GLS training contract application

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by De Minimis)
    Well, at least we got this far.

Really beginning to wonder whether the standard for the CRT is ridiculously high - or whether I am just not built for those types of tests

That's my applications done for the Summer. Tomorrow is another day I suppose - time to dust myself off and focus for the exams ahead #downbutnotout
    I was offered an assessment place, but this is my third year on the trot and the 1st time I've gotten this far. Don't get down hearted. I had 5 years doing the fast stream and never got even as close as the e-tray!

If you're headed to Bar school you'll have to the horrid BCAT anyway, it's pretty similar to the CRT and might just give you that little edge for next time.

ReputationRep:
    Pfo! Next year will hopefully be the year....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by divamk)
    Pfo! Next year will hopefully be the year....
    Was it your first time trying?
    It was my first time but I'm already 23 years old. I worry this is it for me..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scragglefrock)
    Been told I passed the CRT but didn't score high enough overall to get a place at assessment centre... Gutted... 😢
    Same. It's tough because you need to be in the top 150 out of thousands. I wanna know what percentile I was in though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dbdb)
    I was 23/4 (cant quite remember) and I know older who have made it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dbdb)
    Yeah it was. I tried last year but there was an error with my application so it wasn't submitted. So technically yes my first attempt. I'm also 23

ReputationRep:
    I'm not giving up!

ReputationRep:
    I know there has already been helpful advice posted on here about the interview, but does anyone have any tips on how to handle the assessment centre? I'm particularly thinking about how to impress on the written exercise and the motivational questions.

The GLS has been more helpful than any employer I've encountered in providing information on what the process will be like, but any tips from those who have been through it in previous years would be invaluable!!

I was also wondering if anyone had any insight into the departmental selection form? Go for the dept. with the most spaces as most preferable or do they not really take this into account in the selection process?

Any advice would be most appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    Have those who have already done the AC already found out if they passed or failed it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simba03)
    Have those who have already done the AC already found out if they passed or failed it?
    We find out if we passed AC tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AustinTX)
    I wouldn't hold your breath, as the AC is still going on tomorrow. I'm guessing they will want to do standardisation together and since they won't start marking until all interviews are over I would have guessed Tuesday at the earliest.

ReputationRep:
    Did they let you know it would be Thursday? Will be looking out in email tomorrow if that's the case!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simba03)
    Did they let you know it would be Thursday? Will be looking out in email tomorrow if that's the case!
    I was told today was the last day of AC and they'd let us know if we'd passed tomorrow. Then they'll tell us if we have a TC by the 1st Sept.

ReputationRep:
    It says on the website that they will let us know if we have passed the AC tomorrow (the 26th) and then if we got the job on the 1st

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LawMe)
    It says on the website that they will let us know if we have passed the AC tomorrow (the 26th) and then if we got the job on the 1st
    You're right. I checked and they'll let us know by 8pm tomorrow. They're now saying we'll find out about the TC on 1st or 2nd.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LawMe)
    Anyone heard yet?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard yet?
    Nope

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LawMe)
    Nope
    This waiting is driving me crazy!!

ReputationRep:
    This waiting is driving me crazy!!
    PFO

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by monokurobuu)
    PFO
    Me too

I'll be interested to see my feedback!

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 4, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
What is your favourite day of the week
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.