly by voting tribally for Tony Blair, people who are social conservatives and against mass immigration do it by voting for the Blairites in the Tories like Cameron. By voting with blind loyalty for these type of candidates, who are taking your party away from where you want it to be, rather than for the opposition that will, quite healthily, always be on another part of the spectrum, what people do is validate the continuation of the same situation in future elections.

Anyway, I just got really into that rant.

In short, if you have time to read:

I feel strongly we in the west should totally reject consensus, undemocratic politics by voting in a short termist fashion for redundant tribal identities. These phoney tribes that serve to perpetuate endlessly more pernicious underlying forces and the societal trends they create.

ReputationRep:
    I would go Trump. Any day everyday.Not only is HIllary MUCH worse, but he is in general a more charismatic person in my opinion.The media and a lot of people portray him as the worst guy ever. But honestly, he wasn't the one that voted for the Iraq which killed thousands of innocents (Hillary), he wasn't the one that dismissed and fought women when they came out against BIll Clinton (HIllary), he wasn't the one that pushed for the intervention in Libya which to this day put the country in ruins (Hillary), he wasn't the one that pushed for arming "moderate rebels" in Syria who are in reality Islamic terrorists aka ISIS (Hillary). We can go on and on, anyone that says Hillary is better is clueless and ignorant. Oh lets not forget that she takes millions from Saudi donors to push for their interest.Building a wall to keep illegal Mexicans out isn't racist either, Mexico does the same thing on their southern boarder. How is it racist to have a boarder?.

ReputationRep:
    Woah wtf so many people like trump

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corax)
    Without doubt: Hillary.

Trump is the only man on this earth who can sort this country out. As a hispanic I believe that his immigration policies are completely right. Hillary only gets votes because she's a woman and all the whining feminists want more money they don't deserve. People are afraid of trump because they know he is the only man that can send a message to the bureaucrats and speak to the common american person and not to the liberal media.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.