A Level Results: Post Your Results (AS)

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nomophobia)
    Because these are your AS results, right? What was the B in? Because you can resit or if it's a linear qualification, you have a year to improve.

Also, med schools mainly Base their offers off predicted grades and if they see your AS results they can clearly see that you can get AAA.

Therefore, your chances or medicine are not gone. Ygm?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    B is Maths, off by 2 UMS. I don't wanna resit that torture nope.

ReputationRep:
    A Biology
    B Chemistry
    B Computer Science
    D Maths

Medicine?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studentsixth)
    Lmao what? That's at least a predicted grade of AAA. You're fine
    Ikr, it's so annoying when people are disapointed with grades like that, they need to get a grip.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studentsixth)
    Lmao what? That's at least a predicted grade of AAA. You're fine
    Really? I don't think I can get AAA though. I think I'll be stuck with that B. I am gonna cry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Electrify)
    AAB (AS)
    My chances for medicine are gone, aren't they?
    Get your teachers to predict you AAA or if your A s are high A*AA

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Really? I don't think I can get AAA though. I think I'll be stuck with that B. I am gonna cry.
    Believe in yourself see where you went wrong and improve on it work harder next year

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Results
    • History: Predicted B / Achieved A
    • Sociology: Predicted C / Achieved B
    • Politics: Predicted C / Achieved B

Comments and reactions
    I also do English Lit, but that's Pre-U so I won't have a grade for that until next year. Other than that - oh my god, I was not expecting my grades to be this good. Apparently my Politics paper 2 was 5 marks away from the next grade boundary, so I'm wondering if I should consider having that paper remarked - I've never done it before, but if I could have two As at AS Level, that would be so amazing

Future ambitions
    I want to study History, hopefully at York, so this really boosts my chances at getting in. But yeah, really, I'm kinda in shock right now because I was not expecting my grades to be this good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miless090)
    Does anyone else have to wait until 11 for their results?
    I do and the suspense is killing me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GabbytheGreek_48)
    Believe in yourself see where you went wrong and improve on it work harder next year

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It was just very difficult, I lost the A by 2 UMS. Thank you though.

Thanks everyone.

ReputationRep:
    A in maths and I got 82 ums on core 1, 100 on core 2 and 91 on s1. Wondering how many marks exactly I needed to get those ums but whatever.

ReputationRep:
    B is Maths, off by 2 UMS. I don't wanna resit that torture nope.
    But you only did 3 AS Levels? Medicine is hard work, dude, I was off an A in Maths by 1 UMS, I know how you feel. But I'm going to resit core 2 next year and I'm gonna get that AAA - if you don't want medicine badly enough to resit a module in Maths, maybe medicine isn't for you.

But if you did 4 AS Levels then you can drop maths and just apply to uni's that don't ask for an A in your AS level.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theredwoman)
    Results
    • History: Predicted B / Achieved A
    • Sociology: Predicted C / Achieved B
    • Politics: Predicted C / Achieved B

Comments and reactions
    I also do English Lit, but that's Pre-U so I won't have a grade for that until next year. Other than that - oh my god, I was not expecting my grades to be this good. Apparently my Politics paper 2 was 5 marks away from the next grade boundary, so I'm wondering if I should consider having that paper remarked - I've never done it before, but if I could have two As at AS Level, that would be so amazing

Future ambitions
    I want to study History, hopefully at York, so this really boosts my chances at getting in. But yeah, really, I'm kinda in shock right now because I was not expecting my grades to be this good.
    Well done, that's so good!

ReputationRep:
    Results
    • Maths: Predicted A / Achieved A
    • Further Maths:Predicted A / Achieved A
    • Physics: Predicted A / Achieved A
    • Chemistry: Predicted A / Achieved A
    Comments and reactions
    Surprised with an A in Chemistry after seeing grade boundaries, disappointed we can't see the ums for science exams with new spec.

Future ambitions
    Probably Natural Sciences or a Maths/Physics degree, need to find out marks for Chemistry though.

ReputationRep:
    I got
    Law- A
    Politics- A
    History- A
    RE- B

So happy 😊😊

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nomophobia)
    But you only did 3 AS Levels? Medicine is hard work, dude, I was off an A in Maths by 1 UMS, I know how you feel. But I'm going to resit core 2 next year and I'm gonna get that AAA - if you don't want medicine badly enough to resit a module in Maths, maybe medicine isn't for you.

But if you did 4 AS Levels then you can drop maths and just apply to uni's that don't ask for an A in your AS level.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I only did 3 AS Levels, yeah.
    We don't get the chance to do more here.
    Since I'm an international student I'd have to resit Core 1 and 2 together (because they are one exam) and that'd really tire me.

ReputationRep:
    I only did 3 AS Levels, yeah.
    We don't get the chance to do more here.
    Since I'm an international student I'd have to resit Core 1 and 2 together (because they are one exam) and that'd really tire me.
    Alright, well that's a real shame, I'm not sure how I can help you any further but good luck! Hopefully you'll figure something out!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I was only doing the AS math since i'm actually studying for the french international option baccalaureat. I got an A overall in maths which i'm super pleased about (since we only had 3 hours of class / week). I won't be doing it at A2 since our french curriculum takes too much time. So yeah super pleased considering the circumstances and all

ReputationRep:
    Results
    • Subject: Maths Predicted A / Achieved A - C1 (98UMS), C2 (95UMS), S1(90UMS), Total UMS (283)
    Comments and reactions
    I have only taken Maths AS this year as all my other subjects are linear and we only did mock exams instead. I knew had made slip ups in each paper, but I didn't know they wouldn't make too much of a difference to the UMS.

Future ambitions
    I hope to read Natural Sciences at Cambridge or other universities.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tuffyandtab)
    Results
    • Subject: Maths Predicted A / Achieved A - C1 (98UMS), C2 (95UMS), S1(90UMS), Total UMS (283)
    Comments and reactions
    I have only taken Maths AS this year as all my other subjects are linear and we only did mock exams instead. I knew had made slip ups in each paper, but I didn't know they wouldn't make too much of a difference to the UMS.

Future ambitions
    I hope to read Natural Sciences at Cambridge or other universities.
    Did it include your mock results or only maths?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TJ154)
    Did it include your mock results or only maths?
    In my other subjects (chemistry, biology, computer science) I got A's in the mock exams, which are being used by teachers to predict my a level grades.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 7, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.