Turn on thread page Beta

Galloway faces Commons suspension watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Overall, is your view of George Galloway favourable or unfavourable?
    Favourable
    30.56%
    Unfavourable
    69.44%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RK89)
    Go on wikipedia and read up all about US history, you will find all the evidence there.
    "My lord, I'd like to submit my first piece of evidence... US history. As a whole. I rest my case."

Brilliant - I'll start with the Mayflower shall I?

(Original post by RK89)
    As for the getaway part, i just dont like boring little toddlers, nothing personal. And go and see the mental health service as i suggested, you have serious problems it seems.
    Oo, being insulted by some schoolkid. Oh noes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JonathanH)
    Indeed not, but they do think that they are right. If they didn't, they wouldn't think what they do.
    Do you ever change your mind about anything?

ReputationRep:
    No - because in such a case, his actual point of view is that those others are wrong. So he believes he's right in his real point of view that those are wrong. People don't hold points of view if they don't agree with them, unless they somehow disagree with themselves.

It is quite possible to disagree with ones self. Smokers disagree with themselves as do alcoholics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukebert)
    He never lets an idea disrupt the flow of his posts!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ezekiel)
    It is quite possible to disagree with ones self. Smokers disagree with themselves as do alcoholics.
    No they don't. They may disagree with their actions, but in order to do so, their point of view is that their actions are wrong. And obviously they agree with that point of view, or they wouldn't think that. The fact they do it anyway is neither here nor there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ukebert)
    Sometimes.

ReputationRep:
    No they don't. They may disagree with their actions, but in order to do so, their point of view is that their actions are wrong. And obviously they agree with that point of view, or they wouldn't think that. The fact they do it anyway is neither here nor there.
    If they believe something is wrong and they still do it it then they can not belive it was wrong to begin The fact that they do it anyway is important.

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes.
    I'm glad to hear it If you do, then you necessarily won't regard other people's views in the same way all the time, making you human.

ReputationRep:
    If they believe something is wrong and they still do it it then they can not belive it was wrong to begin
    You say it yourself - THEY BELIEVE the thing is wrong. Thus that belief is their point of view, and they agree with that point of view! You don't seem to get it, you can disagree with your own conduct - but that means you're AGREEING with your OPINION that that conduct is wrong.

ReputationRep:
    You say it yourself - THEY BELIEVE the thing is wrong. Thus that belief is their point of view, and they agree with that point of view! .

People who have panic attacks belive they are about to die or they are having a heart attack. They have a belief that they know is false yet it is still a belief other wise they wouldn't have the panic attack.

ReputationRep:
    People who have panic attacks belive they are about to die or they are having a heart attack. They have a belief that they know is false yet it is still a belief.
    I think from the fact you're having to resort to this sort of thing - trying to compare rational human opinions to irrational panicked concerns over health, demonstrates that you really cannot show that people disagree with their own opinions. How is it possible to disagree with one's own opinions - because if you DISAGREE with an opinion then your real opinion is that you DISAGREE - and you AGREE with that, so you agree with your opinion.

ReputationRep:
    Did you hear Galloway speak to the BBC after he got owned by the commons? He was basically saying 'the commons is full of criminals, and today even a convicted rapist', 1) as though this was true and 2) as if the rest of the commons being 'criminal' somehow vindicated his criminality. He doesnt speak with sense, he just chats sensationalist bull****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Consie)
    Did you hear Galloway speak to the BBC after he got owned by the commons? He was basically saying 'the commons is full of criminals, and today even a convicted rapist', 1) as though this was true and 2) as if the rest of the commons being 'criminal' somehow vindicated his criminality. He doesnt speak with sense, he just chats sensationalist bull****.
    You sound surprised. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Certainly not, I just thought I'd make an assertion.

"We are all hezbollah now".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gas_panic!)
    "We are all hezbollah now".

Not GG, he was always Hezbollah,

ReputationRep:
    Some opinions are more valid than others. If an opinion is based on ignorance or lies, then it is less valid than being based on knowledge and truth. This idiotic idea that all opinions have some sort of inherent value is ridiculous - the opinions of idiots, liars and ignoramuses have no inherent value just because some sub-standard mind has come up with them.

Why do you assume I'm not a naturally nasty and belligerent person?
    Oh i don't. Just that you taking being told as such as a compliment may lead you to carry on in the same vein, when there is no need for it. You actually enjoy being nasty, then? Wow. Watch out Simon Cowell?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Consie)
    I think its perfectly okay for him to comment on the hypocrisy of it all, really. Doubt he was trying to validate his own actions by draggin others down with him. And i don't think he deserved to be suspended. So funny, after all of this waiting for someone to face the music in the Commons for the war, it turns out to be the most anit-war one of them all, as Mark Steel so funnily satirized in todays newspaper...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cottonmouth)
    I think its perfectly okay for him to comment on the hypocrisy of it all, really. Doubt he was trying to validate his own actions by draggin others down with him. And i don't think he deserved to be suspended. So funny, after all of this waiting for someone to face the music in the Commons for the war, it turns out to be the most anit-war one of them all, as Mark Steel so funnily satirized in todays newspaper...
    Which newspaper did mark steel write in, this sounds intresting. Can you link me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RK89)
    Which newspaper did mark steel write in, this sounds intresting. Can you link me?
    The Independent. No, can't link you because you have to pay for commentary articles on the Indie webiste. If you wanna pay for it, just go onto Independent .co.uk and find it..

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.