The Unofficial TSR Libertarian Party

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TitanCream)
    Not always, when I proposed cutting benefits for offenders my ideas were not welcomed.
    I'm glad they did, terrible idea. That's something I'd expect from UKIP. You sure you're in the right party? :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    We can't answer that and ultimately, no one can so we at least deserve the opportunity and chance to establish ourselves. How can we be judged when we haven't even been given a shot? And I'm baffled as to why it would be such an issue if we weren't active, all you'd need to do is delete us and that's over. Us being inactive doesn't make the commons less formidable.
    The thing is.. apparently it's really difficult to set up private sub forums. I mean speaking from my own experience of managing forums, I wouldn't have thought it, but I'm starting to believe it considering the MEU forums never got made private, it took a couple of months to get the NatLibs sub sorted, and the government went without a sub for the first couple weeks of the term.

Imo, people should at least get involved with MHoC and try out an existing party or two before they decide they don't fit with any, rather than coming in here and announcing a new party straight away. I know you have been involved but none of the others have (except Nige, but he is the opposite of a Libertarian) and one reliable member isn't enough to start a party. You need at least a couple more existing MHoC members before this becomes a viable party.

ReputationRep:
    Not always, when I proposed cutting benefits for offenders my ideas were not welcomed.
    I mean, I would guess that's because that's a decidedly illiberal policy and it wouldn't fit under a libertarian policy umbrella either.

ReputationRep:
    Good luck folks, we tried to keep one active but failed so if you can attract new members to this ideology then by all means, we'll help if we can.

ReputationRep:
    Give the party a shot, a simple shot and if it fails then it fails. I promise to be 10000% active (ok, maybe 85% )

ReputationRep:
    Give the party a shot, a simple shot and if it fails then it fails. I promise to be 10000% active (ok, maybe 85% )
    It's not a question of simply giving it a shot though – it isn't quite that easy. I need to see a core group of people who are dedicated to the party (that's not to say no dual members whatsoever but it means there needs to be a core of non-duals) and know their way around the MHoC before I seriously consider it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    It's not a question of simply giving it a shot though – it isn't quite that easy. I need to see a core group of people who are dedicated to the party (that's not to say no dual members whatsoever but it means there needs to be a core of non-duals) and know their way around the MHoC before I seriously consider it.
    I've got some good experience and albeit served in two cabinet positions. Additionally even though I lost I find my work in trying to prevent a repeal of the hunting act my highlight. I would be interested and would leave the liberals.

ReputationRep:
    I've got some good experience and albeit served in two cabinet positions. Additionally even though I lost I find my work in trying to prevent a repeal of the hunting act my highlight. I would be interested and would leave the liberals.
    That's not enough to warrant another party though. The only person that I can think of that maybe just about has the activity to propel an entire party is Jammy Duel, and even that's pushing it.

It's also nice to see you're loyal to me and the party, a couple of days after I literally have you my seat.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Real life libertarian here. I'd be interested in getting involved.

ReputationRep:
    Not sure 'albeit' is the word you want here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheDefiniteArticle)
    Not sure 'albeit' is the word you want here.
    Crazy typo
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    That's not enough to warrant another party though. The only person that I can think of that maybe just about has the activity to propel an entire party is Jammy Duel, and even that's pushing it.

It's also nice to see you're loyal to me and the party, a couple of days after I literally have you my seat.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Don't act so shocked, I have been wanting to leave for a long time and after the recent drama I wanted a change. And calling me out in loyalty is a bit harsh considering how you stripped me of my seat for no valid reason

ReputationRep:
    Crazy typo

Don't act so shocked, I have been wanting to leave for a long time and after the recent drama I wanted a change. And calling me out in loyalty is a bit harsh considering how you stripped me of my seat for no valid reason
    I'm shocked that you're being so open, that is all. One would be led to believe you've already left and that this party is definitely forming.

You know full well what happened and it was dealt with internally. You have no reason to bring it up now.

ReputationRep:
    Not here guys - can we leave this thread for a Libertarian party discussion please?

ReputationRep:
    Update:
    Even though this is not an official party (yet) I would like to mention that TitanCream will be the second-in-command when it comes to this Libertarian party. If the party forms I am planning on a dual leadership. Its of utmost importance to have a well oiled party structure, and I believe Titan will do a good job in being part of that.

Upcoming plans:
    Put out a test-bill in the near future. Possible topics have been discussed.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    This has been discussed via PM, so TitanCream is aware of that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Galaxie501)
    Update:
    Even though this is not an official party (yet) I would like to mention that TitanCream will be the second-in-command when it comes to this Libertarian party. If the party forms I am planning on a dual leadership. Its of utmost importance to have a well oiled party structure, and I believe Titan will do a good job in being part of that.

Upcoming plans:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Excellent. If you need me to undertake a role for the party at any point - let me know the role and I'll see if it's something suited to me.

ReputationRep:
    Update:

Upcoming plans:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    That is a good choice. Will you two be drawing up a party constitution as well? Also, when you say 'dual leadership', does that mean there will be two leaders and one deputy leader?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quamquam123)
    That is a good choice. Will you two be drawing up a party constitution as well? Also, when you say 'dual leadership', does that mean there will be two leaders and one deputy leader?
    Thats still up for decision, but I think both leaders should have the same priviliges and rights within the party (otherwise one doesnt need a dual leadership in the first place). The party structure and organization will be determined in the future.

A constitution is definitely on the radar, but that might take some time depending on how much work on has in reallife.

Please keep in mind that this thread serves mainly to raise awareness for those interested.

ReputationRep:
    Thats still up for decision, but I think both leaders should have the same priviliges and rights within the party (otherwise one doesnt need a dual leadership in the first place). The party structure and organization will be determined in the future.

A constitution is definitely on the radar, but that might take some time depending on how much work on has in reallife.
    One tip about duel leadership, it doesn't work. I've had painful experience of it and unless you are both on basically every day decisions take too long.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    One tip about duel leadership, it doesn't work. I've had painful experience of it and unless you are both on basically every day decisions take too long.
    Thanks I'll keep that in mind. Momentarily we are quite active.

How well this works will also depend on how the decision making process is designed. Can one leader make party decisions alone? Do both leaders need to sign off on every little thing?

Thats up for grabs.

ReputationRep:

I think a dual leadership is a good idea, particularly when the party is in its early stages.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 23, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.