Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HAnwar)
    That doesn't make you any less of a murderer.
    I'll be the first to bring religion into this- only God can give and take away life.
    You're conflating killing with murder.Not all killing can be said to be murder.Soldiers kill other soldiers in war yet hardly anyone calls them murderers.Why? Life for the sake of life is not a good thing.I think personally that it should be allowed but only for terminal illnesses,what difference does it make if a person dies now in six months?

ReputationRep:
    Haven't read the debate, but yes. However, it shouldn't be a defence to murder, and only medical professionals qualified in a new 'euthanasia' qualification to ensure they are able to appropriately protect lives of the vulnerable should be able to carry it out.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Reachin4TheStars)
    Oh cool nice to meet you and hope your having a great time 👍🏼
    Just wondering as I'm passing through whether you two (+ Galaxie501) have discovered the Speaker's Chamber? If you watch that thread then you will get to see the nightly update which will contain new items that are posted in the MHoC.

ReputationRep:
    In theory, yes. In practice, it would be incredibly difficult to regulate. I still believe it's right, though, but I understand why it's not legal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    Just wondering as I'm passing through whether you two (+ Galaxie501) have discovered the Speaker's Chamber? If you watch that thread then you will get to see the nightly update which will contain new items that are posted in the MHoC.
    Nope 😯 Okay will do 👍🏼 thanks for that ☺️

(Original post by Reachin4TheStars)
    Should assisted suicide be legalised in the UK?
    Should assisted suicide be legalised in the UK?
    So basically, it's in the title, currently assisted suicide is illegal in the UK but what is your opinion? Should it be legalised and why? And if it shouldn't then why not? Interested in your opinion?

Assisted suicide is the act of deliberately assisting or encouraging another person to kill themselves.

Where's your petition? I was all prepared to sign it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Platopus)
    Lol just a simple yes or no is all you have to post and a reason why if you like ☺️

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I have recently saw someone I love in agony and begging to be killed this could of stopped their suffering.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Platopus)
    This is MHoC it isn't for the real government.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joecphillips)
    Yes, I have recently saw someone I love in agony and begging to be killed this could of stopped their suffering.
    Sorry to hear that 😯
    I agree instead of suffering sometimes it's easier to 'put them out of their misery' if you get what I mean 👍🏼
    And although there is euthanasia available in other countries it's a lot of money and effort especially for someone who is already suffering 💖
    I totally agree ☺️

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Personinsertname)
    Isn't there already assisted suicide?
    It's called "Cutting the plug"
    Nope, not in the UK anyway. If you help someone kill them selves you will be treated as an accessory and taken to court, a jury would likely find you innocent on principle [it happens] but still.

'Pulling the plug' is in no way the same thing, especially in the legal system. That is only done when a person is considered to be dead if not for the machine keeping them physically alive. no body helps anyone end their own life and nobody technically ends said life either.

The closest thing to it would be ceasing artificial nurishment of a terminal patient as that doesn't count either. that being said imo it's a horrifically cruel thing to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joecphillips)
    This is MHoC it isn't for the real government.
    I think many people didn't notice the sub-forum and believe this does indeed relate to the topic in life.

ReputationRep:
    In my opinion yes. If it is thought through and the person wanted to do so then yes. However the person should do intensive therapy before considering it and if after that they are still feeling the same way then yes they should be allowed.

ReputationRep:
    Theres a reason we put animals down.Its because we dont want them to suffer when they're dying.Shouldnt we also extend the same courtesy to human beings? Honestly its not death I fear but dying.When you're dead its more than likely just like before you were born, just nothing.Thats not something to be afraid of.Dying on the other hand........

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Delaying death to a person suffering with no future prospects is cruel. It's simple common sense.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    No, the among the first duties of state isn't encouraging people to kill each other, the obvious slippery slope has been clearly exhibited in the past, if people really want to cap themselves they can do it themselves or be carted off to Switzerland.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Conceited)
    Yes. Delaying death to a person suffering with no future prospects is cruel. It's simple common sense.
    That assumes medical advancement has now terminated. Try telling a cancer patient even just a few decades ago that they would more likely than not survive.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    No, the among the first duties of state isn't encouraging people to kill each other, the obvious slippery slope has been clearly exhibited in the past, if people really want to cap themselves they can do it themselves or be carted off to Switzerland.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Even where suicide is rational it's very difficult to do it on one's own.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    But if someone wants to die, it's just ridiculous that they either have to do it themselves ot go to Switzerland.

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely not. Imagine the number of rich old men and ladies being killed of because it was 'in their wishes'

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.