Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Decaff)
    Here's a question - why are there so many girls on this thread with a lot of internalised misogyny? Many complaints about *****y rude queen bees and popular girls, how vicious girls are... while you're off online talking about how you're so much better than them because you don't enjoy the same things, like wearing makeup or feminine clothes. Take a look at yourself and take a look at them - there's no ranking system. You're different people leading different lives, and neither of you are better than the other.
    Girls can be rude and horrible and cruel and manipulative the same ways that boys can be rude and horrible and cruel and manipulative. Both are capable of psychological and physical damage. We're all potential ********s, so can we please leave off the snowflake complexes and stop victimising the typical girl (or atypical, since girls who like sports and wear jeans and tshirts are a Rare Endangered Species)
    I knew my post would be up for debate.
    But, misinterpreted? Well, I sure didn't see that coming.
    I do see your point thought, except for the fact that I never considered myself superior. In fact, I'm ashamed I don't know anything about make-up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raniafern)
    I knew my post would be up for debate.
    But, misinterpreted? Well, I sure didn't see that coming.
    I do see your point thought, except for the fact that I never considered myself superior. In fact, I'm ashamed I don't know anything about make-up.
    Me neither - but I'm not ashamed :nah:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matrix123)
    Me neither - but I'm not ashamed :nah:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Alright
    I'm just that kind of person who'd prefer to know how to do stuff :erm: Ashamed because my mom has to do it for me on special occasions :lol:

Still waiting for an answer to my question, even though numerous guys have posted after me and got an answer already.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IYGB)
    lol at the avatar

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ColossalAtom)
    Is there a limit to how smart a boy/man can get to the point that is off-putting?
    I don't think so. What I think is more important is what a guy does with his intelligence - for example, if he's cocky about it or shows off
    (Original post by ColossalAtom)
    Still waiting for an answer to my question, even though numerous guys have posted after me and got an answer already.
    Just went back to find your post
    Alright
    I'm just that kind of person who'd prefer to know how to do stuff :erm: Ashamed because my mom has to do it for me on special occasions :lol:
    Fair enough
    Ohh I don't wear make up
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by notstudent25)
    Does girls have a soul?
    I don't but, that might be because I'm ginger

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RickmanAlways)
    I know i will answer ANYTHING and anyone can answer the questions.
    Do u think boys should be the 'man' when handling girls i.e. lead, be decisive, assertive and take no ****, and be the one who approaches the girl?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Why don't any of you take Physics A Level? Society says you feel a lack of confidence to take it, while I believe most of you don't have an interest in it. Which one is it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GradeA*UnderA)
    Why don't any of you take Physics A Level? Society says you feel a lack of confidence to take it, while I believe most of you don't have an interest in it. Which one is it?
    I'm obviously not a representative of the female population, but personally, Physics is my weakest subject

ReputationRep:
    <script>alert("Byo")</script>

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RickmanAlways)
    I know i will answer ANYTHING and anyone can answer the questions.
    Do girls always expect guys to speak first? Serious question!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Justtryingtolive)
    Do u think boys should be the 'man' when handling girls i.e. lead, be decisive, assertive and take no ****, and be the one who approaches the girl?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Tbh I don't care; it works either way. Personally, I'm a pretty quiet and reserved person so I guess there's a greater chance something would happen if I was approached by a guy but as I said, I don't think it matters
    I'm taking A Level physics - I personally have a lack of interest in it
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm taking physics a level in September- it's my favourite subject. I don't think girls don't take it because they're not interested, it's more to do with the fact we can only pic 3 subjects and physics may not be necessary for their desired career choice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thequiteguy)
    Do girls always expect guys to speak first? Serious question!
    I don't. It depends on the person, I think. People who are shy need a conversation-starter, so that's probably why they wait for the other person to initiate a conversation. But, I've seen a fair share of quiet guys and gals, so I think it works both ways.

Q: Is your username supposed to say The Quiet Guy?

ReputationRep:
    I don't. It depends on the person, I think. People who are shy need a conversation-starter, so that's probably why they wait for the other person to initiate a conversation. But, I've seen a fair share of quiet guys and gals, so I think it works both ways.

Q: Is your username supposed to say The Quiet Guy?
    Doesn't seem like it in my area... and I ain't a good conversation starter so that's probably where my problem is. Thanks for answer

And yes it's meant to be Thequietguy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thequiteguy)
    Doesn't seem like it in my area... and I ain't a good conversation starter so that's probably where my problem is. Thanks for answer

And yes it's meant to be Thequietguy
    Wish I could give you some advice, but I've zero experience with relationships. With friends though, I've a bunch of guys who are more than willing to strike up a convo with a girl, and another bunch who are afraid to say the wrong thing. Yeah, I guessed from your username :mmm: No problemo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChemGeek16)
    I'm taking physics a level in September- it's my favourite subject. I don't think girls don't take it because they're not interested, it's more to do with the fact we can only pic 3 subjects and physics may not be necessary for their desired career choice
    Yup, right on!

I had to pick 5 :cry2: I needed it for Medicine though.

ReputationRep:
    Wish I could give you some advice, but I've zero experience with relationships. With friends though, I've a bunch of guys who are more than willing to strike up a convo with a girl, and another bunch who are afraid to say the wrong thing. Yeah, I guessed from your username :mmm: No problemo

ReputationRep:
    You'll answer anything? Okay then, if a tree falls and no one is there to hear it, does it actually make a sound?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.