Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm in langwith doing maths and physics, do you reckon it's worth buying the college fresher's ticket or not?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by LJRobertshaw)
    I'm in langwith doing maths and physics, do you reckon it's worth buying the college fresher's ticket or not?
    I'm Constantine but it probably is. Even if you don't like everything there should be plenty for everyone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doctorwhofan98)
    Gingerbread's going to Durham now rather than York. I'm in Constantine though - C1, Flat 2, in case you happen to be the same!
    Loving the name! Will you be joining the DW society?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imjustnotnormal)
    Loving the name! Will you be joining the DW society?
    Most likely! There are so many societies to choose from but I definitely want to fit in the Doctor Who society.

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea what to do for one of my fancy dress events. "Under the sea" is so ****ing obscure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheKian)
    I have no idea what to do for one of my fancy dress events. "Under the sea" is so ****ing obscure
    Yikes, that sounds difficult! My mind goes to 'The Little Mermaid' but you could go for any sea life, I suppose. Maybe something really individual - you could make a sea cucumber costume by wearing a duvet cover rolled into a tube...? I'm in a similar position - one of mine is a snake! I'm sewing right now but I'm worried it's a bit more 'Medusa' than 'snake' haha :')

ReputationRep:
    Hello! What are people's thoughts on the freshers wristband? I'm not sure if it's worth getting one or not, seeing as I don't really drink, and I'm not all that interested in going to clubs.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by inkmagpie)
    Hello! What are people's thoughts on the freshers wristband? I'm not sure if it's worth getting one or not, seeing as I don't really drink, and I'm not all that interested in going to clubs.
    I'm exactly the same as you but I got one because
    A) most colleges give you a free t-shirt with it
    B) the are meant to be lots of non-alcoholic events on too so it should be worth it. Depends on you though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    I'm exactly the same as you but I got one because
    A) most colleges give you a free t-shirt with it
    B) the are meant to be lots of non-alcoholic events on too so it should be worth it. Depends on you though
    Haha, yeah, free T-shirts are always good. Okay, thanks, think I might get it then - probably better than missing out!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neriine)
    Yikes, that sounds difficult! My mind goes to 'The Little Mermaid' but you could go for any sea life, I suppose. Maybe something really individual - you could make a sea cucumber costume by wearing a duvet cover rolled into a tube...? I'm in a similar position - one of mine is a snake! I'm sewing right now but I'm worried it's a bit more 'Medusa' than 'snake' haha :'
    I think I'm going as a turtle. I can't sew so it's gonna look so lazy. I'm gonna wear my old maccies uniform for "childhood dream job" fancy dress.

Good luck with yours though!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.