Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmyAlbertsLamb)
    Again, I shall refer you to the REF rankings. It proves who is the strongest in research. Sorry, you tried using this earlier and ended up going against yourself. https://www.timeshighereducation.com...over-14-01.pdf

http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/about/fa...xcellence.aspx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magic Streets)
    If I wanted to hear a story, I would have asked for one. I alone of any of you actually attended UCL. You have not been to a good university, let alone a great one.

Warwick is not better than Manchester overall. Manchester is much stronger for research, and Warwick attracts brighter students on average. Both have their strengths and weaknesses.

Edit: refrain from using terms like ''bro''. That is not good use of English language in the UK.
    What a rude response. Would expect better from UCL alumni. Worrying as I'm attending the university this September myself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanyapotter)
    What a rude response. Would expect better from UCL alumni. Worrying as I'm attending the university this September myself.
    University is about bettering oneself, and if every petty grievance should now be brought up amongst posters, we may as well abandon all forums on TSR.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magic Streets)
    University is about bettering oneself, and if every petty grievance should now be brought up amongst posters, we may as well abandon all forums on TSR.
    I'm simply pointing out that your ad hominem responses and superiority complex aren't the most constructive of additions to this thread (which had nothing to do with UCL in the first place).

ReputationRep:
    You're actually so cute, so you believe that this is the overall ranking and not one related to a specific field? That what you've sent is the overall result? So, the overall REF result is wrong?

What you sent was a subdivision of what makes the final, overall result. The REF Excellence rankings. The research power is only a part of the final answer. It doesn't mean it is the overall research excellence. Do you understand the difference? Don't be so deluded.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmyAlbertsLamb)
    You're actually so cute, so you believe that this is the overall ranking and not one related to a specific field? That what you've sent is the overall result? So, the overall REF result is wrong?

What you sent was a subdivision of what makes the final, overall result. The REF Excellence rankings. The research power is only a part of the final answer. It doesn't mean it is the overall research excellence. Do you understand the difference? Don't be so deluded.
    Are you asian?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education...-research.html

ReputationRep:
    no choose manchester- the city is HUGE, theres more opportunities, greater diversity, bigger student population and an amazing nightlife. I live in manchester and if i didn't live in manchester I would totally want to go to uni here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by may_1)
    no choose manchester- the city is HUGE, theres more opportunities, greater diversity, bigger student population and an amazing nightlife. I live in manchester and if i didn't live in manchester I would totally want to go to uni here
    But do you get serious students at Manchester, or a bunch of dicks?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.