Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

University of essex, colchester campus

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2Calum1906)
    So am I. i dont understand how the room system works tho?
    What do you mean? And which building are you in? I'm in sainty quay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by undine_monty)
    I'm nervous as well but I'm up for the challenge of meeting new people despite my shyness . What societies/sports clubs are you gonna join? I'm probably gonna join the Harry Potter one and possibly the eSports one. I just wish there was a chess club though
    I have no idea what societies I'll join yet, I don't think I'll be joining any sports clubs though haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by janellecxx)
    hey! I am
    What's your building/flat/room no.?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophie.1997)
    What do you mean? And which building are you in? I'm in sainty quay
    I'm in flat 3.6 at sainty quay

ReputationRep:
    anyone in Matthews Quays?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ohmarnz)
    What's your building/flat/room no.?
    I'm staying at MAC4.2

ReputationRep:
    I'm staying at MAC4.2
    Mine's mac 5.3, what does that actually mean lol? the number?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IronicalMan)
    Mine's mac 5.3, what does that actually mean lol? the number?
    MAC for Manningtree Court, 5 for building and 3 for flat

ReputationRep:
    I know there's a Freshers chat on Facebook already but I think we should start our own TSR one, especially as the other one will probably get full

Add me on FB (Johnny English) and I'll get one started 👍

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kfs-123)
    Im staying at Wolfson Courts
    Cool, me too, what are you studying?

ReputationRep:
    I'm staying at MAC4.2
    I'm staying at MAC5.1, haven't found anyone else in the same building/flat as me yet

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Anyone studying history?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jasismoran)
    Posted from TSR MobileAnyone studying history?
    Did you do AQA History? The 100 year coursework?

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No, I was with Edexcel. Had to do coursework on Russia :P (which I did not do great in!)

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    No, I was with Edexcel, I think. Had to do coursework on Russia :P (which I did not do that great in!)

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR MobileNo, I was with Edexcel, I think. Had to do coursework on Russia :P (which I did not do that great in!)
    I didn't do great in mine either. Mine was focused around the Irish Potato Famine. I put so much effort in it but I just couldn't evaluate properly and I was describing too much. I even got help from a tutor but I just didn't improve much. I'd written my third draft and I decided that was the best I could do and I sent it off. I think at this point, I placed myself in clearing because I knew beforehand, how bad my coursework was

My referencing was really good though, like pristine. I got a book about how to write first class essays for uni because I was so determined to get my referencing right. I reckon, if the whole essay was marked on my referencing skills, I'd have gotten an A* in that coursework, but the rest of it was utter crap, so I came out with an E grade

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anastasia626)
    anyone in Matthews Quays?
    I am! 4.2 not sure what that means though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I didn't do great in mine either. Mine was focused around the Irish Potato Famine. I put so much effort in it but I just couldn't evaluate properly and I was describing too much. I even got help from a tutor but I just didn't improve much. I'd written my third draft and I decided that was the best I could do and I sent it off. I think at this point, I placed myself in clearing because I knew beforehand, how bad my coursework was

My referencing was really good though, like pristine. I got a book about how to write first class essays for uni because I was so determined to get my referencing right. I reckon, if the whole essay was marked on my referencing skills, I'd have gotten an A* in that coursework, but the rest of it was utter crap, so I came out with an E grade
    I wasn't that great at referencing, I got a C in the coursework, & at the time that was so annoying as it put more pressure on the exam! (my offer was BBB)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't that great at referencing, I got a C in the coursework, & at the time that was so annoying as it put more pressure on the exam! (my offer was BBB)Posted from TSR Mobile
    Was Essex your firm?I struggled during the history exam. The way they worded some of the questions was confusing. It seemed intentional because I'm sure they could've written the questions in a more straight forward way. Sometimes I wonder whether those examiners are out to get us

ReputationRep:
    Was Essex your firm?I struggled during the history exam. The way they worded some of the questions was confusing. It seemed intentional because I'm sure they could've written the questions in a more straight forward way. Sometimes I wonder whether those examiners are out to get us
    Yeah, Essex was my firm. I managed an A in the exam (have no idea how) which pushed me up to the B I needed. What topic was your exam on? Mine was on the American civil war.
    Yeah, same with mine! some of the questions were phrased really awkwardly & it made it unnecessarily confusing

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.