Turn on thread page Beta

How long have you been apart from your partner for? watch

ReputationRep:
    I got to see my bf this weekend which was amazing (so currently 9 1/2 hours), but I now won't see him again for the next 15 weeks.

I'm feeling ****ing miserable about it atm.

ReputationRep:
    My bf has been away for nearly 5 weeks now, but he's coming to mine tonight, don't think I've been this happy in ages

ReputationRep:
    In three years, we've been apart a grand total of two weeks! Uni's going to be hard

ReputationRep:
    ahh its difficult... I keep going from being quite happy n positive one minute to being absolutely depressed in the space of about 10 minutes

ReputationRep:
    about 1 year but yesterday she back in my am hhehe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prettygreeneyes99)
    ahh its difficult... I keep going from being quite happy n positive one minute to being absolutely depressed in the space of about 10 minutes
    I know exactly what you mean! It's one of the worst things about being apart, constant emotional change. It's never a good thing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vincent_Valentine)
    I know exactly what you mean! It's one of the worst things about being apart, constant emotional change. It's never a good thing!
    nope, Im not even a sort of person who cries very often! .. would make it sooo much easier if I could stay in a positive, happy mood for the next 3 weeks and sort of get used to being apart from him.. but its 6 days in and Im not getting used to it in the slightest! Oh well, thank god for my friends, dont get to see them too often but they keep me sane

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prettygreeneyes99)
    nope, Im not even a sort of person who cries very often! .. would make it sooo much easier if I could stay in a positive, happy mood for the next 3 weeks and sort of get used to being apart from him.. but its 6 days in and Im not getting used to it in the slightest! Oh well, thank god for my friends, dont get to see them too often but they keep me sane
    Friends help alot, most of the time they don't even know that they are helping but it's so good not having to think about the distance. I hope the rest of the time goes past swiftly for you! I've got about 3/4 weeks yet depending on whether I can get the money to visit again. Selling things is much harder than I thought!

ReputationRep:
    Yea I mean the first 5 days went pretty quickly and was feeling quite positive thinking that the rest of the time would go as fast, and then yesterday was awful! My friends dragged me out last night though which did cheer me up at the time, but woke up again this morning feeling sad & depressed.. but now Im feeling okay again! ..not nice at all as when I get all depressed about it I cant seem to get myself back into a happy mood, just have to let it run its course but yea I hope the time passes quickly for you as well!

(Original post by Jozeesh)
    God, my boyf has gone on hols for 2 weeks and i thought that was bad. I've got a lot of respect for all you guys who have to go months without seeing your other halves
    Haha, ditto. He's gone away for FOUR days, and I'm going crazy without him. :p:

Longest it's been is about 2-3 weeks I think.. back in the earlier stages.

ReputationRep:
    aaaaaaaaaaand back to my state of absolute depression! wish september the 12th would bloody hurry up!

ReputationRep:
    I'm usually pretty good about being apart from people I love. I miss them, of course, and desperately wish to be with them, but I can cope. I get on with things. I don't dwell in a state of misery.

I've been apart from my current boyfriend for about three weeks before (the longest with my ex was just over a month, I think). Usually, we only see each other at the weekend, but since he finished work he has been coming over for a few days here, a week there. My parents almost see him as part of the family now, and the fact that they like him makes it so much easier to see a lot of him (they justifiably hated my ex, and resented me seeing him once a week). And we are going to university together, so YAY!

ReputationRep:
    tut, am used to seeing my boyfriend everyday and we never usually go for longer than 3 hours without havin some sort of contact, sad I know

ReputationRep:
    Awww some of u guys have to go for ages without seeing your other halves, must be really hard on you, Makes my 5 weeks without him seem a bit pitiful really! Although saying that my friend didnt see her bf for 6 days and was moping about, grrrr!

ReputationRep:
    Er...well 2 and half months while i was in the States, then met up with her briefly for 5 days and then another month and a bit. So 4 months really...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by che_guevara)
    about 1 year but yesterday she back in my am hhehe
    wow
    I'm away for 10 months soon hopefully we'll be able to make it

ReputationRep:
    So it hasn't been that long yet, but I've already started the staying up until stupid times of the night (for the time difference) just in case I get a text or a call and then being upset when I don't or only get one text and he doesn't text back. Why am I perfectly able to cope normally but whenever this happens I revert to exactly how I was feeling as a heart broken 16 year old.

(Original post by tourist)
    So it hasn't been that long yet, but I've already started the staying up until stupid times of the night (for the time difference) just in case I get a text or a call and then being upset when I don't or only get one text and he doesn't text back. Why am I perfectly able to cope normally but whenever this happens I revert to exactly how I was feeling as a heart broken 16 year old.
    Ditto. I had a day off from work today and sent my other half a few texts - got stupidly annoyed that he didn't reply to all of them. I was feeling a bit insecure today though - it's so hard as I'm away from not just him but everyone I know, and the time difference here in Canada is 5 hrs (therefore everyone i know goes to bed when I'm getting home and want some company!). Also, I kinda feel like I'm not a very good support for him at the moment as 1) i'm not physically there to listen to his worries or to enjoy the good things that happen 2) He has to wait until 9/10pm to speak to me and therefore he is very tired when I get home

I'm happy as this week has flown by but still have weeks and weeks to go til I get to see him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Ditto. I had a day off from work today and sent my other half a few texts - got stupidly annoyed that he didn't reply to all of them. I was feeling a bit insecure today though - it's so hard as I'm away from not just him but everyone I know, and the time difference here in Canada is 5 hrs (therefore everyone i know goes to bed when I'm getting home and want some company!). Also, I kinda feel like I'm not a very good support for him at the moment as 1) i'm not physically there to listen to his worries or to enjoy the good things that happen 2) He has to wait until 9/10pm to speak to me and therefore he is very tired when I get home

I'm happy as this week has flown by but still have weeks and weeks to go til I get to see him.
    feel free to pm me if you want to chat about it

ReputationRep:
    I was away travelling in eastern europe for about 5 weeks this summer...sent texts/emails/postcards to him. Had one day at home then off to Ireland for a week to do Duke of Edinburgh gold hike. The day after I got back...he dumped me.

Within days he'd started going out with some attention-seeking little emo girl (think myspace pose pictures, too much eyeliner, and saying: 'I'm a complicated gurl! no-one understands me but him! luv u 4 lif!' etc).

Me? Bitter? Nah...

Actually it's ok, because I can now have a bit of fun in Queen's, Belfast To tell you the truth I was only pissed off because he finished it before I could. I'm weirdly proud like that, haha.

We were together for about a year and half...at least it passed the time in 6th form Sorry about this, venting haha.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 26, 2007
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.