Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

The fibs your teacher told you in school [golden thread]

You guys are my favourite class...

You guys are my best class...

There was a student who was one UMS off an A*...he came in on results day in tears and his parents begged to have it changed...

We have state of the art facilities...

ReputationRep:
    if you are having any problems with friends or bullying etc... we will be there to help and support you ( secondary school)

ReputationRep:
    "i once knew a pupil who leaned on his chair and cracked his head open"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greghayes)
    Oh man I have loads!

- that our primary school teacher invented the song "hey diddle diddle, median in the middle etc..."
    - if you were being picked on, telling a teacher would solve the problem (they literally just went "yeah I doubt Beth would do that"
    - year 6 SATs were important for high school
    - the ICT GCSE was nationally compulsary
    - your GCSE choices are just as important as your A Level choices for which unis and courses you can apply for (all mine say just B in English and Maths is enough for GCSE)
    - having your hair dyed a slightly off-natural colour is "too distracting for class" (my college embraces unnatural hair colours with a "rainbow hair" day at the start of the year)
    - "don't worry about those people who don't revise, they won't get the good grades" (we all know some people like this who annoy the rest of us)
    - GCSE French will give you a very good understanding of basic communication skills for speaking to locals (hahahahahahaha... yeah no)
    - "you should know what uni course you want to do by now, so you know what A Level subjects you need, so you know what GCSE subjects to choose to get you there" (in year 8...)
    - "you have to tie your hair back in practicals, a few years ago there was a girl whose hair got dipped in acid then she caught it in a bunsen burner and her head caught fire" (really now? really?)
    that last one lmao

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kobisha)
    "i once knew a pupil who leaned on his chair and cracked his head open"
    yh one teacher told me some kid fractured his neck after leaning back on a chair

ReputationRep:
    On the day before my exam - "Don't worry, you'll be fine."

ReputationRep:
    Well, this is really not funny but just last year, our teacher's basically lies about losing our coursework so the whole cohort had to redo them all 😊 my school was a mess. Haha moral of the story is, I'm still bitter 😒

ReputationRep:
    IT teacher told us the deadline for our GCSE coursework was way sooner than it actually was, to get us to do it. People came in to do it during Easter to get it done.it worked. Kind of thankful he did it as well. Such a nice feeling to know the time wasn't actually up.

ReputationRep:
    That bullying is dealt with

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PHD2027)
    they did that in my secondary school
    How come they did that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CTLevers)
    The sun doesn't move ;D It's the earth moving on its axis that gives the illusion of the sun moving across the sky throughout the day.Although I guess you could say the sun and everything in the universe is moving as it is continuously expanding
    No I'm sure it does

ReputationRep:
    Think everyones had the "don't swing on your chair"

ReputationRep:
    When we would play heads down thumbs up and I would never get picked to be on and my teacher would say 'don't worry you can be on next lesson' but I never was.

ReputationRep:
    if you work hard you will have a good life

****ing lying *****

ReputationRep:
    Universities care about your attendance.*

ReputationRep:
    My physics teacher told me that physics is fun... He lied

And then the old 'take languages and a humanities subject to get an e-back, languages is fun!'

Liars...

ReputationRep:
    "The assignment is due on Friday and you are not getting an extension for it."

We would get an extension on it like 90% of the time

ReputationRep:
    Teachers' telling you that you will fail if you don't do the homework set in their subject.
    I hardly did any homework at AS level for Biology, Chemistry and Psychology and ended up with AAA. BUT that's only because the homework my teacher's set were ridiculously long and a complete waste of time so I did my own revision which I believe helped me more.

ReputationRep:
    "Unis will care about which GCSE subjects you choose."

Which is why our school only offers 'academic' subjects and why I chose Computing and iGCSEs in French and Spanish.

ReputationRep:
    When the SA would be due for Tuesday and the teachers favourite student' didn't do it and told her privately she would lie and pretend that it's due for Thursday when I took that much effort doing it in 2 days. 😁😐

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: May 19, 2017
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.